Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    The photo mode is pretty badass!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  2. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    If you mean the ones with the fist that pop up on the map and then a new mission after you free them there are actually only 24 of those missions (12 in each area). If you just mean random slaves with no icons on the map then yeh those never end.

3. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    actually your rig and Fantaskref's rig are not that much different in fact i would say yours would be better IF overclocked if it isn't already better without

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    There you have it :p

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I agree, it more or less left it open for another game.

6. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The missions that are initiated by freeing the slaves with the white first icon on the map.

I assumed those missions were never ending.

7. Killer01WS6

Killer01WS6 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970 4G SLI
    I am about to start this game soon after I finish Skyrim.. I have already heard it is no wear as eye candy as Skyrim.. but I have the HD packs for both, so I hope it looks decent.

8. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    It looks much better than skyrim but the whole gzme is divided into 2 environments that look the same within those areas. So skyrim has a lot more varied areas.

Art over graphics in skyrim.

9. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Wow you guys are right. For some reason, I thought the 580 was much better than the 660 Ti.

Well I still think the CPU performance is the culprit for my frame rates, and I'm running 1920x1200. But yea, you should probably wait then, lol.

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well I guess they're more talking about the CPU and it's clocks, since I'm not sure a 660Ti 2GB is faster than a OC'ed 3GB in today's environment.

But that doesn't change much, I guess we both can safely upgrade without much regrets about performance increases ;)

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A 1GB update just released on STEAM...

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Well i expected the game to be very awesome, but it takes too long to kill an orc head-on, and sometimes i run into 2-3 freakin captains and i don't even get the time to quickly kill an orc that's stunned..

13. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    Yeah, I remember those moments, pissed me off so much, but you can always run away, level up little more or just die.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    From the patch notes:

Added an option to expose FXAA as part of the motion blur settings.

In game VSync will now use NVIDIA’s adaptive sync when turned on. It will use NVIDIA’s Control Panel settings when turned off.

The FXAA part I'm confused about because this game had zero AA as far as I could tell on my PC until I forced FXAA in the driver per-game profile. The patch downloaded this morning and when I checked I still could not see any separate FXAA option. A PC game released without any AA support in 2014 is pretty shocking IMO. :wanker:

As for the Adaptive V-Sync thing; great (not), that's just what I was asking for a v-sync option that has screen tearing everytime the framerate dips below my monitor's refresh rate. That's how that reads anyway. Is this supposed to be the developer's fix for the drops from 60 fps to 30 fps and back because the game is double-buffered? Why not just add a triple buffer option for those of us who cannot abide screen tearing? :bang:

15. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    This patch has completely fixed SLI. It's perfect now. 1440p with everything on Ultra (incl. textures) and it's smooth as silk! For all the crap that SLI gets, it's really, really awesome when it works.

I disabled in-game vsync and enabled it in Inspector. No tearing and a solid 60 FPS.

16. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I wish i had stayed with same model gpu's as you... then i could have used ultra textures aswell *cries*

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Most 780Ti users here don't seem to have problems with them, or am I wrong guys?

18. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Depends on the resolution... at 1080p, the vram usage is sufficiently low, to allow you to use ultra textures... but at 1440p and 4k, the vram usage is more than the 3gb vram can handle, and it stutters like a mofo (especially at 4k, despite fps being 60).

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, the game's "recommendation" for vram usage is pretty much BS.
    With my 2gb card I'm running High textures and it has yet to go over 1.5gb of memory usage.

20. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I never found the aliasing to be that bad in this game, so I think they are doing some form of shader based AA since the beginning.

What they did with the Vsync option is dumb. If they wanted an adaptive option, they should have just added that as a separate preset.