FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    I would say an oc on that stock speed would make a world of difference. Seen it running o n a 970gtx at minimum 60fps but the guy has a clock of 4.3. You should be able to get a nice boost this way and 4.4 or more on air should be very easy.

The patch will make a big difference too plus a new driver for you card. For Nvidia at least, performance seems the same as Far Cry 3.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  2. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    From what i've seen i'm really disappointed about the graphics of this new FC. Ok, it's a crossgen title for sure, but its appear really flat and low detailed. Maybe this is a good look for a PS3 title but not for a pc games in these days.

Lod is ridiculous and the environment sounds fake and designed as a crib. After seen AC Unity and the latest recent releases, this game for me had the worse graphic impact among the games of this year.

3. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Preloading now.............

Is it out in the US or something?
    Patch 1.2.0 seems like something that would benefit me.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not out until the 18th anywhere afaik, someone released a crack

5. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I got the PS4 version today from SimplyGames have played it for over 6 hours, completing Act 1 and lots of side quests and I'm now just exploring in Act 2 just for fun. The game is fantastic IMO, technically very impressive IMO with no distracting LOD issues or pop up despite the open world formula. The graphics are not as impressive as, say, Assassin's Creed Unity but they still look very nice with good textures, detailed modelling and a great draw distance plus the framerate is rock-solid at 30 fps unlike that other game! I have not come across any glitches or bugs or crashes...the game is impeccably polished in my experience.

It's a reskinned Far Cry 3 as far as gameplay goes but it is still hugely entertaining and a lot of fun to play. If you're looking for a fun open world game that isn't GTA V then check this one out and give AC Unity a miss until it is patched to fix the performance issues. Highly recommended.

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I can't imagine myself playing an FPS game with the crappy PS controller.

8. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Thanks Darren for the honest review, will buy the pc version next payday :)

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    NVIDIA Godrays setting works fine on AMD card and performance hit is very very minimal and makes the game look so much better.

10. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    GTX 670 2gb
    Phenom x2 @4ghz

everything ultra, smaa, no motion blur, highest possible everything

30fps solid

Should run great for everyone.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well it's your loss but personally I find the PS4 controller to be every bit as good as the 360/XBO controller for all games. ;)

12. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Far Cry 3 and I imagine FC4 are so stupidly easy that it doesn't matter what input you use. I fired up FC3 one time with a 360 controller while my son was asleep on my chest and I didn't have easy access to the keyboard and mouse. Playing on the highest difficulty with a controller for the first time in an FPS (I had only used it in racing games and 3rd person games like Sleeping Dogs until then) and I was amazed at how rubbish the AI was. Even with my crappy controller aim, they couldn't coordinate an attack to take me down. Just hide behind a rock and wait for the fodder to come into my line of fire. Going from Far Cry 1, which was actually a challenging game to FC3, the franchise has become a casual sit-back-on-the-couch and feel like your Rambo sort of thing. I imagine the latest one will be no different.

13. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    You actually connect a controller to PC to play FPS? That's terrible.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Indeed. Idk why he even own a PC at this point, lol.

15. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Yeah I wouldn't even play ANY FPS if I had to use a controller.

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Guns/Ranged combat and games... no worky! Well i guess it does on same 3rd person shooters where all you need to do is press the lockon button like GTA4 for example, but even on GTA on shooty sections I end up going behind cover and taking people out with mouse aim so... I guess even on autolock gamepad controls I still go to my mouse...

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    He thinks the keyboard is a crappy way to control a game, and that much is true.

Obviously a mouse is so much better than an analog stick though, but if you don't play MP then you should be ok.

18. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    I highly disagree with the first part.

19. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Depends on the keyboard I guess. Analog WASD ftw?

20. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    After regrettably buying AC unity and not being able to play, I decided to 'try ' FC4 just to make sure it doesn't suffer the same issues.

Happy to report that the game runs fantastically on my machine. Used the SLI compatibily bits for FC3/BD and the game runs at a solid 50-60fps, even going into the 70's+ outdoors and that's completely maxed with SMAA @ 1440p=. Going to get the full game when I buy my GTX970 next week. Hopefully it will be patched up by then as there are a few odd graphical glitches.

One thing I do love about the game that I've seen soe far is it lets you completely customize your HUD and there are about 15+ options to turn off/on depending on how you like to play. It's a nice touch, especially for people like myself that don't like playing a hud.

For those of you who are curious, I've included some screens of the graphical menus. I won't post any in game shots until I get the full game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.