Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Improstor

Improstor Guest

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte G1 970
    Now sir, you forced me to create an account here.

Becouse I cannot thank you enough! Since release I have spend several hours trying to find SLI profile that might actually work. Till I have found you :)

I'm happy to say that this settings work with 344.60 (at least on my PC). Stutter gone, FPS at 90. GPU's load is 50-65% and stable (not skipping from 50 to 70 every second as did in many previous attempts).

2. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Thank you very much for this profile, removing graphical glitches in character here works great, this shows once again that Nvidia is not bothered at all by creating good profiles SLI and that it works with developers is a lie, the truth is Nvidia is playing lately I'm pretty moral and tired of being laughed their consumers.

3. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    So the game hasn't worked for over 2 hours now, constantly kicked mid game back to the lobby with lost connection errors. It's almost impossible to enjoy this game, with all the lag, lag comp and now disconnections it's a total **** show.

4. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    im trying really hard to enjoy this game but the stuttering and hitches makes it difficult to play the game. turning on/off graphical settings doesnt make any difference. boggles the mind how they can release a defective product like this.

makes u take for granted when some developers chose to delay their game to polish it. cutting corners isnt something new to sledgehammer games.

5. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Currently playing SP mode and the game is 100% smooth in every mission so far (5th mission), on a system very similar to yours. My basic settings:

DISPLAY OPTIONS:
    - Screen Refresh Rate = 60 (or whatever yours is)
    - Sync Every Frame = Yes
    - Monitor Aspect Ratio = Wide 16:9 (or whatever) (do not leave it on Auto)

TEXTURE OPTIONS:
    - Texture Quality = Manual (then set the 4 settings to suit your system)

SHADOW OPTIONS:
    - Cache Sun Shadow Maps = OFF
    - Cache Spot Shadow Maps = OFF

ANTI-ALIASING OPTIONS:
    - Post Process Anti-Aliasing = Off or FXAA or SMAAx1 (if your system can handle it).
    Note: Some say FXAA makes the textures look blurred. If so turn off AA or try SMAAx1.
    - Supersampling = OFF

SHADER PRELOAD:
    - Shader Preload = ON

Important: I enable this option for else it causes massive slowdowns for a long while after
    a mission started (while the game loads textures). But turning it ON means that the load
    time before levels becomes VERY long, and also that you cannot skip the level intro movie
    while a level loads. But for me this is the better option, as the game is then smoother.
    Note: If the level intro movie is bothersome while you're testing new settings then
    temporarily set shader preload to OFF. It will halve load times and you'll be able to
    skip the movie after a few seconds. Set it back to ON when done testing.

- Shader Preload during Cinematics = ON

Note: If this causes cutscene audio stutter or cutscene voice sync problems during level
    load movies then set it to OFF, but note that it may then cause longer load times.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
  7. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Not fixed for me.

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Might just be lag/lag compensation. It's really, really, REALLY bad.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    The hitching that I experienced when my FPS switched between 90 & 91 on multi-player has been resolved by having shader preload on.

Oddly enough, the description of this setting even mentions that it resolves hitching :rolleyes:

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Still no issues for me, apart from the regular disconnects yesterday.
    I even like the hit detection, which is rather strange.
    In BO2, it either felt really unfair it totally overpowered. This time around though it just feels right, like I'm hitting just what I'm seeing. Haven't seen this since they've been using "better" servers the last time, for example in BO or WaW.
    With post AA set to 1x SMAA and 4x SSAA, it even looks really nice and sharp.

PS: setting mouse input to 2 was a good advice also?
    !

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Hmm my guess is that due to your location your ping isn't very good and thus other people in the game are getting lag compensated thus making hit detection for you not a problem. For many of us we can empty an entire clip into someone without registering a single hit.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's the other way around actually. I'm sitting right next to the biggest internet backbone in Europe, single-digit ping.
    Lots of people around, especially on PC.

13. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Except the problem is that most people playing the game are in America so when you get matched with them, you're probably in the minority so probably have a high ping compared to the host. That kind of distance creates a good amount of lag, no matter whether you're near a large internet backbone or not. I also really don't think the pings you see in game are at all relevant to actual lag.

All that aside, the fact still stands that most people are having serious hit detection issues. Just google it you'll find many videos showing this.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Any one get the Clan invites to work?

16. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    +1

Seems as we move forward with new games they make them buggier and glitchy.
    There is stuttering for me during open city areas whereas indoors runs fine. Like its loading something and its too slow to load it.

17. Arabaldo

Arabaldo Active Member

GPU:
    1070Ti
    This single setting did it for me to...read somewhere to have it in the off state...so wrong

18. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    With Shader Preload On, sometimes you wont get into some games...very annoying.

Anyone else annoyed with tapping A/D to strafe? So used to CS/BF from strafing isde to side...end up doing the stupid EXO move.

Also it appears your FPS is tied to your mouse sensitivity, the lower your frame rate, the lower response you will get, and to make things more interesting...mouse acceleration is on.

7970, BF4, 64 players, max settings, 90+fps.
    CODAW, some max settings, some off...some maps like those open areas...40fps -_-...

i honestly donno what to do. The P2P has brought my inner rage back...i think i a going back to BF4 until this is fixed..but i fear by then this game will be dead on PC.

For anyone out there thinking..dont bother getting on PC, get it on Console. Game is balanced around console as well, you die insanely fast right now..like insane...

19. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    Console aimbots out already, CodAW Day Zero, console videos out with people aimbotting on xbox1/ps4

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Interesting, do you have a link?