[Watch Dogs] What mod is this?

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ChiefCat, Nov 22, 2014.

1. ChiefCat

ChiefCat Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 750M
    Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place or something.

Anyway I recorded this one guy using a mod or something, and I'm wondering what it is cause I've never seen anything like this before

youtube .com/watch?v=0mq6aTGiqwQ there's the link to the video.

EDIT: He also spawned a helicopter imgur. com/3ScOhcF and here's a closeup of his gun imgur. com/7OWTJNO

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  2. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    wow, i think its a mod made by user in this forum called CobraCommander ;-)

heused the sspidertan. weopons for aiden... great

3. ChiefCat

ChiefCat Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 750M
    Oh he used the spider tank guns? I wondered what that was, is there currently any way to get this mod?

4. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Can someone please leave the weapons.lib with these modifications?
    I have tried to modify the xmls myself, but to no avail i was unsuccessful.

5. ChiefCat

ChiefCat Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 750M
    I also want it

6. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    is it possible for someone to redirect us to the page where the weapons.lib and the helicopter mod? I really want to use these :D

7. ChiefCat

ChiefCat Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 750M
    Same :D

8. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    Well, I can definitely say that isn't me. LOL. I messed around with the gatling in single player, but couldn't figure out to make it look like it lined up with his arm.

From what I can see, they're all in the driver's multiplayer session and the driver has forced the Aiden skin and the shooter has a custom "Madness" cop skin applied too... I was just searching on how to do that.

If we're truly in the driver's game, what is interesting is that they further modified the items so that other players can see the alternate weapon, but from what I can tell, they used a shotgun as a placeholder.

When swapping out the one variable in the xml for the "destination" weapon with the same variable from the desired one, in MP other people see AND hear the original gun. In my case I tried to see if Jordi's sniper rifle with the suppressor showed up in a private session, but it did not. Also, when I fired the weapon, it didn't cause a crowd reaction, but the gunshot noise was the un-silenced SR-25.

I've been looking for a proper map to actually add weapons to the game, but that guy might have just swapped out the guts of an XML file for a shotgun rather than re-pointing one weapon at another... Interesting.

9. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    Oh and one more thing...

I was doing the "gun swap" method I learned here for a while, but the only one I still use for single player is the Jordi sniper one. After a while I just found it easier to modify the weapons stats in the xml files inside weapon.lib...

For example, to change the SMG-11 into the gatling gun from SpiderTank, you really only need to change a few variables in the unpacked xml, but leave the skins and other things alone so they don't look really weird.

Weird thing is, the SMG-11 and the gatling have the same rate of fire, but a different binhex for the bullet item and the gatling has a zero setting for the PrecisionSpreadAngle (if I recall correctly)... The sound is either tied to the projectile or somewhere in there... I wish Ubi would just give up the damn keys to the kingdom as reparations for neutering the damn graphics.

I usually stay away from creating "god guns" because they really suck the life out of the game, but when I played with the gatling gun, it was fun to shred the cops for a while. I'll be damned if there isn't always ONE left... That's the best I ever did before the next cop car came...

I'm tweaking a custom weapons pack that I've been using to shred my way through single player on Realistic. I've made the SpecOps Vector very accurate, but there is a slight recoil and I increased the firing rate.

I also have my "long range street sweeper" which is really OP, but it is a variant of the Piledriver that I used the settings of the M107 destroyer (including range and accuracy) and applied it to a shotgun. It is automatic, still has a kick, but instead of (I think) 15 pellets per round, I cranked it to 45 and increased the spread angle just slightly.

I am going to reduce the spread, but imagine a Destroyer shotgun, but without a scope.

I personally love the ninja stealth missions, so all I did to the 1911 was increase the range and accuracy. I was the headshot king with that gun already, but at least now I can obtain a bit more range out of it... Not too much.

I tried goofing around with the "Anti-Tank" (missile launcher) from Spidertank, but it is just an M107 with a different projectile and a really crappy reload I can't seem to get around. It was stupid and a slight tweak to a grenade launcher and it becomes a missile launcher by shortening the impact delay time and removing the need for an arc. That's the fun of the grenade launcher, so I put it back to normal.

However, I want to find out more about ALL the variables inside the item and weapon xml files to not only create new weapons, but there are some interesting XML files in there like "1911 with light" and others that seem to be part of the BadBlood DLC, but maybe they are for something later? I would assume that they are weapon variants that just have flashlights on them, but not sure.

I tried to use the "swap" method with one of them and it didn't show for Aiden, but under T-Bone, it was just a normal 1911 with a slightly different color. Same thing with the "SpecOps M107" which I thought was going to be the holy grail of silenced sniper weapons, but that didn't produce anything but a black, normal M107 and so my quest to find out what makes a weapon "silenced" continues.

I've been modding games on the content side for ages and aside from GTA4 and Fallout3, this is the only game in a while that I really wanted to crack open. Lot more potential than Ubi even bothered with inside their own game, but it looks like either they have plans in the future or a bunch of **** got cut.

10. ChiefCat

ChiefCat Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 750M
    It will be awesome if you could remake this mod at some point when you figure out how :D

11. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I met someone with patch files with all these mods, i am going see if he will be kind enough to give them to me, Will update whether he gives or not.

12. ChiefCat

ChiefCat Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 750M
    Sounds good, hopefully he does.

13. zombkiller

zombkiller Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 690
    Yep...

14. ChiefCat

ChiefCat Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 750M
    Soo... Any luck?

15. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Sadly, no. The guy said that "it is not up to me" and that i would have to ask the "team" that made it. He does not even know how to properly mod the game either, so i am guessing that this "team" must have gave him a link to download such a mod. The thing is, he forgot what this "team" was and forgot the names of the people in it, go figure, right?
    I think until someone feels up to doing this themselves or if this "team" will come out and give away this mod, we won't have it...

16. ChiefCat

ChiefCat Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 750M
    So he's saying that you have to ask the "team" but he forgot what the "team" was? That's not really that helpful lol. It's a shame though, maybe someone will remake it, it would be a good Christmas gift to all of us that play watch dogs.

17. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    At least it means that there's still some communities figuring out the modding on the game outside of guru3d, so that's a plus

18. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    yes, that is a plus but... We do not even know who made these mods... There was someone who was working on the helicopter spawning in the centralized thread but then he just stopped, maybe he was part of this team? Not like we can contact him though since he has been offline since august, also, CobraCommander was our closest bet to getting something close to this, but it seems that right after i messaged him, he said " will try to upload it soon". Obviously he has not since he has been offline since that message.... this is getting annoying, i don't see why this is such a hard thing to give, just a game man, just a game.... :mad: