FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
  2. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
  3. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
  4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hopefully it's implemented at the end of the month as i still have to make a decision to what game i want with the 970.

Nvidia have been dragging their heels with this stuff recently, seem to advertise gameworks stuff, but don't mention they haven't finished it yet.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Because Ubisoft is the only company to release a game and add in features later.

Sorry, but this hating on Ubisoft thing is getting past the point of stupid.
    I understand having reservations because of the their "wonderful" customer support and stellar PC releases.

But, trying to trash them when they do something tons of other publishers have do and continue to do just... it's really reaching.
    And sorry, I may dislike Ubisoft, but... not many other publishers try to keep the users informed of what's going on with updates.
    In fact, most forums for such are flooded with complaints that the publisher never responds to forum posts. Yet, Ubisoft are trying to keep a strong interactive feed going with Assassin's Creed players right now.

Hate them for their short comings, sure, but don't reach and try and hate them for stuff that's pretty much common place in the industry simply because... 'it's cool to hate Ubisoft.'

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's not Ubisoft who are doing this though, it's Nvidia.

While i think Nvidia have gotten better for non Nvidia setups since the switch to Gameworks, they do tend to be late with finishing it as it appears games rarely launch with the advertised features.

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34

Because playing a game on a pc using a keyboard and mouse from your couch is so advanced that it doesn't exist yet....

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah.
    I'm just pointing out that Ubisoft and in turn, FarCry 4 are not the first or only publisher/game to do this.

People need to get off this "Ubisoft sucks!" for reasons that don't even apply.

By such logic I guess it was Ubisoft's fault Crysis 2 didn't ship with DX11 support, or Thief had Mantel added in with a couple patches... or CoD: Ghosts had fur tech added in after release... ;)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  9. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Fur option is available in video settings right now but its not well implemented on the animals and it looks awful.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    They do that by all games for some reason, AC black flag, Batman - smoke, Alice2, COD Ghosts - hairworks, Hawken or older Cryostasis, DarkVoid, Mafia2, etc.. Actually by any hw physx based game.

Guess they first wait for crucial game bugfixes, so they don't make too many later lol :D

11. Arend.C

Arend.C Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Another pc launch fail, crashing at first door.. :puke2:

Were are the days when games were made by gamers for gamers?
    These days it's all about rushing for launch to get payd and patch later if ever.

The whole gaming industry is failing hard. Can't get excited about any game these days.

:bang::bang::bang:

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus

You probably wouldn't have those problems if you had a legitimate copy of the game. Even though people with high end systems won't admit it, piracy is whats hurting pc gaming.

Buy your damn games and don't judge them on ****ty ass torrent downloads

13. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Yea everybody's just posting here and whining about the game, totally not caring that it isn't even officially released yet and they shouldn't even be playing it.
    Great attitude :stewpid:

14. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Is there any game worth pirating these days? GOD!!!

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, really sucks to be playing the game before the official release, without the official Day One updates...

That must suck. :rolleyes:

Buy the game. Play it on Tuesday with the official updates.

16. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Yes and it is so comfortable and ergonomic. I mean it's not like you get full analogue movement vs awkward and primitive 8 way wrist strain movement on a keyboard, and force feedback.

I have a brand new Corsair k65 RGB and would not even consider using it from my couch. It is much more comfortable to use a gamepad and it has its benefits as mentioned.

People on a couch have a mouse and keyboard lower than they normally would at a desk and it just isn't practical...unless you enjoy discomfort

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Does it have microtransactions and annoying companion apps like the other Ubisoft release?

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yes, because you're an expert on keyboard and mouse positioning with every possible living room configuration. Obviously it works for some people. Just because it doesn't for you doesn't magically make it impractical.

This is completely subjective and off topic anyway.

19. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Since when did it have micro-transactions and companion apps?:stewpid:

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's the question you fool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.