AMD Catalyst 14.11.1 BETA (14.301.0.0 November 5)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by The Mac, Nov 10, 2014.

1. darkjj

darkjj Guest

Disable driver signature,
    Cheers

2. el_arantis

el_arantis Guest

GPU:
    Radeon™ RX 5700 XT
    How can I do that?

Thanks anyway for your reply!

3. jonson

jonson Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980 SLI
    AMD build great Hardware, no doubt, and with Mantle they could made a big step in the Game Market.
    But instead of pushing flawless performance with good Mantle drivers, they ignore the mess. Even if the Memory Leak is maybe not their fault. In such cases they have to work this thing out, together with EA Dice and not playing defiant childs throwing toys at each other while arguing who is responsible for this mess.

4. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    Yes i used DDU :) no problem with installation.

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Pretty sure if I made a game and just slapped Mantle on-top of it in the most un-optimized manner ever; AMD would not go out of their way to fix my mess.

Go test out other Mantle games. If they memory leak as well, then AMD would have some work to do. But considering I only see complaints from a game that launched in a borderline-broken state at launch... Well, there's only so much AMD can do.

Also if I understand right, the memory leak with BF4 only started happening after a certain BF4 patch.

6. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    They say crossfire in COD:AW only has negative scaling at certain resolutions. I'm curious what resolutions does crossfire actually work properly? With crossfire enabled, it takes 5x as long to even render your operator, takes about 10 seconds to switch players when spectating, and takes another 10 seconds to even render a person's gun. Not to mention the insane stutter and framedrops on top of the already poor performance of the game. I honestly don't see crossfire working properly in this title in the future. It never worked in Black Ops II and Ghosts, it's not going to work now.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  7. grufferator

grufferator Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7850 1G
    14.11.1 BETA vs. 14.410.0.0

DriverVer=11/05/2014, 14.301.0.0000
    Catalyst: 14.11.1
    CCC: 2014.1105.2160.39482
    D3D: 9.14.10.01061
    OGL: 6.14.10.13092
    OCL 1.2: 10.0.1573.4
    Mantle: 9.1.10.0045
    Mantle API: 98304

DriverVer=09/02/2014, 14.410.0.0000
    CCC: 2014.0902.2157.37601
    D3D: 9.14.10.01067
    OGL: 6.14.10.13179
    OCL: 10.0.1598.5 (OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (1598.5))
    Mantle: 9.1.10.0034
    Mantle API: 94209

D3D, OGL and OCL are older. Only Mantle seems to be newer. Does this mean they were compiled earlier or version numbers don't really mean anything?

8. Tyestor

Tyestor Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6950 2GB
    So 6000 series cards (specifically 6950/6970) are considered legacy now? Nice.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Nobody said anything about 5xxx/6xxx being legacy. They just aren't supported in this beta driver. I'm assuming the changes either don't benefit non-GCN hardware, or AMD didn't have time to QC the drivers on such hardware.

Jumping to conclusions doesn't really help anyone. When AMD announces 5xxx/6xxx hardware is legacy, then it's a safe bet they're legacy.

10. Jonnygrunge

Jonnygrunge Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4090 SG1
    I have read that Crossfire is working fine in COD:AW with the GCN 1.1 cards, R9 290X, etc! This to me is very poor show from AMD prioritising like this, with regard to their newer architecture only with the betas! surely there should be support for BOTH the GCN 1.0 and 1.1, I only bought my cards 10 months ago! 2 weeks after release! Hopefully this will get addressed soon! There is a lot of games broken with the GCN 1.0 architecture and Crossfire! Ridiculous!

11. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    My R7 265 is now listed as a 7800 in Windows 8.1 Device Manager, but to my basic knowledge, AMD renamed 7800+ series cards to R7/R9 xxx without any fundamental change to performance.

pCARS closed beta is not running noticeably worse than it was with the 14.9.2 drivers earlier this morning.

12. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Whilst the name should make 0 difference to the rebrands it is still somewhat shocking that these drivers "forgot" the rebrands names and "forgot" the 5xxx and 6xxx.

From what I have seen AMD is spring cleaning the drivers.

I wouldn't put it past them to drop 5xxx and 6xxx in the near future.

They removed muxed support from the drivers in April without as much of an announcement. Taking some important features out of the devices such as eyefinity.

They removed all tech specs of mobility 5xxx and 6xxx cards from their website.

The quieter we go? ... Hope not.

13. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    The wrong card name has happened to me a couple of times with a couple of previous beta's. No performance issue.

I guess it was more noticeable to me since I run an HD 7770 and R7 in crossfire. My R7 was originally an HD 7770 I crossflashed the bios to the R7 version for fun.

14. rock1m1

rock1m1 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Trix R9 290
    I am getting random black screen when I am using chrome with these drivers, just like the last: 14.9.2 I used. 14.9 WHQL didn't give me this problem though.

15. jonson

jonson Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980 SLI

Therefore they promote their Product with a half baked unoptimized Beta Software. I could think of many other good ways to put my Product in a good light. Now it looks bad because their bundle dont perform well and its bugged.

It would be a total other case if i bought a game which add Mantle support as some additional feature and this feature dont work properly. But BF4 has a big AMD/Crossfire/ Mantle Promotion included. For the normal customer it looks like this Game is made for AMD Hardware. And then you install the newest driver for your amd gpu, install the game, start the game, play a while and then it stops working because the whole Systemmemory is full, also the VRAM of the GPU. And you can do nothing to fix it beside disabling 50% of your precious Hardware only to play this Game at wonky 80 fps instead of nice smooth 144 fps which sync with my monitor. I spend a buckload of money, spend another dime for a Game what looks like it was optimized for my Hardware and then i get this.

Now tell me how this looks ?

16. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    The way I see it even if it is DICE's fault and they screwed up something in that patch, AMD should still provide support since Mantle is their affair.

With one more week until DA:I comes out it will be interesting to see if it is also affected by this very same issue. At least in DA:I it will be kinda OK to disable Crossfire since it is a RPG, but on the other hand it would benefit more from higher detail than BF4.

Also somehow I ended up pre-ordering Far Cry 4. UBI Soft's reputation of bad performance, improper Crossfire support, what I experienced with Far Cry 3 and Watch Dogs combined with what I read about the current AC game makes me think I will probably regret it.

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    PVZ doesnt have the leak, and it used the exact same frostbite engine as bf4.

Although DAI uses frostbyte, theyve modified the renderer significantly, so it may not be a good comparison.

18. rock1m1

rock1m1 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Trix R9 290
    I am not sure what you guys are exactly talking about, but let me chime in whatever I can make of it. I have R9 290 from Sapphire, and I used to have huge performance gains using mantle when playing BF4, however, memory leak was a big issue for me.

Fast forward now, I am not sure but I think DirectX performance greatly decreased for the game. But Mantle on the flipside, increased for me and I no longer get memory leaks using it. Siege of Shanghai 64 player conquest, which is a very demanding map, with directx i get like as low as 35fps at times. With Mantle, I hardly dip below 55fps on that map and most of the time well above 70fps. Everything on ultra by the way.

19. jamek

jamek Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x Gaming
    The first Assassin's Creed Unity Benchmark is out (Gamegpu) but what a sham among all amd gpu just 290/290x and 295x2 can handle 30fps all others gpu 280x, 285, 7970, 7950 , 270x..... all less than 30 fps (not palyable) wtf?

AMD is a rubbish

:bang: :bang: :bang:

:bang: :bang:

20. rock1m1

rock1m1 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Trix R9 290
    geforce 970 barely handles 35 fps