WATCH DOGS Merged MOD

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Marduk, Sep 6, 2014.

1. yok833

yok833 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 gaming 4gb
    Hello, I have not been on the forum for a while.... could you please let me know the difference between all the different textures: best performance, best visual, etc...

Many thanks

2. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
  3. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    Hey, could this be the same Razor?
    I swear I've used this software somewhere before, but during a google search, I found THIS THREAD as well as this guy's website:

http://razorsql.com/docs/how_to_binary.html

There is a guy named Razor that has a software package that includes a binary to hex (and more) converter... If this is the same person, maybe he has a copy of the stand-alone kicking around?

4. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    Maybe I was mistaken about that converter, but did it just convert values you manually enter or were you looking to translate an entire XML file in one shot? At first I thought there were Binhex 4.0 encoded files...

I guess I'm curious as to what made the Razor converter so special... I found these for pasting the values in, but I could understand if all the tedious back and forth was saved by a conversion tool that "read" the file and produced a result in a side-by-side comparison and allowed you to edit that file and save it back...

http://babbage.cs.qc.cuny.edu/IEEE-754.old/32bit.html

http://babbage.cs.qc.cuny.edu/IEEE-754/index.xhtml

5. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540

you can share with all of us, all the files needed to have this same quality graphics?:wanker::):nerd:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  6. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    simply awesome share pls

7. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    its still buggy, the sidewalk tile dosnt get dry , they keep being wet even at day and whent its not raining, am trying to fix that

8. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    No that's not it. I tried them and they give me the wrong values.
    You see, these converters understand only the traditional "hex" and "binary". In WD all the values are coded in some kind of combination of "binary" and "hex". And RaZoR Binhex converter somehow doing it right.
    Boss, Yizan, Lunayah, TheWorse - they're all still must have that proggy on their hard drives, I just can't get in touch with them.

9. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    Ahhh... Ok, good to know...
    I've only just started modding WD and having a bit of fun, but I'll keep a lookout for the program as I've been lurking around some FarCry sites looking for ideas and if there are some things I can use.

10. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    ive found a fix for the sidewalk reflection mod, now it get properly dry when its not raining, however the reflection is a bit weaker, good trade off , will upload it later

11. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    waiting for the mod. You may post two screenshots of wet and dry please? :)

12. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    hi, can you say how do you edit the xbt

, i mean wich properties?

I registerd by playing that the sidewalk nnear the theatre(e3 location) has a great ferlecting, and a few "meters" after passing a Street theres nearly the same sidefalk with a unsharp reflection.

I Can make short pics on monday if my ecplaination is too bad....

13. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Can you make "Forever Sculpture" reflection more visible and sharper like you made the sidewalk tiles?

[​IMG]

14. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    its simple the reflection settings of each texture are in the " m " version, every texture has D,M,N version, D is the normal , N is the specular i believe and M is i dont know .. i just know thats the texture that has the reflection settings :nerd:

so what i did is i took the N texture ( N textures are usually are all brown ) of a marble tile and replace every sidewalk road M texture with that marble N texture, you can try other texture , for example if you take a marble tile M the you'll get A LOT of reflection just like in the video/screenshots i posted , but the problem is that they dont get dry, at least i couldnt get theme dry, maybe with another texture ...

as for the E3 location sidewalk, i tried to replace the other side sidewalk, but it dosnt work, the reflection on that side seems to be disabled somewhere

15. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yes sure i can try, where is the texture located ?

16. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  17. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
  18. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    I thought I'd share this.
    While I was playing I noticed that things like civis and cars reflect on water.

This then got me thinking if water had a different specular reflection than the roads do.

I then thought that if it is possible to make the roads reflect the same things that water does.

Just a theory tho, I don't know much about this kind of stuff.

Sorry if my terminology is incorrect! lel

19. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    This huge list is useless and is a waste of time. It will be much faster if you browse folders checking xbt's in xbtview.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  20. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    thats what i did, i moded the roads texture to reflect more stuff and get that glossy effect on them like in the E3 demo, but ther's alot of road texture , i have to find theme all