FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Is there an option to get a higher Fov with borderless screen in the gameprofile?

2. Arabaldo

Arabaldo Active Member

GPU:
    1070Ti
    Is it glue on the dashboard...? :)

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't think it's to deter pirates, it's to name them on public forums so people know who they are.

I don't think there is anything wrong with pirating a game to try it out, these days games aren't cheap and it's risky to blindly throw cash at something.
    I just don't think they should advertise it or ask for help on public forums.

Crossfire and SLI responsibility lies more with AMD/Nvidia imo, it's not devs who take people's money on the promise of the greatness of multi GPU technology.

I know a few people who will pirate every game that isn't a EA Origin game, as that is the only place your guaranteed a refund if you don't like the game or how it performs on your system.

Uplay would benefit from that if they want to win people over, it would also force Ubisoft to have games working decently on release or at the very least delay the game until it is finished.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  4. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    The first mission isnt a truthful bench about the performance that you'll have afterwards. Its a small map, so different from the open world that begin after the initial sequence.

5. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    If You don't like it, then just don't use it. Ignore it.
    No one is forcing you to spend your money on games you don't want to play.
    How old are You?

6. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Im now thare but i have the same peformance ;)

7. AngelOfHavoc

AngelOfHavoc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti FTW edition
    Does age matter here? Go on, educate me.

Just because I don't think something is worth my money doesn't mean I don't still want it. The key word is worth. Can you read and understand that?

I want to play FC4 but I refuse to pay for it due to my reasons listed.

8. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Forget about try before you buy, I freaking pre-ordered the game, pre-loaded the game, and freaking Ubisoft sent me a duplicated key. Now I have to wait for the customer support to response, which from what I have heard, could take up to a week. So much for F*cking supporting game developer.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    There is an automatic flashlight when you walk inside caves but the problem you are mentioning is something entirely different. Late evening/night gets pitch black with zero visibility since everything but the sky gets completely black. This seems to be a problem tied to the SLI profile. Try disabling SLI and playing during the night, should "fix" the problem.

It's weird that TB didn't mention this in his video but my guess is that he didn't play long enough for this to be a problem.

Try messing around with AO but I don't remember reading about anyone managing to fix this (without disabling SLI). Another workaround is that you fast travel to a safehouse and sleep until the break of dawn.

10. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Your morality is surprising if You are in fact an adult.
    You seem like a kid who wants to have everything.

11. AngelOfHavoc

AngelOfHavoc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti FTW edition
    This is my last response to you because you clearly have trouble reading and I do not have debates with people who can't read. Also, I can't seem to figure out how my age is relevant to this discussion.

I don't want everything and I don't want everything for free. I just won't pay for laziness. Its simple. I pay for games that are worth it. Think Portal 2, GTA, alan wake, alien isolation. All these games were properly made. They are not ****ty ports and they work with all the necessary PC features.

12. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Because if You're older than 20, You should know what stealing is, and have developed some humility.

Just turn around and walk away, don't steal. Video game is not something you can't live without.

Sorry to mods for off topic

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Older than 20? He should know at 6 yrs old. Who openly admits they are pirating anyhow? If there is no demo and I'm not sure if I would like the game or not,I simply won't buy it. FarCry 4 will be in the bargain bin in a matter of months anyhow. I got Mass Effect 3 for $4.99. That's what you do,you don't pirate it. People that do that,have a moral compass problem. Wonder what other fkd up things they do..

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Hi guys, I pirate games, so I must have other moral issues on the side. Like killing people.

Yes, those must be related.

15. FuzzyDunlop

FuzzyDunlop Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 4GB
    I know I've already posted about this, but I'd like to get more information. For those that have 770s, are you experiencing brief flashes in the game, like you can see at about 9 seconds into this webm? http://a.pomf.se/etgoen.webm

It really only seems to be happening with 770s, but the problem doesn't seem to be widely known. I'd really just like to get it out there so it can hopefully be patched. I'm not playing at the moment because of it. Sometimes it won't happen for like 5 minutes straight and then it will just happen rapidly. Quite annoying.

16. alisaman

alisaman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780 WC
    Please do not confuse what YOU do with what OTHER PEOPLE do, and what you feel morality is, with what others apply to the word.

17. alisaman

alisaman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780 WC
    You, sir, is a murderer and a rapist! :stewpid:

18. AngelOfHavoc

AngelOfHavoc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti FTW edition
    Goat1, yes, I am a terrible heartless person because I downloaded a game from the internet without paying for it. Gosh, how on earth will I sleep tonight? May as well lock me up with the murderers and rapists huh..

19. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Nevermind

20. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I do more than that, I pre-ordered the game (FAR CRY 4), fully supported the developer, paid $60 for the game, and now the company sent me a duplicated key. I can't even f*king play the game. I already submitted the ticket. Now, hopefully, and MAJOR IF they even respond.

Don't tell people what they suppose to do till you tasted the medicine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.