Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    That's my biggest let down playing COD on the PC. :bang:

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    What are the signs it's an aimbot?

3. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    All the maps are far too small, the game play is terrible, the kill-cam is always about 1 sec behind what I see on my screen before I die, I get 4 or 5 hit detections on my screen and when kill-cam shows there are no hits, its terrible. Its bunny hoppers heaven. the design of the maps and the layout are shocking to say the least on MP.

the single player campaign has its moments but the whole game was over far too quickly I didn't feel challenged in the slightest, well that's it for me no more COD games I've played them all and this was the worst campaign by far, from BO to ghosts, the MW 1.2.3. even on hardened. glad I only paid £25 for this and not £40. RIP COD series. .:peeleft:

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Single player is pretty damn epic. I'd say there are a few things in there that puts the experience almost on par with some of the awesome moments ive experienced in Wolf:TNO. Lots of things that i've never seen in a game or movie before and none of it has come off feeling cheesy or lame. This has to be my fav COD since MW1.

The only issues i have is that the game is still doing the follow me/hand holding thing. Imo, its long overdue that COD drops this approach to its single player experience. Something along the lines of GR or RS (tom Clancy old school sort) would be great, even a mission somewhere thats similar to something from Splinter Cell.

Also, Im getting really frustrated by the amount of times that the game takes away your ability to walk at a normal pace and instead forcing you to walk as though you're in slow motion. Second, the game will introduce a cool set-piece and some new tech (the bike level, wont say more than that) and forces you to watch as you are led through the beginning of the mission with no control over it what so ever, then later on, when **** hits the fan, the game puts you on said bike while missiles and crap are raining down with no explination of how to drive the thing resulting in an insta-death. There are far to many of these situations throughout the game that really ruins the experience for me. The game puts you in an insta-death situation with no warning and then you're forced to restart from the closest checkpoint (never far back to be fair). This would be ok if it were at integral moments of the game for shock value, but its not.

Third, previous games you can only sprint for a fairly short length. In this one it feels like that length is even shorter which makes no sense when you've got this exo-suit that lets you lift and jump ridiculously, even more so when the game goes to 'run from bad guys moment' and you're only able to sprint for 5 meters resulting in luck playing the biggest factor of your survival. Unnecessary and frustrating.

Forth, the exo-suit abilities. Either give the player access all the abilities or allow them to be unlocked..or dont bother at all. One moment you're able to jump really high, the next, you're not for no reason. This makes every encounter an uneven experience. When on the ground you can boost left/right and back, but not forward...unless the mission you're playing has granted you the ability to boost jump, then only can you boost forward while in the air. This makes no sense to me, why can the player only boost forward if in the air, but can boost in every other direction when on the ground. Missions that could be great fun by bound/leaping and moving in all directions are left feeling like standard encounters, rather than a more realistic/real world take on UT and Quake. Seems a missed opportunity.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Well.... on that last part... it's not really just called "Boost". It's a boost dodge. If you're on the ground, there isn't really a lot that you'd be able to dodge by going straight ahead. That, and it would probably be confusing/annoying to be able to boost forward while on the ground and run. You'd probably wind up boosting when you wouldn't want to, or running when you wanted a quick boost.

And... how do you figure that you don't get to run as far? If you ask me, for the most part it seems like they got rid of limited sprint entirely. I mean... 9 times out of 10, if there's a limit to how long you can sprint... there's a perk to extend that. But in AW, all we have is Lightweight which increases your running speed. I'm actually enjoying running around non-stop with the akimbo SMG's (can't remember the name for the life of me) using the Gung Ho perk so i can fire while running. Absolutely epic combination.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Boost dodge would help when going forward as, as mentioned, there are quite a few "run away from bad guys" moments, coupled with the miniscule length that you can actually sprint for (5 sec if that), it would help greatly.

As for accidentally hitting boots when going to run, the amount of times I've been killed because i simply wanted to plain-strafe to cover only to have boost-dodge kick in and send me in to the path of incoming fire or in one case, send me over the edge off a building that had no railings. A moment made even more frustrating by the fact that on one of the "dont move until i say so" missions, you cant hide in the bushes the are right next to you on a forked path due to the game blocking them with an invisible wall, but yet you can fall off a building only to be checkpointed exactly were you fell off, it seems kinda stupid to make the player even be able to fall off.

There are just a bunch of silly design over sights that really shouldnt be there and make for blatant artificial difficulty that only ends up being frustrating.

7. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    You can boost forward on the ground by hitting C while you're sprinting....

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So same bull like by Ghosts then..

I really hate such proners, especially in COD BO2, trolls go prone 1m infront of you, fail.

9. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080

No it doesn't make you go prone if you hit it while you're sprinting like in previous games, it just gives you a quick boost forward. I feel like almost nobody knows about this, I don't see anyone in MP doing it but me.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  10. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Like he said... just hitting the Crouch button while running will do a boost slide. You don't go prone, though i think you do end up crouched at the end of it. Which is easy to avoid... start running again after you hit crouch.

I've yet to come across a scenario where dodging straight ahead was a recommended way of NOT getting killed. Usually all that would end up doing is putting me slightly further away from the person, yet still dead long before it'd be of any use.

And i still have yet to experience this "5 second sprint" thing....

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Hmm I haven't noticed being crouched afterward. It's extremely useful for not getting killed though. It can help you get behind something or through a door to cut off someone's line of sight. It's a good thing to get used to trying to stay out of line of sight, the main benefit to boosts, dodge, double jump IMO.

12. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    It also helps you catch people before they disappear somewhere.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    HT on or off in this game?

14. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I dunno.... it's rare that i actually DO boost slide... only said that since that's how sliding works most of the time... at least in Battlefield.

Gotta say i love ShareFactory. Neat little clip editing tool (though it can be a bit tricky to figure out sometimes). Put this little bit together of my two favorite kills from a match i played last night. First little bit i had to put in, simply because it's hysterical to punch someone off the top of a building after he had just boost jumped up to the roof. Second bit..... both shows off exactly how random the ability to actually punch someone can be, as well as a bit of a skeet shooting "PULL!" moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJepvUUNNSE

for the life of me can't remember what the tags are to embed the video....

15. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Anyone played since the patch? People are reporting better hit reg and less lag comp, I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet.

16. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    When was that update? I haven't had any in a few days.

17. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Today.

https://community.callofduty.com/thread/200912803

18. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Hasn't rolled out here in Canada yet at least on the west coast.I was just playing thinking jeez I hit that guy 10 times then he turns and kills me.So it is an irritation .

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I'll try it when i get my new videocard tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me whats best for this game HT on or off?

20. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Don't get your hopes up mate, it's the same.