Ubisoft Taunts Software pirates with missing FOV control in Far Cry 4

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    And thats why i rarely pre order these days. Games are overpriced buggy mess on the launch, but they get cheaper and patched eventually. And like most of the people, i haven't played half of the games in my Steam library lol.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I may have said the before but argument by analogy is the lowest form of loicL reasoning.

Before you know it someone will come up with the Chewbacca defense ;)

3. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    It's easy to fix anyway so no big deal

4. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Aye, the only games I find myself preordering these days are LEs; and only if I'm really interested, ie. Homeworld: Remastered.

5. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    OMG What a bunch of liars Ubisoft are. I d/l the pirated version early because i had a Pick Your Path Key. That i have now re-deemed. This is all lies.

Patched it out my arse. lol Do they not think this is a really stupid idea to say these things. Surely it can only hurt them in the long run.

I just think this is a diverting tactic because their games are pre Alpha on release it seems.

6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Pirates are scumbags and there is no argument! You don't steal a game because there is no demo,you fricken idiots! Companies absolutely should put out a demo of the game before hand like in the prime of real gaming. You used to get demo's all the time in the 90's and early 00's. If your that confident that your game is going to be that good,put a freaking demo out. Farcry 4 is sh*t and I knew it would be!
    If the police could tract you idiots pirates out there,how many would be doing it? You do it because you can. There might be a small handful of guys that do it,like the game and buy it,but most don't. Is pirating legal? No its not,so you have zero argument,NONE! Steal a car and when the cops catch you,tell him you were just test driving it because you hear onstar sucked on this new Cadillac. So you decided that you were going to just drive it for free,because you don't like GM.. Pirates,dumbest MF's ever! Its just like anything else..When there is something fun,like games or anything else,you can always counts on a group of pecker heads to f*ck it up for everyone else. If it wasn't for piracy,companies wouldn't need to put DRM on a game..period! I hope these. Fkn pirates get caught and do jail time! Just because you can do it,doesn't mean you do it!

7. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    What's more, you have to be online when installing/running game for the first time, just like in Steam.
    Patch could be downloaded during activation, so it would be impossible to play without it.

Yep, one of the reasons I switched to consoles last gen.
    Sadly, much of the PC community are scumbags and thieves.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  8. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Its funny how these pirate scumbags defend themselves. This will end it right here.Take your pirate a*s down to the nearest anti piracy agency,tell them you pirated FC4 show them how you did it and see how much Fkn jail time you get! And if you are pirating a game,don't be stupid enough to talk about it.. Fools!

9. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Even if this game was released bug free it would still be a sub-par game. In my opinion it ceased being a computer game in the true sense of the word after FC2.

10. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I agree with any measures against pirated software and users of pirated software as long as it does not effect legal owners of the same software. I do wish they would bring back demos of games so you can test the game before you buy.

I don't mind uplay would be easier if everything was in steam but shock horror nothing in life is easy. Speaking of easy better go and cook the dinner.

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Fixed it for you.. ;)

12. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    What's funny,I remember the outcry against Steam,when they were talking about implementing that. Guys crying about how they won't have a backup of the game like with a physical copy. Now steam is the norm and most like myself swear by it. Then comes along Origin and the same outcry. WTF is wrong with people,EA has a right to use their own downloading system,its called competition. It affects nothing. I personally could care less as long as it works. Which it does. I do understand the issue about keeping all your games in one area,but I think you can map those games to steam also. Razer now has their own system of organizing your games,I don't know much about it. Could be good or not useful at all. I just don't understand how people think steam was going to dominate forever. I'm just surprised these companies haven't come out with something to compete with steam sooner.

13. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Well i don't mind Uplay i have all assassins creed games on it and far cry games plus more, however i would like to have all my games in the same place ,eg steam, but it makes no difference to me really ,
    what does matter is the sorry state that games are released in these days, this in itself will cause more piracy as the consumer can't trust the game companies anymore that there product is playable and worth the money they're spending and with no demo available that leaves only one option . Piracy will always happen and the software companies will never be able to stop it while there is a free and open internet.
    They may be able to reduce piracy by releasing games that actual work and creating and good name for themselves .

14. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    well... i don't care about FOV.. because i don't see FOV even in my real life.. because i'm a pirate and i use an eye patch... :banana:

i think that if you can buy the game just do it... unless you live in Venezuela...

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    EA is also hated by alot people, besides EA has released games not ready to be release ALOT lately and UBISOFT been dong alot of the same.

How ever annoying steam might been in the beginning ORIGiN is far worse. I refused to put that on pc as result any PC game i would buy that is EA which rare seeing i just dont buy there game anymore for reason. I just wont buy.

Was gona get Dragon age 2 but it only on origin, so i just not buying the game now.

But back on topic of UBISOFT do we even believe the words out of there mouth anymore? it been less then month since UBISOFT BLAMED all the problems of AC:U on AMD HW. A game made specifically of consoles that are all AMD never mind the fact the PC version suffer from same issue. and arnt AMD locked.

UBIsoft blame there lack QA/TESTING on anyone but them selves. Besides the people that got the game legitly that couldnt connect to get the day 1 "patch" had same issue. Games are released BEFORE there actual done these days which everyone not in denial can see.

And these Early access programs that we have we have to "pay" to access are nothing more then us being the Q/A testers. Because less face it they know they dont Q/A games these days like they use to so now they have use doing while paying them.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014

16. mohsentux

mohsentux Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 9500 GT 1GB
    wow!! the lengths we go to just to make each other miserable :stewpid:

reminds me of the song Shiver by Lucy Rose

17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    tsunami I hear ya. This happens because they aren't looking at the game itself,they are looking at their bottom line and want to get the game out before the end of the quarter. Its all big business now. No innovation or quality. It was far worse in the 90's. Games got pushed back all the time. I can't even believe how many times Mechwarrior 2 got pushed back. But when it was out,it was polished and one of the most fun games I ever played. That's when Activision cared. They had so many good games back then. Battlezone was one of my favorites also. Just so fun to play. I wish people would boycott COD like you do EA.. Maybe they would try to innovate and create a better game. Not just rehashed sh*t..

18. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    One wonders why people use the "you wouldn't steal a car" argument against piracy; most people would steal a car if they knew they could get away with it and there was no visible negative result of their miss-deed.

Digital piracy would lead to some real interesting discussions from the old philosophers, hell it probably would back up a lot of their ideas.

19. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Like ppl that crack games can't edit a simple config file.. yeah...

20. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    well just out of interest i've just checked the download sites that the majority use to obtain there piracy copies and there seems to be the latest patch available that will include the so called FOV slider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.