Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    my friend has AMD and whenever it launches it goes to a black screen and says steam must be running and it has a bunch of crash dumps. it also crashes on The Vanishing of Ethan Carter 64 bit.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    sometimes quick steam restart fixes it, or reinstall (overwrite with new installer) or delete appcache and let it regenerate on next boot.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/discussions/0/864978762502868488/

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    No the VPN software i use, it shows the ping.

I had all green bars when i played multiplayer.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    So far i find it worth the 14 euro i paid for the russian version, i can play just fine.

For now i'll wait till i get my extra 4gb ram, it's unplayable.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I wonder why my FPS is so low, i see people running it max on a gtx460 smoothly.

I had to disable HBAO+ till i get a decent fps but it was still not smooth enough.

6. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Really enjoying this game.

Compared to past version of COD this one rox.
    Running on AMD 7970m and it is smooth.

Disable DOF disable cache and everything else max with smaa 1x

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Finally finished downloading:

Heres what ive tried thus far via inspector for a constant smooth 60fps with sli...to no avail that is:

Fps ranged from 35 - 60, depending on how much was going on, on screen. Though sometimes even a simple scene with not much going on would tank fps for some reason. So far Single gives the best performance out of any of the sli bits I've tried.

All settings are max and using SMAA T2, Shadow Map Res is at high and SSAO set to HBAO+. Using driver 344.60.

The below setting are off:
    • All Pre-cache/Preload options (turning these on gave me stutter)
    • DOF
    • Motion Blur
    • SuperSampling
    Cutscenes have audio popping.

I guess you know you need to upgrade when you cant run a COD game:D Which is a shame as these 580s would probably have a few year left in them if i could only slap a bit more vram on them. Seems a waste that they only put 1.5gb, i guess thats why they released a 3.5gb variant. 580 is the new 8800gt imo.

Also, as far as SP is concerned, easily the best since MW1. Like i said in another thread, not so dude bro hoorah or cheesy etc. Characters are likable and the gunplay has things that iv never seen in an fps before. CODs back.

Edit: Running at 1080p. For reference, im running Alien:Iso at 1700p at max @ 60fps, with short dips ( a few seconds, or when looking at some interactive consoles ) to 55.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  8. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Yup the cutscenes do have that audio popping can confirm that.
    Certainly has me back too with COD...

9. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I can't even run at a straight 60 with everything at max and 4x SSAA with my overclocked 290. Maxing out with a 460 is never, ever going to happen. :funny:

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    For me, the game runs as id expect it to with a single 580, but with sli and even at decent scaling, it certainly doesnt run as well as it should. Even turning down settings is of no real help outside of SuperSampling and resolution.

11. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Great game really enjoyed it.
    Highly recommend everyone to reach final level and enjoy the mass destruction..
    Sounds like one of charcters is like Jason Statham, there is a bit of Crysis, ghost recon future soldier and transformers in it..

:)

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Setting SSAO to OFF and Shadow Map Resolution to Normal has removed all stutter for me with everything else maxed, though just had my first crash (forth mission). Maybe SSAO is bugged similar to the issue with Thief 4.

Edit: This game seems to suffer from the same problem as Aliens: I, where some computers/access terminals light sources cause a massive fps tank. Specifically
    on the mission Manhunt, where you need to press F to put you exo-skeleton on.

13. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I mistakenly had Mouse Smooth off in the controls which made everything appear choppy.

14. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Hey boobies, Nvidia defaults in 0x080000F1, 334.60. Have you tried that?

Also they released 3GB and not 3.5GB 580s, ohh man only if that time we knew what the future had in store.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks just tried, but no difference. This game is weird, on Manhunt, just before you press F to put the suit on, i step out on to the balcony to test the sli bits you posted and have a general look around (fps was fine - 60ish). Then after i press F and put the suit on, step out onto the balcony and fps has halved:3eyes:

Re 580: Ah, my mistake. If only we had known indeed:pc1:

16. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Try 0x080040F5

Professor Nano's last try! (this may have major flickering at the cost of good scaling). Try this and 0x000040F5, disable motion blur (or any blur, even dof) and try.

That would explain the drops you've been experiencing, another thing to try is 0x080010F5

17. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    If anyone was having problem with the Steam overlay and MSI Afterburner I found a fix in the Reddit comments.

Did this and now it works fine.

18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    for me the Cutscenes only stutter after loading is complete.

If I disable vsynce. there is no audio problems. but then my fps goes through the roof when loading complete.

but why does the fps change in Cutscenes after loading?

before loading finishes. Cutscenes plays at 30fps. after loading the Cutscenes instantly fly to 200fps..

19. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Reinstalling Steam might fix it or delete app cache folder in base Steam directory.