FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Once the day one patches go live it should fix the corruption issues, and possibly any performance issues people may be running into.

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Statements like that are a really good, and quick, way to make a whole lot of people a bit pissed.

No plus to a controller in a FPS? So you're telling me you've never considered playing a game from somewhere other than your desk? Like, say, from the couch? Last i checked, keyboard+mouse is a bit of a pain in the a** to use when NOT at a desk.

3. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    No I do not like sitting far away because I do more than just game at once. My desk is the only spot I ever game from. Period. If you wanna game from your couch get a console.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Exactly. YOU don't play from anywhere else. So trying to say someone's an idiot because they play games on their PC using a controller just shows how closed-minded you are. I guess we could also say that we question your intelligence since you've never actually taken the time to sit down and enjoy playing a game that wasn't designed around looking as pretty as possible. Even simple games like Rogue Legacy are great to enjoy from the comfort of the couch or other seating area when connected to your TV. But you'll never experience those kinds of things because apparently you're "too intelligent".

5. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Totally agree with you I play all my games with a wireless 360 controller (exception of BF4 online so I don't get annihilated) with my feet up on my desk chair back. If I had a couch close by trust me I'd be on that. Also with my Oculus Rift a controller is a must, just thought I'd through that in there.

6. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Please don't derail the thread. Seriously this Controller vs M+KB argument is the same as eating from a bowl vs a plate. (And I eat from a bowl.)

How does the game run on low end systems? i.e. like a 5850 1GB or something? The one thing I see coming from ubi kiev is that their games don't scale down that well.

I think I'll take FC4 with the 970 promotion when I get it, since I already got ACU anyway.

7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Knowing Ubisoft's trend as of late you have to be crazy to pre-order this until plenty of user and trusted reviews are out. I will never pre-order or buy on same-day (without a plethora of rave reviews) any Ubisoft game ever again.

With that being said, I did enjoy the FarCry 3 campaign and hope they don't jack this one up.

8. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    That's not your typical argument where either side present their points as to why they are right and the other side is wrong. This is about someone being a total dick.

And you're wrong eating from a bowl. Cuz I eat from a plate and i'm always right., even soup... YA EVEN SOUP o,o

jk jk <3

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    OK. Back on topic please.

10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Any pc reviews yet? Or any news on pc performance?

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Maxed out Ultra everything 1080p SMAA my rig gets around 55-85fps

Though there are shadow bugs (waaay too dark no matter how much you change brightness or gamma) and mouse acceleration seems to be ALWAYS turned on even turning it off in options does nothing. Moving the mouse left and right is painfully slow and I have to ramp up sensitivity to maximum. Looking up and down is beyond a joke and is a snails pace even turning up sensi in options does not help. I had to change dpi settings on my mouse to fix it (whereas every other game its fine).

Other than a few crashes due to save features being a little messed up its a good game.

12. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
  13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Game crashes to desktop for me when I enter the room right at the start.

Intro cutscene,

dinner table scene,

guy in pink suite walks off,

you finally get to control character,

walk around (mouse acceleration is a joke btw)

you hear screaming coming from room downstairs,

hold e to enter door bam crashes to desktop... three times now. Waiting for a fix.

14. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    What driver are you running? Also, it's 1.0.0 I presume?

15. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
    yep 1.0.0 and 344.65 nvidia driver

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Wonder if Nvidia will follow suit and release a new driver set this week... like they've done the last two weeks.

17. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Interesting. It's running like ****e on mine (60fps on low @1440p), which I see no reason for. Well, I hope day 1 patches change things around and I might consider buying it.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Yeah that mouse acceleration is a huge issue for me in this game.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Btw does anyone know how to get rid of the black bars on the top and bottom? :(

I use a 16:10 monitor, it does show 16:10 in the video settings but it doesn't even work.

20. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Running crossfire Im getting negative scaling ,Farcry3.exe ,bioshock.exe nothing works !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.