Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
  2. spekgat7

spekgat7 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Tried this and it works fine. Thanks.

The FOV is CODAW (SP) is kind of strange. It doesn't seem to be entirely Vertical FOV, but it's also certainly not true Horizontal FOV, for if I use this tool and set it to FOV 90, it starts looking fish-eyed, while true Horizontal FOV 90 (on a 16:9 monitor) is very far from fish-eyed in other games.

Also, the default FOV does not look like Horizontal FOV 65, which will be incredibly narrow.

Hmmm...

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Where do I find zombie mode at?

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    :bang:

5. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Seems tied to Vsync. Turning it off or using Adaptive stops it.

6. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    cut scenes are in delay.
    same goes for in-game ones.. anyone can confirm its a problem
    with older drivers or its also happens with the new set ?

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It happens both.

8. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    First. Link to that "promise" I've not seen it anywhere.

Second. We were promised rentable dedicated servers after the launch crunch of Ghosts. It was verified in a tweet by IW. And we know how that turned out.

Edit Found the tweet.
    https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/387307125396885505

Glad I'm sitting this one out.

And a quick question. Does this game employ any anti-cheat?
    I've not seen that anywhere either.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    This was 2 days ago:

5. Zombies are coming ... eventually

First there were rumors that "Advanced Warfare" would include a zombie-killing mode, which has been popular in past iterations of "Call of Duty." There were rumors Monday that zombies would only be available via the $50 Season Pass that gives players access to all extra downloadable content, much to the displeasure of reviewers and fans alike. Those rumors were quashed when Activision reportedly confirmed that game developer Sledgehammer is working on a Zombie Mode that will be downloadable as a one-off addition at some point in the future. The publisher did not specify a date.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    After you unlock all EXO SURVIVAL Mode maps within Advanced Warfare you can access the ZOMBIE bonus round. You play it after completing the first 10 rounds of the Tier 4 map, Riot. The Zombies come from the previously exposed DNA Bomb at the beginning of round 11. After that you'll be told to pick up a weapon and survive. Kill enough of these zombies and you will be prompted to escape for an Ending Cutscene

11. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    anyone managed to get a crossfire profile working for this yet, im getting terrible corrupt textures on certain weapons and scences

12. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    This game is unplayable for me, massive frame drops, with everything turned max except caches, basicly the setings guru3d used + HBO+ on 1080p and the game has frame drops of 30fps and more, switches from 120 to 60fps in no time...

I had to increase page file to 5000 so the game wouldn´t crash because of samsung ssd and i have my cpu stock, is tehere anything i can do to play this smooth?

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
  14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  15. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Thanks all that replied,yes I was using Afterburner version 3 and now with 4 v all good.
    Cutscenes run @30s (no matter what you run @ ingame)and game's loading much stuff = video - audio unsync, devs will have to patch this out IMO..
    true that with no v-sync they run smoother,most of the times.

Also,the more u play the more/newer stuff needs to be cached and the previous needs to be un-cached thats why we have these "spikes" and cutscenes SOMETIMES are out of sync(they 've been "flushed"). I am pretty sure that a patch will come and then Nvidia will make few optimizations...

This is one of the few games I've seen that uses so much the pagefile (maybe the only one which depends so much on it..) .

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Something was updated, there will probably be some patch notes released soon showing what was patched.

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Very odd. We have the same gpu and im running the game maxed out with 2x supersampling and its never dropped below 60.

18. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Is it just me or are the animations appallingly bad in this game, I had to laugh as I watched my team mates climb the stairs, it looks like something from benny hill, I think they're speeded up too much or something, and why am I forced to watch the same cut scene over and over when all I want to do is change a few graphics settings, I'm not even finished with the first mission in campaign mode and I think I'm ready to uninstall.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  19. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    To me the game doesn´t drop below 80, the thing is it´s fluctuation from 120fps to 80 or so. Increasing the page file on the HDD and SSD to 8000 helped a bit...

Dam, what´s wrong with this game?

20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Disable shader preloading to fix the video looping problem.