FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yes but apparently the host only gets to "keep" the progress. Like unlocked towers for example. I haven't tried Co-op out yet but that is what I have read.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The fur seems to be broken for some animals indeed.We should wait for the new 1.04 to be released.

3. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Thanx... I will look around for how to set that up.

4. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    OK, I'll try the FarCry 3 bits! In the darkness/blackness you must stay on spot until the moon or the sun rises and avoid the shadows. I died 1000 times just by falling down from the mountain or I was killed by animals that I couldn't see.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    does upping the brightness just for night time not help?

6. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Im getting sick form the low FOV with borderless screen, how i tweak de ini file FOV for borderless screen?

Edit

I have now chance my FOV to 1,2 'FOVScaleFactor="1.2"

It works great in borderless screen :banana:

With Borderless screen have not A ingame option to chance the FOV.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  7. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    Nope. On FarCry 3 bits I can see in the shadows or at night. But it's not right. We should be able to Play this right with the original FarCry 4 bits

8. oxide

oxide Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980Ti
    I was curious to see whether performance in FC4 would improve using FC3 settings, seeing as its the same engine just with a few additional settings like fur etc. So I replaced the gamerprofile.xml from FC3 and dropped it into the FC4 folder equivalent. Low and behold I got superior performance, and this is with my settings in FC3 set at ultra. It also fixed the mouse acceleration issue.

The downside is the FC3 profile doesn't have the extra settings like fur, trees, etc. So I decided to create my own hybrid gamerprofile.xml. Seems to work well. I get additional performance and its not placebo.

here are my settings:

PHP:
    <GamerProfile>
        <
    SoundProfile MusicEnabled="1" MasterVolume="100" Language="english" />
        <
    ProfileSpecificGameProfile Sensitivity="1" MouseAcceleration="1" MouseAccelerationOn="0" MouseInvert_y="0" MouseInvert_y_Flying="0" MouseLookSensitivity="4.17232" Invert_x="0" Invert_y="0" Invert_y_Flying="1" Swap_Triggers="0" Flip_Triggers="0" InvertSticks="0" DefaultFlickFireDirection_y="0" ControllerLayoutVehicle="0" ControllerLayoutBuzzer="0" UseMouseSmooth="0" Smoothness="1" Smoothness_Ironsight="1" HelpCrosshair="0" Gamepad_vibration="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" SubtitlesLanguage="invalid_language" TaggingEnabled="0" WikiUpdatedEnabled="1" CollectibleUpdatedEnabled="0" TutorialUpdatedEnabled="0" ObjectiveReminderEnabled="0" CraftingTipsEnabled="0" DisplayXPEnabled="0" DetectionIndicatorEnabled="0" HitIndicatorEnabled="0" ExplosiveIndicatorEnabled="1" MapIndicatorEnabled="0" HealthIndicatorEnabled="0" CrouchIndicatorEnabled="0" KarmaIndicatorEnabled="0" AmmoIndicatorEnabled="0" MinimapOpacity="3" LootReadoutEnabled="0" CoopPartnerIndicatorEnabled="0" UseAmbx="0" GamepadFeedbackLayout="0" Autosave="1" Machete="0" DrivingAssistEnabled="0" DifficultyLevel="1" IronsightToggleMode="1" ShowPVPTips="0" ShowPVPTimer="0" ShowPVPScorebar="0" ShowPVPPlayerTags="0" ShowPVPObituaryMessages="0" ShowPVPNotifications="0" ShowPVPMasterVoiceToggle="0" ShowPVPFactionPowerUpIcons="0" ShowPVPPlayerNames="0" PlayPVPIntroVideo="0" HasVisitedCoopMenu="0" SelectedLanguage="english" Coop_Friends_Only="0" DrivingAutoAimEnabled="1">
            <
    FireConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
            <
    CompressedClasses />
            <
    Statistics>
                <
    Stat Value="0" />
                <
    Stat Value="0" />
                <
    Stat Value="0" />
                <
    Stat Value="0" />
                <
    Stat Value="0" />
                <
    Stat Value="0" />
                <
    Stat Value="0" />
                <
    Stat Value="0" />
                <
    Stat Value="0" />
            </
    Statistics>
        </
    ProfileSpecificGameProfile>
        <
    RenderProfile AntiAliasingMode="0" MSAALevel="2" UseTrippleBuffering="1" VSyncMode="1" UseMotionBlur="1" SDSM="1" SSAOLevel="2" EnableNvidiaPCSS="1" GodRaysLevel="1" FurLevel="1" TreeTessellationLevel="1" Version="1" AlphaToCoverage="1" ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" Quality="ultrahigh" QualityEditor="editor_ps3" Fullscreen="1" Borderless="0" UseD3D11="1" D3D11MultithreadedRendering="1" WidescreenLetterbox="0" UseWidescreenFOV="1" FOVScaleFactor="0.997408" AspectRatio="4" VSync="0" VSyncWindow="0" RefreshRate="0" DisableLoadingMip0="0" GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1" ShowFPS="1" Brightness="1" Contrast="1" CalibrationScreensShown="0" GammaRamp="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1" SafeFrameAreaWidth="0.85" SafeFrameAreaHeight="0.85">
            <
    CustomQuality>
                <
    quality ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" OtherQuality="high" EnvironmentQuality="high" AntiPortalQuality="high" PortalQuality="high" PostFxQuality="high" TextureQuality="high" WaterQuality="high" DepthPassQuality="high" VegetationQuality="high" TerrainQuality="high" GeometryQuality="high" LightingQuality="high" ShadowQuality="high" ShadowCinematicQuality="high" EditorQuality="default" Hdr="1" HdrFP32="1" ReflectionHdr="1" EnableVertexBinding="1" id="custom" />
            </
    CustomQuality>
        </
    RenderProfile>
        <
    NetworkProfile VoiceChatEnabled="1" CustomMapMaxUploadRateInBitsOnline="10240000" OnlineEnginePort="9000" OnlineServicePort="9001" FileTransferHostPort="9002" FileTransferClientPort="9003" LanHostBroadcastPort="9004" LanClientBroadcastPort="9005" ScanFreePorts="1" ScanPortRange="1000" ScanPortStart="9000" SessionProvider="" MaxUploadInbpsOnline="10240000">
            <
    Accounts />
        </
    NetworkProfile>
        <
    GameProfile />
        <
    RealTreeProfile Quality="Ultra" />
        <
    EngineProfile>
            <
    PhysicConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
            <
    QcConfig GatherFPS="1" GatherAICnt="1" GatherDialogs="0" IsQcTester="0" />
            <
    InputConfig />
            <
    ZoneConfig />
        </
    EngineProfile>
    </
    GamerProfile>
    if you set the gamerprofile to read only after tweaking, the game will crash if you attempt to change settings. So best to get the way you want before thinking of doing that.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, I just tried the " DisableLoadingMip" tweak.
    And while people are right in that it does lower the texture quality a bit, I still find it a preferable move over dropping Texture detail to Medium.

