Finally Freedom and Democracy in Russia!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by NomadAssassin, Nov 18, 2014.

1. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    And here is me when I thought this country can't get any better. Now finally Russians will know what means real freedom. No more gun restrictions! You can live in Russia and feel like American now! http://sputniknews.com/russia/20141118/1014887558.html
    This is history people. I think I just shed a tear from my eye. Time to move to my relatives over there.

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Freedom yes, but what has this to do with democracy ?

3. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    How so? This is democracy itself. Now the evil government can't send evil Russian troops to execute citizens at will. It's that simple.
    Now there is a other problem. Russians are world #1 cat owners (look it on Google it's serious) and they need to get this book:
    [​IMG]

4. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    The evil government has tanks, fighter jets, bombers, etc. Same applies to America

5. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Kek, freedom can't even be associated with modern democracies (rep, par). Direct democracy was the proverbial ****e.

6. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Finally the Russian people are free!!!.....

7. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Congrats on getting back a "right" that makes it easier to defend your life from criminals and thuggish government agents. I'm a gun owner myself but that "right" can be taken from me anytime by the fascists in the fed or state because I smoke pot instead of drowning my liver with alcohol and state sanctioned drugs that kill thousands of people because of democracy and it's ability to violate my rights under the color of "law" and "majority rule" which I call mob rule since I refuse to be part of the government con game.

Update: a picture of my H&R Pardner Pump 12 Ga 18.5 and plan of build a AR-15 or AR-10 from just a 80% lower receiver.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Very nice. I'm sure Russian gun shops won't be able to keep up with the demand for handguns for the next few months. Gangs and criminals are likely not too happy with the news.

9. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    not really the militia in america have that too

10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Yet another example of why we are doomed.

Why are people obsessed with guns? We need a hell of a lot more love in this world not guns and bullets.

11. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Until we can get to the universal love and peace you're talking about, guns are needed. Plus taking them away from good peaceful citizens will not bring love and peace any quicker. What it will bring is higher crime in those areas where people can't defend themselves. Plus a lot of people from England have your viewpoint since you guys don't have guns, but go anywhere else in the world where crime is a problem and you'll feel much safer when you have a gun in your home.

12. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    A world that is at peace with each other and wont rob,murder,assault,rape,or kidnap their fellow man or women is really non existent and the UK is a good example of why people should be able to carry and own a gun for protection against those who wish to harm them while the police are practically useless and only good for filing a report on what happened. I even read that The UK is now trying to ban "sharp knives" because people are now resorting to that inside of guns they can't obtain without a special connection to the mob.

13. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    gun obsession is what keeps the world together, Russia and EEUU haven't destroyed each other because they have guns, a lot of them, so in my view what we need is more guns

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Guns are fun to shoot. Guns also deter crime, whether people want to believe it or not. Since criminals are never going to go away, I'd prefer the option to be armed if I deem it necessary.

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The concept that guns grant freedom means one thing; that people are going to die somewhere sometime. In the modern world it doesn't magically grant freedom. It's within your rights to celebrate that, but I for sure wont.

Is that what the discussion is about, however? Guns do not grant freedom.

The matter is much more complicated than that, and has nothing to do with small arms. Do you genuinely think Russia can stand up to modern countries in terms of arms today, despite how they act? Why aren't certain countries reacting? It has nothing to do with guns.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This idea that guns will bring peace is ridiculous. Proper laws and proper enforcement of those laws is what brings peace. Sadly, those are 2 things every country is lacking. Basic protection of human rights would be another thing that nearly every country is lacking. Of course, none of those will achieve the goal of "world peace" on their own as nearly every country also lacks a properly functioning economy as well. Sadly enough, you'd have to fix all of the improperly run Governments before you can even consider ways of fixing all of the screwed up economies. Unfortunately, none of it will ever happen because those "in power" don't want it to ever happen.....

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I don't care how "proper" your laws are, there will always be those that break them. Income inequality will always exist. There will always be those who don't have what they want, and have no qualms of taking it. Guns exist to keep them from doing so. It's been this way for the entirety of recorded history. Before guns, it was arrows.

You can't "fix" human nature. That's why the cold war ended up being ultimately beneficial to the species. Every region has at least 1 nuclear power, which forces everyone to solve their differences through diplomacy. No nation wants to get into a conflict that could ultimately reduce to cities and millions of people turning to ash.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Those who break law will break them no matter if you own or do not own a gun. You are just bit more likely to get killed if you start to fling a gun at an assailant if you even get the chance. It ain't like they come to you "HEY WE GONNA ROB YOU HAHAHA". This will make gun getting for everyone bit easier tho! woohoo.

Oh and if the govt ever got the funny idea to kill all their citizens the guns won't help you plain and simple. It gives false feeling of safety for sure. More guns means criminals will resort to guns more too simple before it might be simple robbery, now it escalates to something worse.

19. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Let the natural selection runs its course.

20. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    In the grand scheme of things, there is no such thing as democracy.