Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    ps4 keeps more stable outdoors while x1 keeps more stable indoors. But 60fps should be the aim. We won't be getting there most of the time tho since the consoles ain't that powerful.

2. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    I have recently got COD AW and what a great game it is IMO.

However I am sick to absolute **** of hearing **** coming through my speakers (other peoples mics) I am also sick of constantly trying to fumble around muting people over and over and over and over while I could be creating classes or basically doing other things.

Is there a way to completely disable ANY voices coming through my speakers, other than turning off my PS4, turning off my Speakers, or selling my PS4 and buying an X1 (again)

Cheers.

I just don't wanna hear ANYBODY AT ALL through my speakers.

EDIT: OK I may have found a way, create party, then select prioritize party chat, needs more testing but hopefully it works, however if that's the only way to do it that's awful.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I do agree with you. 90% of the time I find myself muting all. Do I want to hear other people's family in the background talking about random rubbish while hearing nothing else? No. Or the 13 year old who really shouldn't be playing a 18 rated game in the first place.

It isn't hard to press the 'mute all' button for a specific game to be honest.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I keep reading how underpowered these consoles are, but they're much more powerful than last gen? We should be able to see some decent things come from them graphically?

The order 1886 looks like it will drop jaws, no?

5. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Enjoying COD:AW on ps4 tbh, nice visuals, best cod in long time imo.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    No idea what will be jaw dropping tbh. It looks cinematic I give that game that for now. I think uncharted will be the next benchmark tbh and jaw dropping game, I think Ryse and Killzone were graphically pretty awesome.

While these consoles are underpowered they are what 5-10 times more powerful then last gen. And have RAM that was the biggest problem with last gen. We have 8gigs instead of 512mb.

Underpowered talk comes from the fact that ps3 and 360 were really damn close in power to high end pcs when they came out. These not so much.

7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ditto. MUCH better than Ghosts could have ever DREAMED of! People may have shunned it for adding the exo-suits... but i think it's just what the game needed to add that extra dimension to the game. Makes things a lot more unpredictable. And so far, the campaign is pretty damn good, too.... another thing Ghosts lacked, to me (don't even think i finished it, actually).

I'm just SOOOOOOO godawful glad they didn't follow suit with Ghosts and use the stupid Unlock Token BS for multiplayer gear. HATED that! Killed any sort of reason for me to play multiplayer constantly. Just buy the stuff you like, and you pretty much have no other point to play the game.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    The long cycle of ps3/360 made this new gen harder to catch up to current pc's. Still, being 5 to 10x more powerful and having all that ram and being closer to metal, I would think some good looking stuff is coming. PC has all the power but is held down by console ports...damn shame.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Considering AI's are already proving how underpower the cpu is in console there is gona be trade offs, Graphics VS AI, Framerate VS resolution.

IMO those CPU's are the reason why the current consoles are terrible, Hell there is benchmarks of PS3 cell chip having more raw power then current consoles which is sad
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Clobbers-Xbox-One-Ubisoft-GPU-Benchmark-67877.html

THose Mobile Lower power CPU/APU where bad ideas at lest the low GHZ was, if not them as whole. AMD imo mistake too they have not made good cpu in years and they are way behind the curve when put up again intel even the low end i3/i5 would been better choice. which would been similar priced.

Exclusives are only thing left consoles have that make them better. I told my self last gen ps3/360 if next gen consoles cant handle 1080p and 60FPS are at bare min keep 30 fps at all time. the ps3/360 gen would be my last gen i get consoles or be willing to pay for console. And this why I still haven't bought 1.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Seems such that GTA 5 is locked 1080p 30fps on ps4 and x1, which makes me think that undoubtedly the ps4 could do a bit more. The option to unlock it would be nice but I guess this would be better than the 25fps party on ps3.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    but dont get me wrong I am still impressed by what the ps3 can do these days. Though I believe come end of this current cycle of consoles I wont be as impressed by them in terms of what they do in comparison to ps3. 5+ more years of consoles slowing down PC development and poor ports

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Lack of money slows down PC development not consoles, Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen will push gaming PC's and that is because they have alot of money behind them.

Personally i've been very impressed with what the PS4 has managed to achieve at such an early stage, and even if it had a GTX980 and a i7 5960x inside it, there would still be lots of devs who would cap the framerate at 30fps and crank up the visuals.

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Unreal4 engine next year (lots of games) and Luminous engine whenever that happens, Snowdrop if ubi does it right and few more.

Im most excited about Luminous, then Unreal4 engine games and the rest..

Imagine current SquareEnix games @ Luminous engine as in this FinalFantasy preview,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmaotBON9NM
    its like animated movies style or gfx by CGI trailers

imo that's what real next-gen is all about, get closer to those kind of visuals, so far proper U4E (Infiltrator demo) and Luminous does a pretty fine job.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    The engines are great! Considering the lack of power 360 and ps3 had vs new consoles we haven't seen anything yet even if they go "we maximized the potential durdur with some games". ff15 is going to be luminous and yea it is looking awesome. Even Zelda from what we have seen on Wii U looks damn pretty and that console is only some 2-3 times more powerful then 360 or ps3.

I am paying for UE4 atm we are making a game with it. The engine is a blast to work with even tho it has less functionality then ue3 had at the end of it's lifespan.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    No doubt about it good looking stuff is coming. And it gives more leeway to pcs considering the x86 + gcn architecture in the consoles. I just hope they won't aim for parity cause that would suck. They should let ps4 versions be bit better as they can be and pc versions be whole a lot better. Making a game scale should be way easier this gen.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    When most games are made for consoles first them ported to the pc as an after though, yes consoles are to blame, There are almost no more PC exclusive companies left they all went to consoles, cause they can charge more for the consoles version.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.