Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This time, I'll wait until it's patched before I buy it.

On a side note, someone said that Watch_Dogs is finally playable so I installed it yesterday to give it a go. True, it stutters a bit less but the stuttering is not gone. Also at Ultra textures I had extreme FPS problems. Had to use High Textures to make it playable but still couldn't keep it above 60 in the city. /OT

OnT, Black Flag suffered from many problems at launch if you remember. I couldn't even play the game for the first three days due to server overload and then again for a week due to something else. Got it upgraded to Digital Deluxe edition which is nice. Maybe they'll do the same thing here?

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh one more thing, is it possible to change all voice acting to French but subs to English?

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Yes!

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Then he just needs to update his SLI profile with Geforce experience.

5. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Their point remains true, regardless of their rigs... often when new gen gpu's come out, your old gen gpu's performance will magically drop, if you install the new drivers... post 900 series drivers gives me roughly 2000 less gpu points in fire strike. Ofc nvidia will deny gimping older gen cards, to make the new ones seem better, but its pretty obvious what is going on imo.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I haven't had that experience.. All of NVidia's DX11 lineup from Fermi onwards all share a similar architecture to an extent. That's why NVidia can release drivers that work across several generations..

It's not like when AMD switched from VLIW architecture to GCN, where they had to change the driver code completely..

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  8. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    the atmosphere is just fantastic in this game. Honestly, one of the most beautiful lighting also.

playing on GTX 980 SLI, no performance issues whatsoever.

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Post some screenshots!

10. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Dude... you've got a $110 graphics card with a 192-bit memory bus and you expected to run this game at a decent level of detail and resolution? The only conspiracy here is in your head.

Of course it did. AC3 is over 2 years old, was made for last-gen consoles, used DirectX 9, didn't have hundreds of NPC's all with their own AI on screen at once, and lacked about 100 other features. All those NPC's require CPU power to make them do what they do, and a Q6600 is definitely NOT up to the task.

If by "crap" you mean "insanely good graphics that for once were not held back by last-gen consoles"... then I would agree.

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Any idea when the tessellation patch is out? I kind of don't want to play until then.

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
  13. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Assassin Creeps : Unite, part 2:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    girl, you are so pretty:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Beauty and the beast

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Haha, dat pics. :D

Anyway, anyone tried runing it on a single 280X? Is it worth getting it or should i just skip it and go for DA?

15. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    lol!!!!!!!!!!

16. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I used one of carfax's images as my desktop background, thanks.

17. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    Cool screens jimdove !

OK guys, expecting better experience from the new games I updated my PC. But this game needs really bad a major update. I mean I can play it all maxed, I don't have any graphic corruptions but is has a lot of hiccups. It's far away from Black Flag wich I play smooth on a 2560x1440 Dell with DSR 2.0 and TXAA.

18. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    You're joking right? gtx680 is officially minimum and that won't run very well.
    Go for DA.

19. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    My 680GTX run that game just fine, 35-50 fps @900p (ps4 resolution), Max settings +FXAA. His 280X with 3GB Vram should run this game even better

20. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Well decided to try the game out and see if the performance is as bad as people say and, on ultra setting with just FXAA, I get between 15 and 40 fps. It mostly just hovers around the mid/low 20's. The stuttering however is absolutely horrendous. Every time I move the the camera glitches out all over the place which, more often then not, causes me to run in the opposite direction to where I want to go.

Tried turning some of the settings down but performance and stuttering barely improved. I would say I'm disappointed but this was really what I expecting, especially after the debacle that was Watch Dogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.