SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty McFly

Marty McFly Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 2048MB
    @CeeJay.dk: I can provide you bloom and lensdistort ( in combination with chromatic abberation as different lens distort levels for each color channel) as well as a completely own DOF shader. The latter can be put into singlepass if needed. For sin city effect, I have a really really nice one from prod80 I have permissions for, you select the hue you want to keep saturated, and the more a pixel color's hue differs from the selected hue, the more it gets desaturated (selectable hue range and curve and all that stuff). Way smoother than the cutting off solution that is around the internet.
    Tomorrow I'll post the include files of the named effects in style of the current SweetFX myshader.h shaderfiles, hope you can use them.

2. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Over in the ENB forums ENB-Boris can't believe Crosire actually made a generic solution to get a working depth buffer in most games. He thinks it's too good to be true. I think that's hilarious *lol* .. and in a round-about way also high praise for Crosires skills.

I guess he will just have to wait and see :)

In other news Crosire and I discussed the signed shaders idea today and Crosire made a proof of concept idea that I'm currently trying to think of ways to get around. If I can get around it so can someone else.
    So far the implementation looks sound, but there are a couple of potential problems we need to address and then we need to add encryption to that.

3. Lushfa

Lushfa Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1280
    Unfortunately not, I have no experience with OGL dev. GEMFX was mainly created to have an option for Win8.1/DX11.2 users. I will however try to finish the dx9 version during the weekend :)
    Once reShade is done and if it is really as powerful and convinient (as I believe after using eFX for a long time), I will try to port all the things to reShade (if not already implemented).

Haha, when I first read your post I thought his reaction was sort of "oh wow, I cannot believe it! That would be awesome!". However, it was actually the opposite :p From my own experience I strongly believe it is possible and I think the real problem is what you guys are already trying to address, its safety.

4. angellman

angellman Guest

:angel::angel:OK,thanks for the response! We're still a hope ...

5. angellman

angellman Guest

OK,thanks for the response! We're still a hope

6. Lushfa

Lushfa Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1280
    Would you try with GEMFX, since I just released 64bit support? I am eager to know if it works...You can also deactivate all GEM shaders and only use SweetFX if you wish :p
    I wish I could try it myself -_- but only have a crappy notebook at the moment.

7. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Yes. I can and I did just because you asked (I jest, was going to anyway =p)

http://i.imgur.com/WAlH296.png

I tried three times, as it was, only the last box checked, the one that reads 64bit. Then, checked the By-pass UI and the ran the game, didn't work, tried By-pass UI and AA, also didn't work.

Perhaps I did something wrong?

Just to make sure, SFX worked, bu tthe one with Butulossaur's modded and under DX11.

I tried GEM in DX11 too, of course. But I got this log that you can see in the link. Perhaps it will help? Should I try something else?

EDIT: As of today, I am using W8.1

EDIT 2: Origin's overlay was turned off and I had no other overlays at the time. Also, the game was in borderless windowed mode.
    (I had to do that in order to take screnshot while playing with Mantle and using Greenshot to screencap the entire screen, so these options remained while trying GEM in DX11).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  8. Lushfa

Lushfa Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1280
    Nice complete information in that picture. Like it :)
    Why there is no GEMFX_Readme.txt in your folder? That is a prequisite (because it includes the Credits to fellow devs). I hope you just did not unpack it and not that I missed it ... anyway ... unpack the file there too or just create one yourself :)

I am almost sure UI-By-Pass will not work but you are free to try.

9. Marty McFly

Marty McFly Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 2048MB
    How about an own thread for GEMFX? You're kinda hijacking this one ... I know you posted it because of the SweetFX implementation but bugfixing etc can be done elsewhere. :bounce:

10. Lushfa

Lushfa Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1280
    You do realize that it is exactly what I wrote a few posts before?! I posted the link to the GEMFX host @ TWC right from the start which was prepared with all kinds of threads (including technical support) and even the option to create new ones. Since people still ask their question here instead of the dedicated thread at TWC, I only answer them politely, dont see where this is ME hijacking this thread?!

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    how do i point out my game's location in GEMFX ?!

12. Marty McFly

Marty McFly Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 2048MB
    Uhh chill out, didn't read that one. I'm pretty blasted from a cold, please don't judge me so sharply.

@T: nice, hazy bloom:

[​IMG]

13. Lushfa

Lushfa Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1280
    Just target the folder where your game's binar can be found. The dxgi.dll should typically be next to the game's executable file (just like in SweetFX). I want to kindly ask again to post questions about GEMFX in the related TWC thread (same link as the download) since I also agree it is distracting from SweetFX and also might get some people uncomftable. :)

Hmmmm...............

I cannot find any judgement in my last reply and also did not intend to put any in it .oO
    The only judgement I gave you in a previous reply was this::
    On the contrary
    seems pretty jundgemental to me.

Without saying you meant it here but "Uhh chill out" is also often used to provoke a fight which I really dont intend to get into here.

Since you have problem with a cold, I guess fever can get people a little more tempered :), so I understand and wish your health gets better soon!

EDIT:: on topic; nice intense bloom :)

14. Marty McFly

Marty McFly Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 2048MB
    The last thing I wanted to cause is trouble and that's what I apparently did; should've read the thread more carefully. Anyways, slightly altered bloom algorithm gives people what can be seen on the picture below.

Would REALLY benefit from forced HDR rendering since you can very easily get banding artifacts, LDR range is just not enough. Can be used together with bloom, they don't interfere with each other since I put anamflare into bloom alpha channel whose blurring is 100% same like bloom except for the last step, a H/V gaussian blur where it's H/H blur for bloom alpha. Since it goes alongside bloom using both means no additional calculating power which is in my eyes a huge plus.

[​IMG]

GTA V next gen anamflares in other games? Check.
    [​IMG]

15. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    DX9 only?
    Would it be possible to add force triple buffering to DX 10/11 games?
    By the way, that list is very impressive.
    I cant wait to use Reshade.

16. Marty McFly

Marty McFly Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 2048MB
    I don't know but since Crosire wants to make everything available on every DX version and OpenGL etc I guess it's either
    already done for everything except DX9,
    native in everything except DX9 or
    impossible for everything except DX9.

17. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    I dont think it is impossible in DX10/11, D3DOverrider does it but only in 32 bit games. RadeonPro also does it.

18. Marty McFly

Marty McFly Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 2048MB
    I just summed up the logical possibilities the statement allows. Then it's either native or already done in everything except DX9.

19. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780Ti
    HI.

Iam using SweetFX quite some time now, but iam not able to take screenshots with it. I have searched every map on my c: Drive and E: drive (gameSSD). Is there something i can manually add to save screenshots?

Because of the SweetFX the uplay gameshots are useless now (their empty). Currently iam playing Farcry 4.

edit: i do notice some weird DDS files in my FarCry4 directory... but i cant open it.

anyone a good hint?

thanks!

20. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    I really hope it's the last one. Since D3DOverrider and RadeonPro are no longer getting developed, and not all games use Triple Buffering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.