AMD Catalyst 14.11.2 BETA (14.301.1013.0 November 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Maybe I might not understand correctly, but a R9 295X2 isn't the same as a R9 290X. So just maybe a R9 295X2 will not be affected by that same release note that only mentions a R9 290X, and not general/all Crossfire setups...

Or, maybe he just knows how to handle his computer better than you. Wouldn't be the first time two people with similar hardware report totally different experiences, with one person having an unoptimized setup.

2. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Do I really need to download these betas if I primarily use crossfire in FC4 ? It seems like crossfire users got shafted, can somebody report how is performance with crossfire in FC4 with this set of drivers compared to previous set of drivers (14.11.1) ?
    Thnx in advance.

3. lobez

lobez Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    ((((((lol I've been visiting Guru3D for years now, but ive just logged in for the first time just to tell you we have the same mobo/cpu/gpu :banana:))))))

4. dhabulin

dhabulin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970
    I guess you are using frame limiter with MSI Afterburner. Try disabling it. I had same "problem" with FC3 as well with FC4 and it is actually not a problem, just an implementation of afterburner frame limiter. Other frame limiters does not cause 100% core3 cpu usage on FC3 and FC4. There is no performance difference with others frame limiters.

5. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Beta Driver for Windows

AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Beta Driver for Windows

Hello everyone,

Click here to visit our Graphics Drivers and Software page and click on “Latest Windows Beta Driver” to download the driver.

For instructions on how to uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, you may refer to the following support resources:

· How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System
    · How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Beta Driver for Windows® - Dragon Age: Inquisition and Far Cry 4!

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Windows® Beta Driver Performance Improvements

Dragon Age: Inquisition performance optimizations
    - Up to 5% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.
    - Optimized AMD CrossFire™ profile
    Far Cry 4 performance optimizations
    - Up to 50% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.

Resolved Issues

Small chance of intermittent screen tearing or corruption in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare on high settings 4K resolution in AMD CrossFire™ mode.
    World of Warcraft can sometimes exhibit corruption when using CMAA in AMD CrossFire™ configurations.
    Minecraft sometimes produces corruption when changing video settings in windowed mode.
    XDMA Quad CrossFire™ configurations in portrait Eyefinity modes sometimes display tearing or stuttering.

Known Issues
    System can sometimes hang when upgrading to Catalyst™ 14.11.2 from Catalyst™14.7 in AMD CrossFire™ configurations. As a workaround please completely uninstall previous Catalyst™ software versions before installing Catalyst™14.11.2 beta.
    Slight performance drops in FIFA 2015 on AMD CrossFire™ configurations.
    Occasional flickering sometimes observed while playing FIFA 2015 in AMD Dual Graphics configurations.
    Slight Battlefield 4 performance drop on AMD Radeon™ R9 290X in AMD CrossFire™ configuration.
    AMD Radeon™ R9 285 intermittently hangs in Hitman Absolution on new game start.
    AMD Radeon™ R9 285 can sometimes exhibit flickering in Assassins Creed Unity.
    Assassins Creed Unity can sometimes experience frame stutter on some AMD CrossFire™ configurations.
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare intermittent black screen when loading game in Quad AMD Crossfire™ configurations.
    Civilization: Beyond Earth mantle users in AMD CrossFire™ configurations may sometimes experience an issue where they cannot change their game resolution. As a work around please use "Enable MGPU=1" in the games configuration .ini file.

The AMD CrossFire™ profile for Far Cry 4 is currently disabled in this driver while AMD works with Ubisoft to investigate an issue where AMD CrossFire™ configurations are not performing as intended. An update is expected on this issue in the near future through an updated game patch or an AMD driver posting.

AMD is currently working with BioWare to resolve the following issues:
    Flickering is sometimes observed in Dragon Age: Inquisition on a limited number of surfaces in AMD CrossFire™ configurations.

AMD is currently working with Ubisoft to resolve the following issues:
    Uneven hair corruption sometimes observed in Assassins Creed Unity when applying "ultra" game settings.
    Flickering occasionally observed between windows on walls in Assassins Creed Unity.
    Windows/Doors intermittently flash with black textures in Assassins Creed Unity.
    Assassins Creed Unity occasionally exits to desktop when "ultra" game settings are applied.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

6. athanh8807

athanh8807 Guest

GPU:
    -xXx-
    Does it improve performance for CoDAW ?

(srr for my Eng)

7. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Game Test : Far Cry 4
    OMG .STAY AWAY IF YOU'RE USING CROSSFIRE.
    14.11.1 NO AA 67, 64.65, 65 ,67 , 64, 63.61 AVG=65.21 FPS
    14.11.1 2xMSAA 61.58, 61.61, 61.62, 62, 64, 63.65 AVG=62.41 FPS
    14.11.2 NO AA 56.2, 48.2, 57, 53.6, 56, 53 AVG=54 FPS
    14.11.2 2XMSAA 54.6, 52, 53, 54, 55, 48 AVG=52.766 FPS
    14.11.2 CROSSFIRE DISABLED 2XMSAA AVG=41.6

I double checked these results.
    Reverting to previous version.

---------EDIT----------

Sorry but there seems to be a bug with power options! ,it should be set to 'High Performance' and not balanced and this should fix the problem .Im also getting much higher fps using this method. I would like to know what frames would I get if had to test v14.11.1 and power option set to high performance. :confused:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  8. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire

What game lol?

9. macfiff

macfiff Guest

GPU:
    280x oc
    does anybody experience frame-drop problems with fc4 when driving and running as if the hdd is loading more data into the vram which causes stutters.

interesting thing is that i can put the graphic settings to whatever i like, low, high it does not matter, so the vram of my card cant be full.

10. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    lol Far Cry 4

11. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

There is nothing in the release notes about it, but sometimes AMD does "hidden" changes. Only way to know is to try it out for yourself.

12. David Ryder

David Ryder Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC ACX2
    Multi GPU setups are never worth the price / effort. That's a lesson I had to learn the hard way.

13. BuuBuu

BuuBuu Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 8 GB ( 4 X 2 )
    ok guys does it fix the sudden black screen issue ?

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I think i got that too, the game is installed on a 5400rpm hdd sadly cause i don't have room for the game on my 7200rpm hdd.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I've had CFX twice, it had issues yes, but it was pretty good if it worked.

I had much better experience with SLI, almost never had problems with it.

16. kimpet

kimpet Member

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X Devil
    try patch 1.3.0 for far cry 4 and test it with AMD 14.11.2 also
    change power options to high performance and change processor state minimum and maximum to 100%

17. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Test was done with v1.3. I dont know how the test would fare in 14.11.1 and 'high performance' power mode. That is the real puzzling question.

18. socola

socola Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290x 4 GB
    Good Performance

I couldn't prove the new driver with Far Cry 4, but on Watch Dogs and Shadows of Mordor the performance increased a lot, and of course more stability. No problems yet.
    I think this beta driver is the best since 13.9, 13.12.
    Try it, is a very good driver.

19. ckleuser

ckleuser Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Nobody read the release notes from the beta driver??? It states that crossfire has been temporarily disabled for FC4 because of issues.

"Important Notes
    ***9726;The AMD CrossFire™ profile for Far Cry 4 is currently disabled in this driver while AMD works with Ubisoft to investigate an issue where AMD CrossFire™ configurations are not performing as intended. An update is expected on this issue in the near future through an updated game patch or an AMD driver posting."

20. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    On v14.11.1 only AFR friendly mode works ,same for 14.11.2 ,leaving at default mode does not scale at all. Farcry3.exe not working (there is no Farcry4.exe profile yet)