GTX 970 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ScoobyDooby, Sep 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    don't moan about it then lol

2. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    lol no hard feelings ;)

3. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    no at all fella made me laff.

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    For the GPU? That's either a typo, the wrong sensor or something in between :D

5. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    aye for the gpu,the sensor doesnt seem to be faulty tho :)
    i gotta admit that the gpu is very very loud when i put the fans on 100% thru AB.
    people underestimate these gpu's tbh....

6. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    Hi,
    I just upgraded my r9 290 to a gigabyte gtx970G1 card and It's stuck
    in PCIE 2.0 mode .I only have one other card and that is my stxII 7.1 in slot pcie_16-4
    I don't see in the bios any options for pcie 3 only 2,1 or auto
    I have it on auto
    gpu-z and nvidia control panel both say 2.0
    am I missing something?,thanks

MB: Asus X99-deluxe
    cpu: Intel Haswell-e i7-5930k
    16GB gskill ddr4 2400

7. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    nevermind ,figured it out
    changed the generation from auto to gen 3
    in bios,thanks

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I got a Coil free GTX 970 FTW as well whch i was glad, because that had me worried. I didnt know if i would get one or not. So far doing 100+ core on stock voltage.

9. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Did you get yours directly from EVGA? As I noticed it has an extra label, that looks like it is to do with quality control as it was signed. Also the card was sealed when I received it with the back plate.

10. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    What extra label?

11. paulonone

paulonone Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI
    New member to the club:)

Also got the EVGA 970 FTW, from EVGA Europe. So far so good, no coil whine problems.

Still messing around with final overclocking settings.

Now waiting for my backplate and pick your path promotion to be approved.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Got one yesterday, no coil whine either.

13. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Got my MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G last week.

Upgraded from an Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II.

The reason I went for MSI was mainly it's size. I have an Antec 300 case so the longest card it can officially fit is 27 cm. Asus Strix is 28 cm and Gigabyte is huge with over 30. My second option would have been Gainward Phantom.
    However based on the reviews it saw it was fairly cool and quiet so I went for it.

I can confirm it's dead silent both in idle (well duh, it shuts the fans down) and full load. I had to put my hands next to the card to check if the fans were spinning at all. :)

The LED Logo looks great and can be controlled fully with nvidia's LED Visualizer from Geforce Experience (omg, I finally have a reason to install Geforce Experience)

The only benchmark i've done was Sniper Elite V2 Benchmark (the standalone bench): my old 760 got 95.2 avg fps (with a slight OC), my new 970 (stock, no oc yet) got 142.5.

Also tested Far Cry 4, smooth 60 fps with vsync on, 1920*1080, all maxed out except AA set to SMAA (TXAA causes strange artifacts on certain objects and it hurts performance a bit).

14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I also got my MSI GTX 970 Gaming today, i´m so happy!:D

I wasn´t expecting the card to be so big but it just fitted on my case, so i got lucky because i didn´t measure the case to see if it had space for the card...
    And yes the dragon logo is a beauty!

One question, to be eligible to win one of the Ubisoft´s games, does it need to say in the boxe that the card gives the game or i just need to insert some other code of the gpu?

Thanks!

15. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Regarding the ubisoft game you should have received a coupon or something that has a special code on it when you got the card, if you didn't you are out of luck. (As far as I know, not all countries and not all shops are eligible, I think the shops decide whether or not they include the card they sell in the promotion)

16. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Yea it must be something like that and i think Portugal is not one of the countries eligible for the promo.

Still i´m gonna register my card at MSI and ask them if they can spare a code. If they do it, cool, if not then no problem.

Thanks for the reply.

17. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    LOL thanks for this... now time to mess around... :) I usually don't install geforce experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-c6jxoraAQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi5-J83IHwo

18. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I purchased my card online and the store emailed me a code to redeem at GeForce.com. For comparison, walkin stores put the game code on the receipt.

19. Henador

Henador Guest

GPU:
    970 G1 Gaming
    As I have basic knowledge on GPU OC I need some advice for my Gigabyte 970 G1 Rev 1.1.

Drivers:
    ASIC: 81.5%
    Just as a side-note I have PCI-E 2.0 (due to SB) if it matters

+115 Core
    +300 memory

1. I see everyone reaching 500Mhz easily on memory. I get artifacts on both Furmark 1.14.1.4 & 3D Mark (Firestrike) whenever I go past 300MHz. I guess that's the max I can reach? Does voltage helps memory by any chance?
    2. Another thing I don't understand is that while I have Boost clock@1444 it goes up to 1519MHz on Furmark. Am I missing something?
    3. Also, I noticed in NBA 2k15 that the core clock jumps up and down (from 1200 to 1570). Is this normal when I have set it on 1293MHz and boost@1444?

Thnx in advance for the feedback!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  20. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    Some voltage should help stabilize the memory, although it's not as effective as it would be for the GPU.

1. It does sound like the memory is maxed out.
    2. Not sure what software you're using to OC, boost can do what it wants to on some of these cards, in some cases regardless of what you set it at.
    3. The core clock is going to clock down if it's not needed. Typically this happens during a cut scene in a game but if the game doesn't put a heavy load on the GPU then it could happen whenever.