GeForce 344.75 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Nov 18, 2014.

1. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    lower postFX

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't have that blur with Post FX@Ultra.

4. traft

traft Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX 3080
    With these I wasn't able to watch videos without the driver crashing, whether they were youtube videos or files on my PC. If it was a youtube video I watched before installing these they would still load but anything new that I had to download the video for the first time would just have audio and black screen with driver crashing.

I reverted back to 344.65 and sure enough I can load and watch that same video that I couldn't watch before hand, that includes any video files on my PC.

So much for using these for Far Cry 4 or Dragon Age hopefully 344.65 with do fine with them otherwise I won't be playing either of them till Nvidia releases another driver, since I watch videos more then I game.

5. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Does Far Cry 4 support mantle? If so that might be the reason.

Still i'm not surprised, no performance drivers in a long time from the part of nVIDIA.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So SMAA "burn in" effect is only for SLI users. Apparently non SLI users don't have this problem.

Pitch black scenery at night also seems to be tied to SLI, something with AO though I've never tried different settings.

DisableLoadingMip0 from "0" to "1" in GamerProfile.xml helps a lot.

Unparking CPU cores may help too though I've not tried that yet.

Extreme GPU usage (99%) in SLI should be addressed, not sure if that's normal.

On a side note, some users are talking about the DisplayPort problem for 970/980 users. Anyone care to enlighten me what it's about?
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...edback-thread-11-18-14-/post/4367542/#4367542

7. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    So, an update on my last comment: turns out there's artifacts with all AA modes, not just TXAA. It's just less obvious with SMAA.

Below are two screenshots I've taken from FC4. All effects maxed out, with the first screenshot on 4xTXAA, the second on SMAA. The pink artifact for some reason doesn't show up on the TXAA screenshot, but there's definitely a problem causing such artifacts. There's a small line at the bottom of the screen that corrupts the image. It's very noticeable with any form of AA on.
    TXAA:
    [​IMG]
    SMAA:
    [​IMG]

8. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    So it's not just me.
    I've had it since I started the game, both 344.65 and 344.75 drivers.
    It's like the light rays are stuffed up.

Video of it in action:
    http://youtu.be/HYC-14eS7SA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also it seems TotalBiscuit is having the same stuttering issue:
    http://youtu.be/M25Le3JdHH8?list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ

9. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    ^ Well, I haven't seen light rays like that, but I'll keep an eye out and see if I run into it.

10. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    no mantle support... just better optimizations in drivers

11. HRose

HRose Member

Apparently, disabling mipmaps also causes to load all textures on LOW.

This game is a disaster. Same as Unity. It's absurd that in 2014 games are released in this state.

12. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
  13. facboy

facboy Guest

great thanks manuel.

14. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    I would like to ask if Nvidia test games before releasing drivers, I can not believe that everyone has problems with Far Cry 4, ACU etc, and Nvidia does not have any problem, or are blind or are we kidding.

15. RyuKeN

RyuKeN Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce TITAN
    oO Geforce Titan = amd 280 in Far cry 4 Nvidia wake up !!!

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Wow, I read this thread and didn't know if I even wanted to run FC4 , just got it for free from vid purchase . Fc3 always run like butter for me but anyway I ran FC4 last night checking it out on extra or very high (second from highest setting) .

I don't know it looked and ran great for me, no stuttering for sure .when driving there was some minor glitches, but very minor , visually it looked great to me, little shimmer on moving grass etc but nothing bad .
    Indoors some shadows seem very strong (black) until you get close , not sure if that bug or just how game engines is .
    I am still on 344.16 , fps was pretty much 120's and above whole time , I'll try upping later to ultra and see if that changes anything for me .

The mouse sensitivity was way low for me out of box, but no biggy .

17. Cygnific

Cygnific Member

GPU:
    2070S Gaming-X
    No problems here with FC4. And AC:U is alot better now.

18. HRose

HRose Member

Crossposted from Gaf:

- MICRO-STUTTERING FIXED. This is the stuttering that is constant when fps are smooth. As I said it's noticeable if you fixed the view on a object and strafe around it. You might notice that the movement isn't smooth at all. In my case this is caused by a combination vsynch (even if off) and framerate. I was capping manually framerate a bit above 30. Instead capping it at 30 fixed this microstuttering. If you have this, it's very likely because you are somewhere between 30 and 60 fps, and so the game behaves badly. The solution is to either cap at 60 (if you can) or 30. At least this type of stuttering should be completely solved.

- Instead the hitching as you drive around that is mostly fixed through the mipmap setting: if set to 1, the hitching is much better, but you are basically down to "medium" textures.

What it seems doing: it disables loading of the highest resolution for a surface. This means that, up close, textures are at the "medium" equivalent. While for stuff that is further away the texture quality should be the same as usual.

I've tried set the game at medium, with mipmap 0 (normal), and then ultra with mipmap 1. Up close the textures are exactly the same. So it's quite possible that setting ultra and mipmap to 1 is the better option of the two, since stuff might look better and you have much less stuttering.

--

Hopefully this texturing hitching is fixed, since TotalBisquit on a 4Gb card had it even with memory to spare. It shouldn't be hard prioritizing the engine so that loading textures doesn't slow down everything else.

19. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Ya well... that's how it is man. I upgraded to Maxwell from GTX 780 and I don't regret it at all.

Keep in mind 980 overclocks like a beast. Stock 780 ti and a 980 are close, but pit my 1500mhz/8000mhz 980 against your 780 ti and see if you beat me in ANY test.

Not happening bro.

I fail to see your logic here man. I overclock however... maybe you don't....

GTX Titan?? Old news....

20. Chert

Chert Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
    344.75 drivers have bad performance in ARMA 3. I lost about 10-15 fps compared to 344.65.

Performance is up however in BF4 especially with MFAA enabled.