GeForce 344.75 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Nov 18, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    EDIT: never mind, sorry false alarm

just tested Tombraider2013 again with old 344.47 with blue indicator, but its not working. I saw it right away in main menu - rocks sticking out of water.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    How are these with Unity lads?

3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I created a KBA to help clarify MFAA. LMK if any other questions I can answer in the KBA.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3605

4. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G

5. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    I find it ridiculous that only the 2nd gen Maxwell cards get MFAA at this point, while 1st gen ones are treated like Kepler cards. Just ridiculous.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Last time I checked it was not possible to use msaa in tomb raider so I doubt that it would actually work. Indicator does not mean anything. What matters is the actual image quality (picture comparison). I am pretty sure that MFAA uses Maxwell's programmable MSAA sample thingy that does not exist in Kepler. For that reason I doubt that it works.

Also enhancing doesn't do anything unless the game supports MSAA and it's enabled in game.

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    You're talking about the 9 series which is only a month old.. cmon. Surely you realized what you were getting into.. I would hope.

Even single cards still have some kinks to them.. ironing the stuff out takes time, driver updates, game patches, sacrifices to our lord and saviour GabeN..

give it time, it will improve.

8. skryabin

skryabin Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    does anyone have random black flashing (shutter) in far cry 4 with this driver?

9. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Wrong thread, delete.

10. HRose

HRose Member

Yes, but also with previous drivers.

This SEEMS to make improvements to the stuttering. It's possible that the game won't load mipmaps, meaning that transitions between high and low textures as you more are much more jarring. I need to do more tests.

But more annoying there's a stutter problem that is not related to fps:
    try to strafe while looking carefully at grass in front of you. Even if fps are rock solid it seems the movement is stuttery, as if the move input are sampled at a lower count than fps. Or as if the simulation of the game runs at a lower step.

So there are two types of stutters in FC4:
    - one related to textures, and is inconstant and especially present when you drive around. It also happens if you don't move at all, and a few seconds BEFORE a car appears there's a significant stutter. So it's related to these cars being spawned.
    - another stutter is constant, and it's so regular that you don't normally notice it. But if you look carefully you notice that movement is stuttering constantly.

11. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Does anyone have any experience upgrading to these from 344.47 iCafe drivers? I'm wondering if is there is a worthwhile reason to upgrade to these. TIA.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  13. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Sh1te, I just upgraded Saturday..... Oh well, tonight I guess. Still wondering if these are better than 344.47 though?

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I saw that now when tested TR2013 again.. lol had fxaa enabled :grin: yes it has to have msaa build in and has to be dx11..

btw then why would there be bit lower gpu usage (5-7%) with it enabled at same fps cap? doesnt make any sense..Noticed this in COD BO2 with 125fps and BF4 with 60fps & vsync.

15. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    So much self-entitlement in this thread. :wanker:

Nice drivers.

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    The funny thing is multiGPU configs no matter nvidia or ati/amd have never been reliable, ever. Always issues, always incompatible with brand new games, yet people still refuse to take that into account and think buying an extra card will give them the same exact functionality on day1 as single card. PS: IT DOESNT and it won't.

17. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you provide screenshot of the in game graphics setting used and also is this black flashing or more like ghosting? Also full PC specs including screen resolution.

18. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Wow thanks dude, that stopped the stuttering for me and lowered the Vram to around 2GB rather than 3. Needed that as I use 2560x1440p, my 780 is a bit happier now:banana:

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  20. Herochild

Herochild Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Don't suppose this adds DSR on mobile GPUs yet?