Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Just to clarify, last night i was boost sliding a bit more than usual, and yes, if you boost slide but don't try to continue running immediately afterwards, you're left in the crouched position.

And i have to say.... the inaccuracy of the melee mechanic in this game is even more annoying than the times where it seems like you get killed by 2 bullets. Last night i was practically a foot away from a guy, and the punch missed TWICE! Then, not much later, i get melee'd to death by a guy who had already walked PASSED me, and wasn't even facing anywhere remotely near my direction. Even in the killcam i wasn't even remotely on screen, let alone in front of him, or where you'd expect to be able to punch someone. Or the times where you unload almost an entire clip (Or two in my case, as it was the akimbo SMG's), YOU get killed, and in the killcam, it looks like you only fired a few rounds off.

2. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Have you tried lowering your max ping in the config file?

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    keep it on, I didnt have any issues with HT @ COD games so far..

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Anyone try the new AMD driver? Does it increase the framerate at all?

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Mitchell's arm: alpha

[​IMG]

6. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Oh snap that made me laugh :heh:

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The MP seems to have lost 13,000 people already ....

8. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i have never had lag..... you playing on pc???

9. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    wow there was almost 60,000 on today ps4 thoe

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah it's pretty crazy. It was doing 33-35k since launch and when I checked today, it peaked at a mere 22k. BO2 did significantly better until the month before Ghosts' launch.

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Once again, just because you're not having problems does not mean problems don't exist. Also maybe you are and just aren't observant enough to notice.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It started off very low anyhow though and *some* people may have started other games, like AC:U, for example. If they don't return, well yes, then it'd be bad.
    The majority of games I had were very good though, no obvious laggers and very good hit detection. Even in hardcore :)

13. Vectored

Vectored Guest

GPU:
    gtx770 FTW 4Gb
    Another hacked up unfinished overpriced pc game.

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Sounds like you actually never played it yourself.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    sounds like you're defending it like any COD game so far :p :D

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Any? No, surely not. But the "gap" between good players and bad players is quite large.

Like every other CoD out there, it'll have hackers for sure. But there aren't closely as many as "people" seem to think.

PS: The game works quite well and I enjoy it. Even though it's not using a "perfect net" of dedicated servers, the hit detection has been fine for me ever since it started. Better than any Battlefield game I know & none of the problems Ghosts had.
    It'll surely run into the same issues as MW2, MW3 and BO2 at a certain point, just by the mere fact that there will be too few players around at a certain point to find good games.
    But so far? People should simply stop complaining when there's nothing to complain about.

17. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Fine for YOU. There's plenty to complain about for those of us who are actually having problems. ****. So sick of hearing that.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Dunno but I dont have any Ghosts issues, Im now playing the game with nvidia fps limiter 90fps on top of game 90fps and its uber smooth. 90fps 95% of the time, 99% of the time if i disable physx turbulence, while keeping fur @ high, rest @ max and 4xmsaa + mfaa.

Also there is no hit detection issues, only if i play @ +170ping but no game is really great at such high ping..

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Ghosts kept a lot of issues for a large part of the players though, like the bad textures that never loaded in higher resolution. Or design issues like missing FoV and bad sound.

@wrathloki: Yes, for me. And the guys I know and play with. The game can't do miracles if there's no one close enough to your location to play with. MW2, MW3 and even BO2 were far worse in that regard, especially right after launch.

20. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I have my max ping set to 80 so there must be people close enough. It's not like I live in Alaska or some crap like that.