FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    With SLi on, I've some flickering image and glitch when ingame SMAA and PCSS shadows are enable at the same time. Anyone have this problem? It seems there is a double image on the background when i turn quickly the visual and the shadows lod is crappy.

I can solve this using SFX Smaa but the quality is not great as game Smaa.

TXAA and MSAA are not so good for me, so i dont want use them.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i have about the same performance as yours, i have also the occasional stuttering when entering a new area.

3. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I stayed up till 2am doing campaign missions to unlock a new tier of weapons and it had 1 worthwile weapon but still didn't unlock some fairly basic ones that are being locked behind these unlock walls.

As a self professed open world game that should apply to the game mechanics too.

The better weapons should be unlocked from the start but cost a tonne of money, maybe require a few wallet upgrades before you can get it, but the stupid arbitrary "play campaign missions to unlock these weapons" thing is annoying as hell.

How many? 2 hours of grinding? 15? 20?.

It should say "play 3 more campaign missions" or "play 30 more campaign missions" so I know what I'm up for. If I had known that after 6 hours I wouldn't even have the second LMG or anything better than the equivalent of the first assault rifle in farcry 3 or the one shot assault rifle after 6 hours I might have not bothered and just picked it up another day.

In Farcry 3 I played with a mod that scaled weapon prices and unlocked them all from the start, it made the game much more fun.

Also 99% of the games weapons are signature weapons which is bull$#!+. Also you can't compare weapon stats across weapon screens. I want to know how much better the signature weapons are than the ones in the main tab.

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    How can i delete the 60fps cap, vsync is off.

5. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Just to confirm/deny.

Don't expect any miracles with the new drivers, they might have fixed some twitchy bugs with animations or something ( slight frame drops when grapping things etc ) but the overall stutter seems the same.

If MSI afterburner actually worked I might have a better experience.

I am still downloading a v 1.3 torrent of the game to see if it runs better with no uplay and also to see if afterburner works with it when uplay is gone.

6. Xplodzion

Xplodzion Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX770 4GB
    Setting textures to medium seems to eliminate most if not all of the stuttering for me spite having 4gb of VRAM, high and above setting may be bugged, can anyone give it a go and see if its not just me?

7. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    guys hows your gpu/cpu usage in first hub area, fps gets halved looking at the two houses.gpu usage too.

8. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Any tips on where to buy it for a good price? Digital only..

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    This is my finding also. The game plays much smoother and still looks fairly acceptable.

Far Cry 4 so far has an overwhelming sense of familiarity that instantly reminds you of just how much effort you had to put into FC3 to reach completion, then contemplating doing all that over again step for step with much more thrown in besides. I've only done two towers so far and the amount of stuff that then appears in that single area is borderline obscene. Sure the devs are of the mind that we all want lots to do to keep us busy but the problem is only a very small percentage of it is even fresh so everything else can instantly feel like a chore and something you'd rather not do in favour of doing something that may actually be fun.

The region of Kyrat is what may just keep people ignoring all of this as not only does it look and feel so dissimilar to FC3's Rook islands but the ways you can get around can differ also. The chopper for instance means you can simply take off and fly to the next tower unlock which kind of defeats the object of the game IMO.

One thing I should mention is that if you now set a way point on your map you can actually trigger an auto drive to take you to the destination. Problem is it seems to hardly ever work correctly which makes it utterly pointless. You can now use a grappling hook to climb or abseil your way down larger hills too. The Far Cry 2 aspect I mentioned so far is where you can enter a form of safehouse, bring up your watch and set the time of day on the fly via a bed inside so that's something at least. Being able to plan night time raids on enemy camps will come in very handy.

Oh and huge birds can suddenly swoop down on you without warning and attack, first time it happened to me I almost shat myself.

10. DrBoss

DrBoss Guest

GPU:
    SLI MSI 670 Power Edition
    The birds will make a screeching sound before they dive down on your... just keep yours ears tuned into the game, and when you hear the bird screech, aim up and hold the trigger down.

11. FuzzyDunlop

FuzzyDunlop Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 4GB
    I'm playing Far Cry 4, loving it so far. Looks great and runs great aside from some occasional stuttering like when I'm driving, however I'm noticing that occasionally the screen will flash black, green, blue, or some other color. It's super brief and hardly interrupts gameplay, but it's extremely noticeable. I haven't had this issue with any other games before. Really hoping it isn't software related.

Running on Windows 7 64 bit, intel i5-760 (going to upgrade that very, very soon), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 600w PSU, 4gb GTX 770.

All the temps are fine when the CPU and GPU are under max load. I also made a webm here, the flash is at about 9 seconds: http://a.pomf.se/etgoen.webm

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    There is no fps cap in-game, maybe it's a 3rd party program doing it like Afterburner.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why i think HBAO+ is still bugged ? Even with patch 1.03 and ForceWare 344.75, can anyone else confirm it or it's just me ?

14. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Nope i had a cap on it, but have the cap removed [gameprofile.XML]

I have find a bug, if you want to controle the files with uplay your game start an update, but it is a bug.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Hmm something not right with benchmark, nvidia underperfoming severally. i means 290x 11fps better than 780ti matching 980??? 280x 10-15fps better than 770? no way.

Maybe nvidia got driver issue, or some of nvidia special features slows it down.

17. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    little help for low-end pc? I'm averaging 30-40fps but it doesn't feel smooth like PS4 version which is locked to 30. Is there any tweaks for having that smoothness? Maybe with triple buffering or something like that?

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't really trust that site..

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    same, i take my bench soon, but those results seems very wrong, probably hilbert gonna bench the game and other site, if that repeats itself, then nvidia need a driver update to fix it.

20. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Kepler is far (cry) behind maxwell,
    980 vs 780ti - 97 vs 81 fps,

the same with AMD cards

770 vs 280X (53 vs 72 fps)

Is Nv are not optimising drivers for kepler cars ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.