SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Anyone tried SweetFX in Unity on Win8.1 ? I can't make it work..

2. adi518

adi518 Guest

GPU:
    2x Evga 970 SC
    I tried it too and it won't work.

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You tried with RadeonPro or just copy-paste the files in game's directory.I tried both, nothing works.

4. adi518

adi518 Guest

GPU:
    2x Evga 970 SC
    I don't have AMD. I tried EFX. It won't work.

5. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    You can use RadeonPRO with a nvidia card for SweetFX purposes.

6. padolamap

padolamap Guest

GPU:
    ATI RANDEON 6990 4GB
    puede ser que estes tambien en avsim

7. megamawman

megamawman Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970m
    Hey guys
    For the people that don't know me, I am a graphic designer (3D Graphics) and I have been doing it for about a year. Unfortunately I cannot post links yet...

I am new to this thread. I made a preset a while ago called Sweetfx Re-Imagined for TF2. You can find it on gamebanana. I used many effects such as dither, vibrance, etc. but I could not get the SMAA to work properly. Maybe you guys could help me with that.

I do realize that sweetfx does not edit the executable file and therefore does not get you banned. Does this remove the possibility of having a depth of field effect. If you look up sweetfx DOF, it should be the second link in the search. I cannot post links unfortunately.

I am not sure if he is faking it or if it is a really depth of field effect. There has not been information since 2013 so I am starting to assume that the project died. I hink that depth of field would make sweetfx almost a requirement for all games. I really interested in this new dithering effect as well.

Are you releasing a beta any time soon? Because people like me would love to use it.

8. Crystol

Crystol Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Help needed.

So sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this. I'm wondering though if anyone can give me a pointer with my issue.

I got Advanced Warfare working with SweetFX and it was working awesome. Problem is though that suddenly it went wonky. Now there is a picture (mirroring the gameplay) at the top left of the screen that disappears when I disable SweetFX. It appears that the smaller image has the filters applied, but the main game does not.

Every attempt at getting an alternate way of getting SweetFX to load, results with the same picture in picture glitch if it loads at all (my options are limited with Win8.1.) I've used Radeon Pro as well as stand alone versions of Win 8.1 compatible sweetFX bundles.

Here is the image:
    h t t p://i.imgur.com/xMLxDfp.jpg (without spaces)

9. megamawman

megamawman Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970m
    Can you send us your sweetfx settings file. Make sure you do not have custom enabled.

10. Crystol

Crystol Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    im using a template this one:
    h t t p://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/2481/

but I'm also currently using the default 15.1 settings.

11. megamawman

megamawman Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970m
    Try turning on the splitscreen and see what happens. Also, have you tried re-installing sweetfx?

12. Crystol

Crystol Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Yes I've tried re-installing sweetfx and splitscreen does not do a thing.

13. megamawman

megamawman Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970m
    This means that you have installed sweetfx incorrectly. Make sure the d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll are in the proper place. If there is a folder called bin, they should be in there. All of the files should be in a folder with the main executable unless there is a bin folder in which you move d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll. Can you send us what is in the log.log file?

14. Voodooman

Voodooman Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX 680 4gb
    Anyone has sweetfx compatible bloom that actually glows? Bloom that comes with SweetFX does not work as expected, it simply brightens highlihts.

15. Crystol

Crystol Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    If you have installed SweetFX correctly and have run the game with this log.log file in the same folder
    as the game .exe and the d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll files, then it should be overwritten with debug information.

So if you have done that and you are reading this, then your game likely crashed because it couldn't write to this file.

Some steps to resolve this:
    1) Check that this file is in the same folder as the game .exe and the d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll files.
    It's installed there per default so it should be there.

If you moved the .dll's that came with SweetFX to another folder then check in that folder for the correct log.log,
    that the injector creates when it runs

2) Find out if it's a problem with insufficient user permissions in the game folder you installed SweetFX to.
    To do that try running the game with administrator rights by right-clicking it's exe and choosing "Run as administrator"
    If that worked then you have found the problem.

To solve it, you can either keep running it as administrator everything, which can be a little annoying in the long run.

You can also right click on the folder that contains this file and then choose "Properties"
    From there click "Security", then "Edit", then on your username, and then set "Full Control" to "Allow"
    This should also allow Modify, Execute, List, Read and Write - if it doesn't then also set thoose to "Allow"
    Now "OK" your way out of the dialogs.
    Your user account now has full control for that folder and you don't have to Run as administrator.

