Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) on Kepler?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by fr33jack, Sep 22, 2014.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Are you high?

2. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Possibility of downsampling from 4k and issues with 120+hz monitors are completely another matter in which DSR is a solution tho...so, being a rude to a person not a proper argument here :p So...fu very much good sir and good day to you.

@HeavyHemi,
    yes. All the time. Helps the brain cells work a lot more effective. Not the issue tho...can't see how it can be :D

PS. NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Neat...how does the control panel allow you do create a custom '4K' resolution on say a 60hz 1080p monitor?

4. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Are you kiddin me? You don't know about that "old" sh*t?..

[​IMG]

Here your 1080p default values for pixels and sh*t. And here you specify your custom res and ref rate: 8k, 4k or whatever. Then hit "test" and "save". Done...

...easy as sh*tting after gettin high! Tho if your monitor not a piece of sh*t :D But hey, you can always try Pixel Clock Patcher. But after introducing DSR...we don't give a f*ck about those stuff anymore...just hit the DSR button and choose your preferable blurriness level. Easy as fu...kinda very easy.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Oh...so what you *really* meant to say was using multiple *buttons* and testing various different settings you *might* be able to get downsampling. Why didn't you say so? Sorry man, *your* settings no workie for me. Oh well.

6. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Thats why they re-invented much easier downsampling "button"...cause majority of pc users doesn't even bother with "how to" on their advanced control panel...

And that is why I was so surprised on my original post about "After all of this hype and threads on different forums regard to DSR.." ...I just thought that majority of people are knows about this and not the other way around :)

And what that does mean "Sorry man, *your* settings no workie for me. Oh well. "?! :D My settings?! I get no credit for this (tho I understand your intensions of a joke on me)...this sh*t working for everyone for years. This sh*t is well known sh*t by everyone who are knows a slightly bit more than a brainless kid who buys himself a fisrt computer with Nvidia card :D

PS. Ignorance is bliss, right? I don't agree on that...but c'mon, "f*ck the intelligence" is a new young popular colture thing? Dat Bieber's generation...f*ck this planet...i'm outa here! :D

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Now that there is some pure comedy gold considering I was deep into computers/electronics before you were even born. I realize your 'knowledge' was copied off the internet. It's obvious. Too be more specific, the highest 'true' 16:9 resolution I can run is 3200x1800. And that comes out with more blur than using the same resolution with DSR. 3840x2160 will not work period and works fine with DSR. Not every system is just point and click using down sampling. Different systems have different results. Aren't you a bit old for your teen angst act?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  8. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    -Before I even born? What are you? A 60-70 years old dude? :)
    -Copied off the internet? Where else...of course it does. I do not claim to be a rocket scientist tho...
    -Default 4k downsampling works fine on my monitor...
    -Teen angst act? :D It all depends on what kind of sh*t im smoking atm and on what stage im currently in :D ..."Teen angst act" occasionally turns on on the last part of it.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Is there a way of activating DSR through Inspector only? Do i have to go through the Nvidia Control Panel?

10. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Nope, not yet anyway.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok thanks man.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Anyone know why using DSR on the desktop makes everything blurry ?

EDIT - Worked it out, needs smoothness slider moving in NVCP

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  13. marcvampire

marcvampire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    DSR doesn't seem to work for me with my 660 SLI setup. With it set to factor x2.00 / 33% which is the default, I have no option to increase my resolution above 1920x1080 either in Windows or in-game (so far have tried Thief and Tomb Raider) Tried setting it in Geforce Experience but it just give me a bizarre resolution of 4073x815 which in-game changes to 1080p 24hz..

any idea why this might be happening?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  14. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    @marcvampire

DSR doesn't work with SLI atm....

15. marcvampire

marcvampire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    oh i see, well that explains it! Even if i turn SLI off i still don't see any of the extra resolutions so i guess it still won't work with 2 cards plugged in.

Not that i'd want to try DSR on a single 660! It won't run many games very well in 1080p let alone 4K!

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It doesn't work with SLI + Gsync. afair you need to plug in a monitor which doesn't support Gsync, turning it off doesn't help.

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Sure it does. He has some other issue if he's not running a G-Sync monitor.

18. marcvampire

marcvampire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    oh really? I'm not using gsync, just have the pc hooked up to my plasma.