Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Lol, love some of the NPC expressions in this game... this guy CLEARLY doesnt want me in the appartment :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Horrible game is horrible.

The hoops and bugs people are getting/need to put up with is unexcuseable.

Nevermind that they seem to have done little to improve the game the combat is unchanged, though people say it feels slower, probably because the frames are in the 20s and 30s, no ship stuff the best bit of ac 4 and back to roof running and the same old same old that ass creed been doing for the last 10 years just with worse performance than well ever.

Demand refunds until they show they can fix this buggy glitchy unoptomized mess.

3. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Combat is changed. Albeit not by much, just a little "time senstive" (parry windows/dodging etc) and can't attack non stop (you do like a 3 hit combo then can't attack for a second or two).

It does feel sluggish and unresponsive at times, and not due to frame rate as I generally maintain 45-55FPS and even go up to 70-80 in less wide open/populated sections.

Overall I'm enjoying it, but I guess I'm not as nit picky as most people on this forum.

As far as performance it does 99% GPU usage, and 40-70% CPU usage on all 8 threads for me. Some times it goes higher but haven't checked in a crowded area yet. Sure things can be optimized more, but what's wrong with something using all available horsepower you give it? Just because you don't think the graphics are worth it? People always complain about games not using more than 1 thread, not having max GPU usage etc etc.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That probably just means the server is down temporarily. :)

5. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
    i have a gtx 780ti OC and i use my DSR 2520x1575p average 30-40 fps fxaa (+smaa sweetfx)and all MAX setting.

click for zoom,anyway i resize screen in 1920x1200 for decrease MB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    What's wrong is that the degree of detail does not justify how much processing it uses. From what I can see of this game, there is NO WAY that it should be only getting 50-60 FPS @ 1080P with high end cards maxed out.. that is appaulingly bad.. seriously.

Even though it looks better on PC, that is just inexcusable and can only be attributed to lazy design and poor optimization followed by a straight up $hit port to PC.

"Long in the tooth" series overload and repetitive gameplay aside, from just a technical and performance standpoint, I can't understand how some people don't feel that this is a giant screw job and horrible for the game industry as a whole.

The backlash is justified. Gamers don't want to tolerate this crap any longer and its good to see so many people venting about it. Complacency and acceptance would be the bigger failure here.

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Using Crack..

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Alot of the people who are playing the game are saying it justifies the processing power though, the majority of the complaints seem to be coming from the people who haven't personally played it which is why the backlash looks manufactured.

Running this at 19x10 at 60fps takes 3-4 times the horsepower than 900/30 and that is before you enable any of the PC exclusive features.

This is likely going to be the norm for games with no 360/PS3 version, Dragon Age Inquisition will be the next one subjected to the "outrage" since it needs a 980 for 40-50fps.

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Some brave soul needs to initiate the class action fraud lawsuit against Ubisoft, this stuff they're pulling is just unacceptable.

10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    There's no doubt that up close, the assets are very well done, barring some texture inconsistencies. The individual modelers who worked on recreating these famous landmarks should be congratulated and overall the aesthetic of the game is very appealing. I was looking forward to this title a while back because of the setting more than anything else, but that was before the Watch Dogs fiasco. I think this game in its current state validates many concerns that people have had regarding Nvidia Gameworks titles. Here we have a game that runs very poorly on both consoles, all AMD gpu hardware, and all but the highest end Nvidia hardware (in SLi configuration no less). They've effectively snubbed the vast majority of their user-base and it smacks of elitism. Kind of ironic for a game themed after the French Revolution. Maybe the next DLC should feature Ubisoft and Nvidia CEO's being sent to the guillotine, lol. :)

11. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    It's not my video so I dont know.

Well besides blurry textures in the distance, Unity looks spectacular, there's no sandbox with better visuals.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5603/15770328845_a412aa4fbb_o.png
    One screenshot from Neogaf thread. In ps2/xbox1 era I would think it's CGI, I wonder how games will look 10 years from now :)

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah i know its not yours, just saying ;) Maybe not reliable when using Crack.

13. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:

And that is the main problem I have. Most people bitching don't have the game.

Yea the game has some problems, but to me, I'm enjoying it with no issues really. It does need some innovation gameplay wise and what not. As they keep rehashing AC so it's basically CoD.

But it was worth the price I paid (Mexican Proxy Origin Store) so I'm content. Now if I had a bunch of other games to play I may have or maybe not have passed it over.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Is anyone playing the mobile app?

15. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    If it worked. Nomad Brotherhood feature has never worked for me, and many others. So you can't really do anything with it but use as a map/database reference etc.

16. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Well I have had nothing but headaches from the get go, at first it ran smooth but as soon as I die and it reloads the game it stutters like crap, then I got this weird bug where the hair on the characters head would fly around like crazy seriously I need to make a video it looks mental, another thing is the audio stutters not just the framerate, I had to alter my interface latency and bit rate to improve the situation, honestly do I need to go on, the game is glitchy as sh!t, I know it's not my system, every other game I have installed runs smooth including watchdogs which is known for being a stutterfest, people who are complaining are complaining for legitimate reasons, this game is a mess.

17. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
  18. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Has anyone tried disabling SLI to see if the new nvidia drivers have made any difference?

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's working for me. That's why I was asking if anyone was playing it.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Once in Paris and you have stuttering, travel to Versailles, no stuttering, travel back to Paris, no stuttering, fast travel once in paris, stuttering back.

Good job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.