WATCH DOGS Merged MOD

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Marduk, Sep 6, 2014.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I prefer stable 30 FPS too. What I really don't like in WD when playing above 30 FPS it's freaky fast movement of Aiden's coat when it get blown by strong wind.

2. Wasser

Wasser New Member

I don't understand how you guys can play at 30 fps. I tried that but it is so stuttery and laggy....

3. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yeah his coat physic goes ape**** when the fps get over 40-50 , and they added a 120hz refresh rate mod lol

4. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Hey guys, i've been making my own mod and testing stuff.
    I found two parameters in defaultrenderconfig that can make reflections of the trees more detailed:
    in <Geometry> section (vanilla values)
    RealtreeReflectionMinLODLeaf="3"
    RealtreeReflectionMinLODTrunk="4"

To increase the quality you have to lower these values to "1"
    I noticed in Marduk's xml these parameters untouched on all quality id's except "ultra" - it's set "...LODTrunk="5" that is actually lowers the quality of the trunk.

How I found it: I was testing crazy values in all sections and in the game I noticed that trees didn't have the reflection of the leaves only ugly peace of trunk without limbs. So i set them to "1" and I saw pretty amazing result! And no performance drop!

Marduk, you definitely need to change defaultrenderconfig soon!

6. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    wow good find txgt ! ther's a similar settings that increase all the shadow quality :

EnableCSMShadows="0"

if you set it to 1, you'll have crazy good shadow quality for everything, but it make smoke/fog buggy and flashing

to put shadow quality in perspective in the PS4 reveal ( the pharmacy chase ) demo they used shadow with quality set to " high "

7. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I found blender and the script but how do I open xbg with a script???

Is this one is the right script? -> http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6862

8. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    i have no idea about that, never even tried , i only know that you have to " import " the xbg file

9. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Are you sure that enabling CSM is making shadows better? Why then in vanilla they are only enabled in "ps3" and "xenon" configs? Why enabling super quality shadows for past-gen consoles with weak hardware and disabling them for PS4, XONE and PC ???

10. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    if you enable CMS you'll notice very sharper shadow with nearly no aliasing, the tree shadow is very impressive , and for example if you go under the bridge in that pharmacy location you'll see the bridge casting a form of shadow that dosnt even exist when disabling CMS

i find it good looking, maybe someone would find it unrealistic, maybe thats why they disabled it, maybe they couldnt fix the bugs that it causes on next gen but worked good on old gen

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014

11. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    where in the patch_unpack is enginerenderconfig.xml located?

12. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    engine\settings defaultrenderconfig.xml

13. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    So after 2 hours of figuring this "blender" thing out I finally opened "lm_cloud_gate.xbg". It's indeed the model of "Forever Sculpture". I tried to open the other file "lm_cloud_gate_high.xbgmip" but it don't support "xbgmip".
    Not necessarily "xbgmip" file contains the texture we need, so we have to keep looking this texture:

[​IMG]

14. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Making this sculpture reflect more might not look so good because a lot of the ground doesnt have a reflection map. For example if you look in a window of a subway you will see floting trees and half made buildings

15. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Anyone know something about 'blur' that looks a bit like GTA 3 "trails" effect?

I mean I can post screenshot, but I'm sure you all noticed this especially when in 15-25 fps, it does look cool on trees when they're in motion of windy enviroment making "smooth" movements, but on actual nps, or aiden's movement it's just out of place. Any way to disable this competly?

16. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    Thank you so much. Now it works almost perfectly. I noticed some problems still only on some surfaces.

Screenshots dry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    are there any mods for animations? I see E3 animations for civs and there are also the animations for Aiden walking and running. If no one has made a mod for this how come? do the other animations just not work? Also, These animation are in MAB format, what program do we use to open these?

18. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    where did you saw E3 animations in the game files ? i only know that his E3 walking/runing animations are now used as transition animations

19. kekuncias

kekuncias Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
  20. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    You seeing things that are not there. There's no water falling from the edges it's just the rain. And the train light is actually a light from the headlights of the turning car. Just take a look one more time.