WATCH DOGS Merged MOD

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Marduk, Sep 6, 2014.

1. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    No problem :)
    Reguarding the color of the building windows, I found the textures for them. First make sure that you have windy city.dat unpacked
    now, go to this directory: F:\Mods\windy_city_unpack\worlds\windy_city\generated\building\atlas\textures
    well it won't say F:/ for everybody, it is just because i have it in my hdd and not my ssd.
    But, this seems to be the texture used for every building, and it looks like atlas_m.xbt
    is the key to making the windows have a different light at night time. So instead of the weird golden white brown thing, we can make it a bit less saturated as seen in the E3 2012 demo. This is a bit exciting, you know, if someone took the time to re-make this (not asking someone to it would be way too much work), it could look like the demo's buildings! But for now we can just try to make the windows less saturated.

2. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Hey ThatGuyOverThere, I'm making my Medium DOF, are you exited? :smile:

3. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    hey txgt can you make a very far dof and a slightly stronger dof when the profiler is activated like in the e3 demos ?

4. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I am waiting too for your medium DOF. Is it dynamic ? Bokeh ? I found it too much static (and light) in the Light version.

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Holy $hit guys! I finally found a proper BinHex converter!!! :banana::banana::banana:
    Gonna try to make L-Train lights bigger!

6. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
  7. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    By checking the values, I noticed you modified only this :

#define HDRPower 0.90 //[0.00 to 8.00] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter

Did you test it ? The comment says that lowering is making brighter. You increased it.

I would rather have played with the Levels. To me, the problem is just the Dark point that is too strong. So it's completely dark when it should only be somber.

Besides, the screenshot of Blackout seems to be during the day (even if cloudy). This render could be appropriate, but only at night.

Will test this evening.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  8. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    sounds great m8! can 't wait for your new camera and train lights! :D

9. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I have tested it, the default value is 1.00, pretty much it has the same image quality as the main sweetfx while not being as dark, sort of like a raised gamma, it looks good, since it makes the contrast not as strong while keeping the whole effect of the curves. If there are any problems, tell me about it and I will get back to you with something else.

10. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    ALSO, sorry for sorta spamming, lol.
    I have uploaded my patch files, if anyone is interested, here: http://1drv.ms/1ukdLcS
    When TXGT comes out with his new things I will add those to this, if you guys like my patch files i can continue uploading my edits whenever I come across anything worth sharing. But uh, yeah.

11. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Unfortunatelly, the Profiler camera don't have it's own xml-file inside the "cameracontext.lib", it uses the same xml as for Walking camera - "Avatar.Default.Normal.xml".
    So it's no way to make different DOF setting for Profiler camera in "cameracontext.lib", at least not that I know of.
    Nevertheless, I think there is a different way to do that. Because I tried to add my DOF to all of the xmls in cameracontext.lib and see if it change anything in the cameras like when you "knockdown" the NPC or "grabbing the phone from the civillian". Because during this events the DOF dissapears and appears again when this events are over.
    Also I noticed no change in DOF effect in cameras like the moment you "opening profiler" (the DOF wave) or when you die in single-player.
    There has to be another file/files that change the Profiler DOF.

12. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I tried to test your preset. But unfortunately, it is not compatible with RadeonPro or Efx. I am on Windows 8.1 x64 so I don't have other ways. Other presets work perfectly !

13. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    ah, well that is too bad. you can just copy and paste the settings in the text file and use that instead though...
    I do not really see how it would be incompatible considering that it is just a text file but uh, just paste the settings from the text and you might have it working.

14. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    There was an error in the tonemap section :

#define Saturation-0.050 //[-1.000 to 1.000] Adjust saturation

A space is missing.

I could test then. It seems fine to me. But I didn't test a lot.

No blackout :

[​IMG]

Blackout :

[​IMG]

Your preset is really nice. There is still one thing to tone down : The sun exposure. It's so saturated you can't even see the ground textures ^^'. It can be full white !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  15. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    i know, this is a problem with the Levels setting. Sadly, there is no possible way to make sweetfx only have the blacks and not the whites. I have the white setting all the way to the highest and it still does this. It sorta looks nice but maybe try increases the contrast a bit and turning off levels all together. Maybe this helped? Why don't you try that, raising contrast and turning off levels.

16. GamerX7

GamerX7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 670 GTX 2 GB
    PLS tell us the name from binhex converter..

Thank you alot :)

17. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    Does anyone know the specifics behind the values under the "Blackout" section in the windy_city.game.xml file?

I've applied the changes someone else made to the Blackout to make it similar to E3 and they work great. Since then have been tinkering with other settings and am looking to extend the overall blackout duration. I MIGHT have it, but am waiting for it to pack right now.

I am really curious if my blackout settings are used when I trigger a blackout during online play. I set the "BlockSize" to 100 and I think it literally kills the entire current CTOS section I'm in. I watched from the top of a building and only the "backdrop" buildings remain lit. While it is funny to think that I look like "uber hacker" online to other players, I don't want to piss anyone off or have to swap between two 3.6GB patch files to be "online friendly".

It stands to reason that since the game applies the local client's settings to the online environment like weapons and items, the blackout settings would translate as well. That would then make me wonder who's rain settings get applied too or if there is a separate ULC file somewhere.

I've been able to make the lights flicker longer and with more intensity by modifying the "fPowerInGlitchFrequency" and produced some funny results for grins. By modifying the "fPowerInSwitchTime" I extended the length of time that hackable items remain "offline", but I am really just looking to futz with the duration.

If there is a better thread for this question, please let me know... I'm just having fun right now modifying weapons and cars which are off-topic in this thread, but a lot of people in here really know their stuff.

18. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I found it in "Hex Workshop" program.
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5klnxhvhk1odp5d/BConv32.rar

How it works:
    First, you need to set "Byte Order" to "Intel" and "Data Type" to "float (32)".
    Now you can put Watch Dogs BinHex values in "Hex" field and get simple numbers in "Decimal" field. This way you will understand how big or small those BinHex values are.
    Also you can put your own numbers in "Decimal" field to get BinHex value in "Hex" field and then put it into game's xmls!

19. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I made E3 Blackout, but I never think about the duration cause I'm pretty happy with the maximum duration that we get with Blackout skill.

20. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    found the reason, its the

LightOmniQuadraticCutoff=1

have set them to 0 and solved the problem