Alternatively you can create a new shortcut to the game and right click that and choose "Properties"
    Under "Shortcut" click Advanced and check "Run as administrator" and "OK" your way out.
    This shortcut will now always run as administrator and the administrator account always has the necessary rights.

3) Does it still crash?
    Try disabling all game overlays (like Origin), recording software (like Fraps), framerate displaying software (like Fraps),
    GPU overclocking and tweaking software software and other d3d9.dll or dxgi.dll proxy dlls (like ENB, Helix or Umod)

4) If the above doesn't work and you can't solve the problem yourself or google your way to a solution then try to get support
    online in either the SweetFX thread on Guru3d or your preferred forum.
    Note that I prefer not to get support questions as PM's but I'd rather have you post in the thread so others can help you too.
    I'm not always in the thread but there is usually always other users.

It says that inside a text file called log

16. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    InjectSMAA, the injector SweetFX currently uses is not able to do this. ReShade however is. You really should read this entire page in the thread.

That Call of Duty is known to not work correctly with the current SweetFX injector, it's nothing on your side (You can use RadeonPro as far as I know though).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  17. Voodooman

Voodooman Member

GPU:
    Wow - thats super bad idea!
    One of the reasons MODDING IS NEARLY DEAD (i mean official support of it, not user-made tools) is because devs cares too much about LOCKING game so nobody could cheat (and tweak and mod game for fair use as well, and do extra content which they can sell as DLC, but thats another story) - and this only makes more troubles to legit users and cheater will still found the way to cheat.

2 examples of games that was ruined by such care about locking them - Crysis 2 and RAGE.

Every freaking cvar that could make game feel and look better was locked, and by default game is so broken so it cant be played with joy.
    And guess how many "advanced" mods besides some simple retexturing and new leves was created - almost 0. Even Despite both Crytek and ID released SDK later, games are so damn locked so modders cant even unleas their creativity with SDK, since end user wont be able to use most of it in locked game anyway.

And compare this to open games like 1st crysis, older id games with all the cvars unlocked and file formats was easy to mod and see how many creative mods was created.

Locking game as well as reshade and sweetfx just because of possibility of cheating (which would be minor usage anyway) - is just like protecting game with intrusive DRM such as Starforce, Securom, Tages, Uplay and Origin and assuming by default that all gamers are thiefs.

So what you doing is assuming that all users are cheaters. This is counter effective.

Cheaters has their own forums with hacks, and they has their own gurus with debug dlls that already does everything you are trying to lock, only very lame and very dumb and rare cheater would use popular tool to cheat online, cheaters use tools with smart anti-detection and disguise techniques, and SweetFX and reshade does not offer that - so the popularity and lack of anti-detection is already the best possible and only needed protection from cheaters, you dont have and should not do any white and blacklisting, this will only make troubles for fair usage, and cheaters gonna cheat anyway with other tools.

Seriosly think of what you going to do as DRM. Practice shows that it never stops piracy and only annoys and limits legit users, and smartest companies like CD project realised that and pushing their top sellers without DRM because even despite there is going to be some piracy, its unstopable and price of counter meassures are too high for legit users and popularity and quallity of game will still protect sales from being low.

Same applies to sweetfx and reshade - PLEASE DONT ANY ANTI CHEATING LOCKING AND BLACKLISTING this will rung fair usability and will make troubles becaue there is no way in the world to make 100% bulletproof technique, except for one - TRUST PEOPLE.

18. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Rage is a really bad example since all cvars are unlocked on the x64 version. And the reason almost nobody is making mods for the game is because of the megatextures.
    You need a fairly fast system to create those. And by fast i mean a whole serverfarm.

That's the problem. You can't just trust people to not exploit the injector. Encrypting is nearly bulletproof. You can't really crack a good encryption.
    I mean, you can (maybe), but nobody is gonna invest that much time and money on this.

19. Crystol

Crystol Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    I did try RadeonPro but it keeps saying I can't run cod aw bcs of sum privelage or sumthin. I'm on Win 8.1 btw.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  20. Voodooman

Voodooman Member

GPU:
    Tripple buffer option at nvidia driver settings enables tripple buffering in every OpenGL application, not sure about AMD, but Nvidia users only need tripple buffering to forced for DX applications which does not support it by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.