3D vision 2 enable 310.33 Samsung 3D S27A950D S23A950D S23A750D S23A700D

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by tx3, Oct 24, 2012.

1. el badman

el badman Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 660Ti 2GB
    You guys rock, it eventually worked! I managed to install this driver with the method above, and while the 3D Vision setup still couldn't be completed using the default Samsung glasses, I gave it a shot with my 3D Vision Kit and I finally managed to complete this damn setup. I did have to cheat a little because it was reversing the eyes (what I should have seen with my left eye, it actually was with my right eye), but I'm sure there must be a workaround for that.
    Thank you so much!

2. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    you can revert r/l to l/r in your screen settings (well, i can).

De nana!

3. el badman

el badman Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 660Ti 2GB
    I guess I'm still struggling with the settings here...While I completed the setup, I still see double of everything when using the 3D Vision Photo Viewer, or in games like Skyrim. If using my Nvidia 3D glasses, is there a particular mode that I should choose in the monitor's 3D options? Pressing the button on the IR emitter seems to launch 3D mode even when it's off in the monitor settings, but that only gives me a ghost image of everything (even when playing with the wheel behind the IR emitter). But if I choose "2D->3D" or "Frame Sequential" in the monitor menu, that reverts back to a non-3D picture, only darker. Any other settings I should mess around with?

4. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    I talked to another person and they told me the best result if you have a nvidia 3d vision dongle is to use the samsung glasses and use this Samsung 2233rz 120hz Active monitor EDID

http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/view...sid=993028023743e97c38f154f3fef8d52d&start=10

Also because you have the 3D emitter from Nvidia, you could always use Tri-Def 3D and you can use frame sequential! That means you have access to both TriDef3D and Nvidia 3D vision :)

http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1114

I haven't had time to do this, but I am planning on buying a 3D vision kit so I can get the dongle. Try these solutions and tell me how they work for you.

PS: The OP's method in making 3D vision work with this display does not require the 3D emitter donagle or the use of 3D vision glasses; However, there are side effects in using 3D vision without the Nvidia donagle, such as lag, and screen shuts off when switching between 3D mode. Several people told me if you have the Nvidia emitter donagle, you should use the above EDID and samsung glasses.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

5. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Don't you have your samsung glasses?
    I also have nvidia glasses but the effects you got, i got them only if im using nvidia's.

I use frame sequential, i put my samsung glasses and then L/R change following if the picture is odd.
    Thus, if you want to use the nvidia glasses, i can't help you since only samsung glasses is working perfectly.

6. el badman

el badman Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 660Ti 2GB
    I guess that's where the 3D noobery becomes the issue for me: I do have the Samsung 3D glasses that came with the monitor, but I just can't seem to find a simple step-by-step process when it comes to using them coupled with the Nvidia IR emitter, and I'm mostly confused as to whether Stereoscopic vision should be enabled in the Nvidia control panel if I'm only gonna be using the Samsung glasses and the monitor's 3D mode anyway. Right now, if I use them, I'm not able to to complete the 3D Vision setup wizard, nothing looks different when asked to pass the test (in Frame Sequential or other modes), so my questions are the following:

- Should I enable Frame Sequential on the monitor before trying the setup wizard? or is this step even needed if I'm going to use the Samsung glasses?
    - At which point during the setup wizard should I turn on the Samsung glasses?
    - If I finally manage to complete the wizard using the Samsung glasses, how do I start 3D mode in games afterwards? through the monitor options?

Sorry for the outrageously dumb questions, but I gotta say I'm extremely confused when it comes to 3D, even after reading about it for hours and hours...I finally seem to have the right driver for the monitor at least, but I can't seem to know what to do next.
    I haven't tried Tridef yet but I might give it a shot next.

7. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    If you have a 3D vision emitter, you can do a better method of using 3D vision rather than the OP's method as I told you in my previous post.

You only want to use the OP's method if you do not have a 3D vision emitter

You have a 3D vision emitter so just use the samsung 2233rz EDID I recommended.

If you still want to use the OP's method, u probaly used either the Acer HN274H B EDID, or Asus VG278H EDID.

In order to set up the 3D vision setup with those two EDID's, you have to use frame sequential mode and use the samsung glasses, you have to sync your samsung glasses with your display during the set up wizard (No, not just turn your samsung glasses on, but sync it as if it is a brand new display, try holding down the power button on the glasses), and you may have to change the L/R function to complete the wizard properly.

As I already told you, the OP's method does not require the 3D vision emitter and it is a inferior way to use 3D vision, as the power on the display turns off when switching to 3D mode and exiting 3D mode, and there is bad lag issues using this method.

If you use the samsung 2233rz EDID with 3D Vision emitter, you will not have these problems

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  8. el badman

el badman Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 660Ti 2GB
    Thanks a lot for the assistance, I'll try that method in a bit then.

9. el badman

el badman Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 660Ti 2GB
    So I tried to re-run the setup wizard using this 2233rz EDID and the Samsung glasses, but right after the step where the setup shows the type of monitor you have and becomes blank for a few seconds, it came back with an error message mentioning that the setup had to stop due to an issue with the display driver. I took a printscreen of it and was going to post it here, but unfortunately after I clicked "ok" the screen never worked again, it stayed black and only kept showing the "digital" signal every few seconds. I had to manually reboot the PC and of course I lost the printscreen of the error...
    One quick question regarding this method: on the 1st step of the setup wizard, I should choose "IR Emitter" and not "3D Discover glasses", is that correct?

10. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    I've never set up using this specific EDID since I do not have the 3D vision Emitter. I am just relaying the recommendation another owner of this display told me to use; However, 3D discovery glasses use a different form of 3D. It's a older generation of 3D and inferior to what we have now, so no, do not select 3D Discovery glasses to use during set up. You want to select the IR Emitter because that is the Nvidia IR Emitter you are going to use with your display.

It worked for him, so I assume it can work for you. I think you only need to have the IR Emitter plugged in, the glasses still sync with the display. He told me, he cannot use the Nvidia glasses, but the samsung glasses work fine.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

11. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Try this version of the EDID, I looked at it and the original EDID and noticed that some of the settings are different.

I had to do the same thing when I modified my own EDID with the Acer-HN274H-B EDID.

I changed a few of the settings which match the original S27a950d EDID, but not the settings that will mess up the set up in the 3D vision.

Please remember to reinstall your Nvidia 3D vision driver and 3D vision controller driver everytime you change your monitors EDID.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  12. el badman

el badman Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 660Ti 2GB
    So I tried this tweaked EDID you posted, but this time it did not even let me complete the driver update. I did it like before after disabling driver signature, but it ended up telling me that it couldn't update the driver due to "invalid data".
    I figured I would try one of the other EDID from OP that I hadn't tried yet, the ASUS one, but something weird happened with that too: it looked like it went through, I restarted and when I tried the setup wizard again it wouldn't recognized the monitor as the ASUS one, it gave me the "PnP generic" message...
    So I uninstalled and reinstalled the Acer HN274H EDID that had previously worked for me, it went through, but now I cannot even complete the 3D wizard anymore because it gives me the same error that I had got when trying the Samsung 2233rz EDID:

http://imgur.com/p5gnPhM

I'm at a loss with this monitor...

13. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    No idea, how are you installing the EDID's anyway? Did you make sure to reinstall the 3D vision driver and controller driver every-time you change your monitors EDID?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  14. el badman

el badman Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 660Ti 2GB
    I wasn't doing it prior to you mentioning it, but yes for this attempt I did that as well.
    What I noticed is that when I launch the 3D Vision setup wizard, I can't seem to turn on the IR emitter at the required step (the 2nd step I believe) if it was already connected in the first place. The light on it stays pale green, not bright green as it should be, even if I hold the button. However, if I start the setup without the IR emitter being already plugged in, and that I connect it during the step where it asks me to turn on the 3D glasses, then the emitter starts right away with the bright green light. But it only works with the Nvidia glasses, nothing happens when I try the Samsung ones.
    Which makes me want to ask this question, just to clear up any confusion on my end: do I even need to run the 3D setup wizard at all if trying to use my Samsung glasses with the IR emitter and the EDID override?

15. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You are never gonna make it, aren't you? :)

16. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    This part I cannot help you with buddy, I have never done the set up with a 3D IR emitter, you are going to have to figure it out yourself, but those other guys told me you can only use the samsung glasses when using the 3D vision IR emitter. Just synch the glasses with the display when it is asking you to sync it with the IR emitter. Try that out. Or try synching it with the Nvidia 3D vision glasses, you just want to make sure the IR emitter is registering in the setup allowing you to complete it.

Yes you have to finish the 3D set up in order to use Nvidia's 3D vision. I wrote to you in a previous post, that if you want to use Tri-Def's 3D with Frame Sequential, you can because you have a 3D Vision IR emitter, if this is too much trouble for you, you can always go that route.

I do not have a IR emitter, so I am stuck using the OP's method, Tri-Def3D does not support frame sequential for Nvidia cards unless you have a IR emitter, when using Tri-Def3D, I am forced to use only side by side mode, which halves my resolution, giving a inferior experience than if I was to use 3D vision giving me full 1080p res during 3D.

I have used both 3D programs, I can honestly tell you that Tri-Def3D is a better overall experience which I would be using if I could use full resolution frame sequential mode but I cannot, it allows more customization and tweaking while playing in 3D; However, Nvidia has other functions of 3D vision that Tri-Def 3D does not. If you can figure out how to use both, you will get the best of both worlds, that's something no other users get, the ability to use both Tri-Def 3D and Nvidia 3D vision. Most people are limited in using one or the other. And by all rights, we should be allowed to use both, if you paid for a 3D vision kit, and you paid for this display which bundles with TriDef 3D.

You should be able to use both software! I am still upset at Nvidia for making it so difficult for us!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  17. el badman

el badman Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 660Ti 2GB
    I agree that Nvidia certainly didn't make this particularly easy for users, it's still quite disconcerting to see the measly selection of 3D vision-supported monitors on their website, when you know how many quality 3D monitors there are out there these days.
    Appreciate all the help in any case, I'll keep messing around with the settings. I have other Samsung 3D glasses (the 5100GB) that came with my TV and seem to work slightly better than the 4100GB when using 2D->3D conversion, but it's obviously a far cry from 3D should look like, and not that much different from using the standard 120Hz mode overall, so I'm really hoping I can somehow make use of that 3D Vision kit...

18. joefro21

joefro21 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 ftw sli
    Okay, mine work. Work quite well except every 30 seconds or so, the glasses flip r/l and continue to do so in 30 sec loops. What can I do? Glasses are model ssg-m3050gb, should I buy new ones or are they getting a signal to switch eyes from the monitor? any help would be appreciated. Oh, and the monitor is samsung syncmaster s23a700d.

19. texhonolize

texhonolize Guest

GPU:
    same prob

Anyone have a fix for this yet?