Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Maybe they didn't need to open dialog AFTER the game release. Before it's much better, you know. Open betas and ****.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Nobody is saying that they shouldn't have done a better job before release.

But, they are openly owning up to the shoddy release and going to great strides to not only improve the game, but keep an open dialog with the players.

How many other publishers do such things?
    How open has Bethesda been with users after The Evil Within's release? Or, how open were Activision with people last year when CoD: Ghosts came out?

Ubisoft messed up, nobody is denying that. But, perhaps we give them the credit they deserve to stepping up and doing the best to make things right.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Damien, just stop. Your one man crusade against an entire internet of Ubisoft "haters" isn't going to succeed. Not to mention you're arguing from the wrong podium. It's fine they're trying to bandaid the game after the fact, but if they had given the developers adequate time to begin with, it would have never been necessary. You can't deny that people who bought the game on day 1 deserve to be angry at Ubisoft for delivering a broken game. It's no different from going to a restaurant, ordering a meal, and having them completely screw up the order. You're then stuck waiting for them to cook a new one and correct it. Would you ever visit that restaurant again to "be fair"? I know I wouldn't. I get that this is an "industry standard" as of late, but if people simply voted with their wallets, it would change real quick.

I truly do get where you're coming from though, given that the chances of people actually voting with their wallets instead of buying the games anyway and complaining is literally 0. Making the best of a bad situation is fine, but there's no reason to go off on everyone who posts "ubisoft is bad" in some fashion. It's a waste of effort and thread space. Just ignore it.

4. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    In my case, even worse. I paid for my plate, and they don't even serve. Now waiting forever, HOPEFULLY, they would serve me eventually. All because their useless UPLAY.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't care if people want to hate Ubisoft... fine, hate them.

I hate Bethesda. And Activision. A lot.

And it's perfectly fine to hate on them for releasing a broken game, a shoddy game... they have a history of it.
    And their customer service used to be absolutely awful. Have I ever said people that are upset because the game was busted on day one couldn't be upset?
    No. They are more then justified to be so.

But, when they are taking steps to fix the issues. They are owning up to and admitting the issues... it comes across as almost childish to hate them for it just because "it's Ubisoft".
    I've been pissed at a developer/publisher before... but can still admit when they made it right, or took steps to make it right.

Yes, it would have been best if it had been released in the best condition possible. But, Ubisoft are not the only publisher who does this. And sorry if I find it a bit tired as it seems this is the year to just be "Ubisoft sucks because it's Ubisoft!"

7. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    No, they don't get to get away with it or lessen the issue by just stating the obvious. They did not fix anything, and this concerns every publisher out there. i can't think of any industry or service business which can get away with so much BS accumulated over the years and still make money. no one should feel grateful for something they should be getting in the first place.

hell I have seen more integrity from telecom companies.
    but in the end the blame is on us, fool us once, shame on us... but feel free to fool us anytime you want.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ubisoft do not suck because "Ubisoft"

Ubisoft has started to suck lately because it is selling products that do not function correctly.

9. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    ^ Bingo!

I have nothing against Ubisoft or UPlay etc if it work, but that thing just don't. Useless overhead crap. They should just stick with Steam. Origin, at least, it work, so no complaint there. UPlay, that retard thing can't even update it own company game. Now, all time low, it can't even keep track of what game I owned. :bang:

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    omg PLEASE

People pay their good money expecting to be able to play a game that is INCOMPLETE at release. I don't care if other devs do this as well, this thread is not about other devs and their games, its about Ubi's game so stop deflecting and listen to reason.

They didn't charge people 1/2 or 3/4 of the full game price, they charged full price, and people didn't get a full priced game. Simple as that.

Calling Ubi out for a) this horrid release and its litany of problems, b) their unwillingness to take responsibility and instead point the finger at others, and c) prevent sites from releasing reviews ahead of release so that consumers would go out and spend $ on their product with less idea of its state, is completely justified.
    The fact that you find it childish is your interpretation, however I find it to be illogical. People are pissed and they should be.. they can react however they wish.

You tired of reading how Ubi is getting lambasted? Gamers are tired of being viewed as an ATM for these companies and will give flack where its deserved. Ubi deserves ALL of the flack its getting. Deal with it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

11. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Hey, we all know this game as Watch Dogs, Far cry 4,and the vast majority of games that come out from now mandatory absolute support sli to get the results that PC gamers want ie 60 fps constant with a minimum resolution of 1080p and a good relationship of graphics options,until Nvidia, AMD and game developers do not mess this in mind we will be swallowing **** lifetime.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    forum full of kids the hell do i care.
    i won't even visit fc4 thread cause al the hate.
    wow.
    enjoy your night, kids.

13. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    They always fix AC games, it just takes them a while. I couldn't max out AC3 with good fps until 4 months after launch, Black Flag about 3 months. I'm waiting for Patch 4 which will hopefully add Tessellation and LOD fix.

14. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Yeah me too , i've stopped playing now and will wait for the next patch .

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There were probably a few reasons why Ubisoft used to delay the PC version 3-4 months, and it looks like not finishing them on time is one of them.

They really need to go back to just delaying the PC version, it's understandable and acceptable that the PC version would take longer as there is no fixed hardware to optimise for, what is isn't acceptable is taking the money they asking people to wait 3-4 months to fix things.

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    what?

17. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I don't normally agree with you, but I do here.

PC gamers would definitely be more willing to accept getting a game release months later than console if it meant that it was working and optimized.

I'm running into this with Bioware and DAI now because the whole time they claimed that they were developing with "PC in mind", and yet you have a tac cam that many find useless, pc performance that is all over the map, and overall muddy controls.
    So, certainly they said something that in the end appears to not be entirely true. This to me is very disappointing, and really, if they would have just said "we're not happy with the state of the PC version currently and wish to release a month later" I would have said awesome, can't wait.

Instead they release it and the forums quickly fill up with disappointment and frustrtation.. I just don't get why these companies don't learn.

18. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    The Companies dont "learn", cause people buy it anyways.

Its people who should learn to not support those Companies.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well it wouldn't surprise me if delaying it has more of a negative effect on sales than releasing it unfinished.
    I think people should just accept it takes longer to optimise a PC game, and not take it as a personal insult or a conspiracy when a game is delayed.

People know my opinion on not buying at all as i don't believe that sends a message, but surely delaying the purchase until it's patched does send one?

I'm sure Ubisoft mentioned more public betas, even if it's at the same time as the console versions release.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well it wouldn't surprise me if delaying it has more of a negative effect on sales than releasing it unfinished.
    I think people should just accept it takes longer to optimise a PC game, and not take it as a personal insult or a conspiracy when a game is delayed.

People know my opinion on not buying at all as i don't believe that sends a message, but surely delaying the purchase until it's patched does send one when there is a sales spike?

I'm sure Ubisoft mentioned more public betas, even if it's at the same time as the console versions release, that could help and stop people paying to do the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.