Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Still my favourite BMW model, despite being old by now - love the looks :)

Edit: but not so much the rims :p

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Guys, I've been seriously thinking about this for a while. (ok a month or less) After I'm done travelling next year, I want to start building a Listerbell Lancia Stratos!
    http://www.listerbell.com/

You can buy the parts in groups, and that helps out a lot. Some parts I will source locally to save on shipping costs; rims, engine, cooling, brake system, seats.
    This kit can fit a 3.5L V6 270HP engine from a Toyota/Lexus. I think that is plenty of power for a car that will weigh about 2,200 lbs. I can even use a Corolla engine to get it moving.

Doing the math, it will cost about $35K and at least 3-4 years to finish building slowly as money comes in. The thought about having my dream car before I'm 34 years old is too exciting for me!
    I'm always so close to buying a new car every year, but I'm not dependant on a car, so I just forget about it.
    Well that's the plan in my head. I'm loving my job right now, and see myself here for a few years because it gives me the flexibility to have a hobby and travel.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    [​IMG]

:p

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    :D

Cheers dude. :)
    If you like those then I'll post some much better pics I took down South a few months ago...:)

SI is like a different country. Sorta like Colorado Rockies vs Southern OH. :p

The facelift E39 is the only BMW I ever liked. I wasn't fussed on the mags either at first and wanted a Motorsport, but now I prefer these.

After the E39 it all went sideways thanks to Chris Bangle's fuucked up design ideas, not to mention iDrive which requires users to have MCSE certification just so they can tune the stereo.

Strangely I was looking for another Subaru tLegacy but couldn't find one I wanted. Subaru's are awesome especially the AWD - as nm+ knows. :p
    Then I researched BMW's but tbh I was skeptical of the hype surrounding the E39 it, to me it sounded like fanboi bs.

Well, I have never been more wrong. :D

Anyway I'm going to stop here before I start writing a novel on what a goddamn amazing piece of German engineering that car is. :p

EDIT
    - ^^^except for the cupholders - which are total crap and next to useless.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Nice buy I would peel it off the quarter glass looks odd there.

Why is there no LS1 in it yet? And my buddy just got rear-ended in his S14 with an SR in it poor guy just put Tein Flex coil overs on it now it's totaled.

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Figured I'd better get some stuff done on my car before winter kicks in; dropped the exhaust to fix the manifold studs and weld in an O2 wideband port, stripped down the rer suspension again to sort out the ride height and anti-roll bar clearance problem I was having. Fixed up the rear fuel lines, bled the brakes and re-wired some stuff. Also replaced the fuel tank sender unit and finally fitted the front airdam, bumper and turn signals; my car has a face again!

Once I get the flux capacitor fitted this thing is going back to the future :infinity: hover cars unite!

[​IMG]

7. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Downhill mode ? :D

Those NA BMW sixes really make a sonorous sound.

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I really can't wait until you finish this thing. It's been what, a nearly 8 year project now? Or has it been ten?

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    [​IMG]
    image uploader

Here's what I ended up replacing the Magnum with, smaller but man this guy is fun!

10. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    It's now really muddy - but was good while it lasted.

[​IMG]

Random Panda action shot...

[​IMG]

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Very nice Vince! Haha, we both have Ford products now :)

Did you get that with the CVT or the 5 speed manual? The latter is quite a rare option.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol, it was actually. :D 2AM no one around on a 10Km straight stretch of motorway, just wanted to see what it could do.
    Strangely enough my owners manual says 530i steptronic are limited to 244 (152).

And yeah the M54 sure sounds sweet when it's angry. :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Damn check this out....Auckland Motorway near me.

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My current compact ride. Blast to drive not the fastest but way faster then my 2.0L citroen c4 was. 8-8.5s 0-100km/h when driven correctly on sport mode.

On a winding road this thing oh yes \o/

And when driving economically I get 45mpg. Usually more on the side of 40 tho.

15. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I wanted the ST hatch but Kistler didn't have any in! Actually none of the Ford dealers in the area had one in, and cost too!

Wanted a hatchback still but couldn't find one under 20K, with my discounts I got the SE at $20k. I like it a lot! Good size, good space, and great little acceleration on this guy! I did look at a Fiesta ST, but it was way too small for my liking.

We took it to Florida last week, 38 mpg! My Magnum only got about 28 mpg highway!

16. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Nor can I, believe me! I think it's been 4 years but it damn well feels like 10, finding the time is the problem and I miss my old garage :(

I love the spotlights on the front of that Panda; squint really hard so you can't even see it and it could be a rally car :D

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The ST hatch has to be special ordered from Ford at both Kistler & Brondes (And presumably Matthews too). I asked about it too at Brondes and that's what I was told. They don't carry them normally, and they don't allow test drives either. Kinda lame. It's also $32,000. But regardless, congrats. Enjoy the mileage, hehe. I only get about 28 highway in this thing, but I'm okay with that because I don't drive much.

Well at least you're almost there! Not much more to go now.

18. Skyline1010

Skyline1010 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 650Ti Boost
    *picture was too big

19. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Took me 18 months to sort the Saab out and I was reeeally struggling with motivation toward the end because the car was outside - 4 years on must be a real challenge.

The Datsun is looking lush - you're so close now by the sounds of it! It'll be epic when it's done!

Haha thanks - the headlights are quite feeble in these, this seemed like the best option :)

It has been off-piste occasionally, so it was like a really slow rally car, at least...

[​IMG]

20. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I had a Taurus before and it was fun driving it for being underpowered. Had the SES 01! Only bad thing about it is it had the series X transmission, which only lasts without needing any repair on the seals and gears about 160k.

I test drove the new SHO just for giggles, and man that thing was a beast. If only I had the money to drop on that. :D