Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Different place tested maybe ? In addition they are using the Phantom 780TI who boost really high.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The CPU's and GPU's they use is also overclocked a bit.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So I take it no one has found those 3 red lyrium weapons in the game yet?

4. Kaladin

Kaladin Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    180 pixels shouldn't make that much of a difference, and the CPU difference isn't that huge either. Obviously they should have superior results but not by this much.

Also, I was using 2xMSAA in the benchmark, they were using 4x...

I have a Phantom 780Ti as well. There is a benchmark in-game, I used that to test it and I'm assuming they did as well, although it may not be that much accurate in terms of overall performance in the game.

Anyway, I fiddled a bit with the settings and I'm more satisfied now. I lowered PostProcessing AA to Low, PostProcessing Quality to High and Tessellation to High, while bumping MSAA to 4X. Now the image is very clean, and there isn't much lost in terms of tessellation anyway between High and Ultra.

I'm getting 50FPS average, so it's good, although it could still be a bit better; maybe with future drivers we'll see further improvements.

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    180 pixels........ 1 8 0 pixels? This is what you think?

1080p = 2073600 pixels.
    1200p = 2304000 pixels.

There's a hell of alot more that 180 pixels dude.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Lol, yeah it's over 230k pixels.

7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Sorry your sig was not specify the model.. the integrated benchmark is way lower than the place they have use..

on their benchmark page, the 3th is with the intregrated benchmark.. see by yourself. -8fps ( with old driver tested only anyway )

[​IMG]

Given the difference with new driver.. you should be right in the good spot.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  8. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    I've looked everywhere...where is the user.cfg file?

9. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    You create it, and put in same place as the game exe

It's frostbite so pretty much all BF4 console commands/user.cfg's will be somewhat applicable.

10. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    Oooh I see, like BF4, makes sense, gotcha. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    In case anyone was wondering about those red lyrium weapons. A bioware rep tweeted that you will need to recruit an arcanist to the Inquisition. you do that by a Wartable operation. in Skyhold.

12. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    Have to say...put in an hour or so of game time, and am LOVING this game thus far! DAO is in my top 5 of all time, and like many, DA2 was a let down. My humble 760 is handling it pretty good with high settings, except mesh and post processing at ultra. MSAA off. Still looks fantastic. Will be buying a 970 on Friday, cannot wait.

Well done Bioware. Well done.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So guys, how is it compared to Origins ?

14. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    Too early to tell. Like I said in my previous post, DAO is one of my fav games of all time. I've put in a little over an hour so far and am loving it. It's quite good imo. GOTY might not be out of the question.

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    So I went ahead and installed 344.75 and replaced the iCafe 344.47 and they actually are worse. Now just in regular gameplay I'm finding that its stuttery, where as on 344.47 it was far smoother.. this in SLI.

I also tried the above cfg addition and noticed that with the details being rendered on screen (fps & system info) it dropped my FPS in the benchmark by around 15 in total. Once I removed that, I benchmarked around 66fps.

Either way, this game needs a patch badly so I'm not going to play it until it gets one. Too bad, I figured a Bioware game would still be a bit better completed then this.. not even with the controls but just the general performance.
    Loading up scenes and the audio pops in and out and stutters.. just feels unfinished.
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

16. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Is there a raw input option you can put in user.cfg?

17. Kaladin

Kaladin Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Thanks! Could you try if this tweak from BF4 works? http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Battlefield_4#Performance_boost.21

18. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    do you mean the worldrender tweak? i could try it later tonite....

19. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Played an hour last night, and impressed so far. Graphic are very nice, and from the bit I've seen gameplay is equally promising. Itching to finish work now so I can get home and play some more!

20. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    i got the same problem on first day...stutter everywhere even on the game menu screen.....the things that helped me are the cpu tweak especially HT is on....on default if didn't add those line it'll only use half of the threads available...e.g. 4 core only 2 threads are used ...also honestly mantle did help smoothing things out a lot .....but since you are using nvidia so it's irrelevant

also make sure you're not using borderless windows mode at least it isn't working for me whether on DX or mantle both create stutter....

this game sure needs some patch...but at least it's much better than bf4 first day launch.....

the in game benchmark isn't working properly for me ...very slow, fps drops, stuttery and hang...i don't know why....(tried before the user.cfg and after user.cfg same for me)

oh btw try to see if the cpu getting too hot...coz mine can go up to 75° when playing the game....8 threads are fully utilized from windows task manager showed....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.