AMD Catalyst 14.11.2 BETA (14.301.1013.0 November 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 18, 2014.

1. tiganho

tiganho Guest

GPU:
    HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 256BITS
    crashes in far cry 4 decreased, and fps rose 20%

2. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    + 1,000,000,000

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Crashes? OS, game? A crashing game could be a bad CPU/GPU under/overclock, or just poor game coding.

4. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Most of games crashes can be fixed by starting them in elevated mode, it especially applies to ubisoft's games which is indeed caused by poor coding.

Detailed and universal instruction how to do this is described here at bottom of the page:
    http://pcgamingfaq.net/winginst.php

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah i had lots of driver crashes in Far Cry 4 when my card is OC'd.

Even lowered my clocks and still didn't worked, while other games had no issues.

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I think it depends how stressful the game is.

7. achahin

achahin Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT 2G
    Guys, I've 7690 M XT and I don't see it in the supported list, can I install this driver or not?

8. AnthonX

AnthonX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6970 2GB
    Same thing here....game still stutters like a geriatric having a fit!!
    It's so bad that I read on one website they advised gamers with AMD cards not to buy the game UNTIL UBISOFT fixes the problem.
    I was hoping to see "amd is currently working with ubisoft to resolve this issue" until then, I guess I'll be playing Far Cry 4ucked!

9. robsonbyte

robsonbyte Member

GPU:
    2X7970 / 3GB
    I believe that there will be support for multi-gpu AMD. Only players with NVIDIA cards may use two or more graphics cards without problems.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Still no word on Mouse Acceleration being broken feels like I am controlling a drunk person even with a mouse or controller.

No word on the horrid stutter the game has with or without vsync.

No word on how driving fast makes the games fps spike down then up again?

Sure AMD may have higher fps in this game but the game it self is broken and unplayable.

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Locking the FPS to 50 helped me with stutter, it doesn't remove it completely and driving under stress (being chased) is terrible :)

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Mate I have locked the fps to 30, 35, 45, 50, 60, and had it unlocked and it still has stutter. Used RTSS to cap, also tried using Dxtory to cap and still the same thing. I have tried Vsync on/off triple buffering on/off, and even the built in 30fps cap (sparse I think its called) even capping to 30fps the controls feel like its in slow motion and still when running around (not even driving) I get random spikes in fps at 30fps it spikes down to 26fps for a few milliseconds and back up again to load in new areas.

I have the game on Ultra 1080p SMAA and I have even tried it at stock "default" settings where it sets the options to high and whilst it does improve it still has dips from 60fps to 50fps when driving and running for a long periods and also driving sinks as low as 35fps.

These spikes in fps is total unacceptable, the game barely uses GPU as well. On Ultra is 99% and dips to around 70% in areas. High settings and the capped to 60fps it only uses 30% GPU.

Not even my CPU is being used to the max, it never hits 50C when playing this game and never exceeds 80% load and only on 3 cores.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Ubisoft games are the only ones I don't play, just spend hours trying to find the right settings. Even on Low settings my FPS drops below 40 (when locked to 40) that causes the stutter. The game, to me, is unplayable.

14. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Try this
    In GamerProfile.xml change this settings:

MouseAcceleration="0" MouseAccelerationOn="0"UseMouseSmooth="0" Smoothness="0" Smoothness_Ironsight="0"
    and
    DisableLoadingMip0="1" GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1" ShowFPS="60"

Although it not eliminate 100% of problems it make the frame much more stable for me.

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    DisableLoadingMip0="1" GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1" ShowFPS="60" do absolutely nothing for me, the only improvement is locking FPS below 60, nothing else helps.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    doesn't help, controls still feel awkward and the game still stutters like crazy in parts.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Driving is crazy. The quad bike going down hill jumps down to 20FPS (even on low). I guess the testers were even blind or only tested 1 configuration. Terrible game.

18. omagic

omagic Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 1080
    Thats odd... I have this bad stutter when driving but FPS doesnt go below 50...

I installed the game on a classic HDD 7200RPM and I wonder if SSD would help...

19. TheDude22

TheDude22 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7950 @ 1200/1600
    Far Cry 4 stutter fix for me was to go to gamerprofile and change these two settings:
    GpuMaxBufferdFrames from "0" to "1" and
    AlphatoCoverage from "1" to "0"

I remember my card didnt like alpha to coverage in far cry 3 either but they had an option for it in the menu. I dont know why they forced it on this time with no option to turn it off in menu. All it does is add anti-aliasing to the grass and leaves but you'd be hard pressed to tell a difference. Anyway it runs stupid good now. I recommend turning off all mouse smoothing setting as well ;)

20. tiganho

tiganho Guest

GPU:
    HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 256BITS
    looks a little funny, but after I installed this last driver 14.11.2 19nov. my wallpaper. after opening any program that uses the video card looks like. appears only above a part of the photo
    http://prntscr.com/58youf