Nvidia Geforce 344.60 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bradders684, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Jabdah

Jabdah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970
    nice ...NV

We are one !

One driver for all...kick all the lang files, maybe that will reduce the driver size :)

2. OldSnake

OldSnake Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Titan Black SLI
    Yeah, I can confirm this - I was tasked out by Outlook because of a spam mail and when I tasked back there was some weird effect, flickering all over the screen.

3. OldSnake

OldSnake Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Titan Black SLI
    That is most likely due to the new patch for Lords of the Fallen that came out earlier today and not due to the new driver.

4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Changing SLI mode to AFR2 makes the game run better.

5. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Runs Fine with my Rig..Wishing for 3DVision with NBA 2K15..:)

6. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Update

Final Fantasy XIV, as previously posted

[​IMG]

Battlefield 4 @1440p which runs fine:

[​IMG]

I don't know if the problem can be diagnosed from here but that's something intriguing.

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Something has to be wrong with the card. You did RMA it right? I'm sticking to 60fps vsync at 2K (1440p) maxed with FXAA off since I don't like the blur FXAA gives. I was able to do the same with a single GTX 780, then bumped up to 780 SLI for games like BF4 in the past, and still had no issues.

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but have you tried a different video BIOS? Even if it's not for your exact model, you could try another Gigabyte BIOS?

8. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    i didn't RMA yet because Manuel replied despite not being helpful and saying they couldn't reproduce the problem.

So i've posted the usage of FF14 and BF4 above.

Every game runs fine except FF14.

Yes, i've updated the BIOS, didn't do anything.

EDIT; Why do you keep insisting when you have a 980 and i have a 970? You know they are optimized individually right? Just look at some releases notes when a specific GPU issue fix is mentioned, and you'll understand.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  9. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    I dont think I have ever hated a driver more than this garbage. My gtx 980 sli has never been so sluggish when running COD: Aw or Bf4. Why the hell would you call this a game ready driver for Cod:Aw when the only thing this driver seems to do is break it. It looked kinda odd when this driver sets afr1 in sli mode for COD, when in previous drivers all you had to do was either add aw exe to ghost profile or create a new one and set afr2. Using the same settings as 344.40, my gpu usage has gone up 30-40% with unplayable stuttering and fps drops with these drivers.

I suggest peeps who own COD avoid these drivers. One of the worst Nvidia drivers to date

10. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    @EL1TE are you sure it's not CPU bottleneck? You said you have performance trouble only in town, right? I've never played that game, but i did play plenty of other mmo's and that sounds like a cpu bottleneck to me. Also, seeing that your GPU usage was 46%...i'm inclined even more to think that.

Sorry if i missed any info from other pages. I didn't check.

OT: these drivers seem to be ok for me. No problems so far. Not sure if placebo or not but the performance seems a tiny bit better in BL the pre-sequel, specifically in heavy physx situations.

11. David3k

David3k Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics Processing Unit
    So, I'm wondering if these newer WHQL drivers further reduce CPU usage, or has nvidia forgotten about that already and are putting all their eggs in the DX12 basket?

Does anyone have cpu usage comparisons from the first WHQL "CPU optimized" drivers released awhile back and the current ones?

Gods, I miss sites that did benchmarks on every driver release. (If you sites are still out there, I'm still here, and I still love yooooouuuuu)

As far back as I can remember, packages were at least twice that, WHQL detonator and forceware, anyway.

Though I do recall the "optimized" driver packs from third parties did get close to 10 megs sometimes, but YMMV with the nvidia ones, the ati Omega packs were pretty decent.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  12. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Yes i'm sure it's no CPU bottleneck, the only difference in performance i see is when i lower graphics settings, i guess that says everything.

Still i've raised my overclock even further, was at 4.2Ghz with the 570, raised to 4.6Ghz and made absolutely no difference.

Now it's at 4.4Ghz because i don't like high voltages to maintain the 4.6

13. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    I did too, and most of the time it's a crappy game engine.
    e.g. good old Lineage 2 was giving me 5-10 fps during sieges, almost 3 years past and I tried it with the new 670 SLI and CPU overclocked to 4.9GHz - 20-30 fps, still the same dips depending on the number of players nearby.

Drivers and hardware can't help if the game is a total mess.

14. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Seems like the last 2 sets do not like 780's, or at least oc'd or factory oc'd 780's.

After what happened with the last set, I think I'll skip testing these.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    due to the dsr function and it bug around the mouse I went back to 344.48 as those driver work for what i need and i dont feel like get random surprises

16. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    So fps is the same in dsr on my gtx 670, looks like i'm going to have to wait till big maxwell until i see that 1-2% (relative to resolution/downsampling level) hit people are talking about.

17. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Max stable oc remains the same as 344.48.

[​IMG]

18. alvaro761991

alvaro761991 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 850m
    this driver gave me sudden fps drops on bf3 with my gtx850m had to uninstall...

19. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    let us know how AMD works out for ya.

20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great driver for me so far :)