Changing the in game Texture setting to medium disables tessellation on specific items like stone walls, sheet metal buildings... it also disables/lowers specular mapping. Taking the shine off of metal objects as they reflect light.

Changing DisableLoadingMip to 1 keeps the specular mapping and tessellation while only slightly lower the texture quality. Personally, I find it the better of the two options.

10. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    At the end of the day we shouldn't need to do these things. It's quite pathetic tbh.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    As if people haven't been doing these kind of tweaks to PC games for years and years.

Yes, the stuttering should be fixed. There's no denying that.
    But, fact is people would still be tweaking and messing around with ini/cfg file settings even if the stuttering wasn't there.

12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Messing around and tweaking settings for exploration of things is fine.

I am not saying folks shouldn't be doing that. I am saying its 2014 and we should not have to do these things to "fix" a game.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Sorry, but just because it's 2014 doesn't mean poorly coded or unoptimized games won't still get released.
    It'll be 2020 and games will still come out with issues and performance problems. Just because tech has gotten better doesn't change how some things are done.

These are the same things people were saying in 2006 when Dark Messiah was released. "It's 2006, releases like this shouldn't happen anymore!"... it's going to happen.
    No matter what year. No matter how good tech is.

Not saying it's acceptable, or how things should happen... but, simple fact is it will continue to happen.
    I mean look at Bethesda.
    Wolf: TNO comes out this year, performs great, looks great... awesome game.

The Evil Within comes out this year, performance issues.... no matter what hardware.

14. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    this game is ****ed beyond belief, i don't think they'll ever fix it

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No, AC:Unity is screwed beyond belief. FC4 other then the stuttering is actually pretty damn solid.

16. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Game is running flawlessly on my rig. 1920x1080 on ultra settings. Looks and plays great.

Initially had occasional freeze issues, but the latest nvidia drivers cleared that up.

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Here's how may game looks like now with Oxide's custom profile. getting 30-45fps or more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If it worked for me I'm confident it will work for someone else out there.

19. Dantrfc

Dantrfc Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming 8GB
    the last 3 ubisoft games ive bought have had bad optimization...

watch dogs
    ac unity
    now far cry 4

i might aswell say the division and rainbow six will be next on that list.

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The best thing Oxide's profile did aside from making the game look stunning and run better was completely disabling the hud. Never expected it would make as much difference as it does but wow. Starting to actually enjoy the game at long last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.