WATCH DOGS Merged MOD

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Marduk, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    thanks for Feedback, i waiting Patient of the thing s they ll come;-)

2. mph55

mph55 Guest

GPU:
    780gtx
    Thanks! I tried your E3 warm lights with Lunayah's HQ mod and some of Marduk's mod that updated it for the latest Ubipatch and the Boss flares. Looks good. Adds a lot of life to Chicago and gives us another big piece of what we saw at E3.

3. kato-secret

kato-secret Guest

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    have you guys realized that arno from ac unity runs just like aiden in e3 builds

4. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    no i swapped some textures, will try fWindGlobalNoiseTextureRange

5. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Hahaha ! Unity is capped to 30fps (maybe less) ! No difference between 30 and 60fps to me !!!

It's not a problem of optimization, it's a problem of bastards !

Sorry for the off topic.

6. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yeah i noticed it too

@KuroTenshi : run between 35-55 fps for me at ultra settings

7. Qetsiyah

Qetsiyah Guest

GPU:
    b
    Question. My game will freeze if I do things like sleep, use ATM, get into a car that's not unlocked yet, unlock a ctos tower, and probably more I can't remember or haven't experienced yet. This only happens when I merge a mod into the merged mod. For example what I do is, I put the patch files in the correct place. Then I use the patcher and press install, so I get the files. Throw that in the patcher folder + the files that I want, and then I install it alltogether. I start the game and the mod works just fine, so I did do it correctly, but then I have the freeze issues. If I just use the merged mod, and no other mods, it seems to be fine, but not 100% sure, don't feel like testing.

But maybe someone knows if I need something in order for mods to work properly?

Also, when I freeze I can still press start, map and some other things like the screen for car demand. But I tried using map and going to a sleeping area, and then I am still frozen, even though it does travels me there.

8. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I am too between 30 and 50 fps at ultra (and FXAA). But no difference between 30 and 50 ! And when I am at 60 fps (rare), no difference from 30fps.

60fps is not smoother and faster than 30fps in this game ! I don't have VSync on.

9. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    can you upload these edited textures?
    I would love to use these...

10. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    1. you must only decide wich files you want to add, you can combine different mod folders
    2. start the install (it will make a backup in the foc/patcher folder), and also create a merged version of your Choice in the wd install Directory, so you didnt need to place any patch.dat /fat files

11. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Well, guys, how's my E3 L-train Lights?
    Do you think they need more tweaking? Is the color all right?

12. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    im very happy with it, i prefer the Cool one (i think its used in your own mod)

13. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    @txgt : work perfectly, you nailed it !

her's the texture swap for the sewer smoke, not on E3 level, but its better than the original, some peoples may find it too much tho , the textures is gfx_steam0332_d.xbt if you want to swap it yourself with another texture

it also increase the smoke from the cars tire when you brake, since that texture share the same texture as the sewer smoke

https://www.mediafire.com/?yq975ra5k2qr232

14. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    thanks

15. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Thanks man, will merged this into my mod and tell you how i like it!
    Also, @TXGT, i really like the new train headlights, i was playing a mission in rossi fremont ( where you have to gain connection to that area ), and when i was escaping, i passed under the train when it was going by and it was absolutely amazing!!! It works so well, too bad UBI took it out, just like almost everything else in the game. lol.

I also wanted to work on the reflection on the WKZ news sign as seen here : http://8bitplayground.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Watch-Dogs-620x300.png It was much more reflective in the e3 2012 build... When i was looking through the sign textures in Windycity.dat and i found that it does not even have a reflection texture! I noticed that what affects the reflectiveness of the textures is the "_n", but, there was only "_d" for that texture sadly, a small problem but it is not going to make me stop modding or playing the game, lol. I have 238 hours in this game one steam, though, it stopped recording the time i played for maybe a few months, so you can add maybe an extra 70 hours to that time. I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME... sorry for the long post guys, just did not want to make multiple posts...:banana:

16. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    sometime the " n " texture is stored in another folder than the " d " textures

17. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    hmm, i will start further investigations on that then, there are just so many textures to look through though... If I remember correctly, it was named "WkZ_News_d" or something in that context. I just want them to be as reflective as the E3 Demo, now though, I do not think they have reflections at all... I will have to check in game if they are reflective or not before I go on searching for something may not even be there...
    Can't do that right now though since I am currently not home, will look later, probably around 2:30 or so (eastern standard)...

18. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I'm glad you liked it guys!
    I'm woking on Car headlights now. Wanna make them more realistic you know. Reduce overall brightness a bit. I'm already made the rain rays of warm headlights less brownish in my Lite Mod beta. Now I wanna try to make them less visible, cause they too bright in the daytime when you looking at them from certain angle.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  19. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    That would be very nice since they so get overly bright sometimes, also, you said that you would be rolling out a new depth of field cameracontext.lib. Did you include it in your mod or has it not been done yet? :O

20. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    No, I didn't even touched cameracontext.lib since I mention about my new DOF. You know why ).
    I'll start working on my Medium DOF next week.