HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I have to say I doubt it. But you never know.

ALSO:

HBAO+ in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (2010) is impossible. Literally every flag causes a performance drop to about 15FPS and little GPU usage. Or there are massive glitches.

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I really disliked the AO in this game. May I ask how you turned it off?

HBAO+ shot looks easier. It's been a while since I tested this game. But I remember the SSAO not looking great in motion

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Whomever posted about it before, I asked for comparisons and a proper post!!
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4898333&postcount=780

When I tested 26 with the retail game and demo it looked fine. But I only played the first area of the game and then the island. Both looked far superior to the built in SSAO.

There was some minor issues with stuff very very far in the distance if I recall. But nothing distracting

4. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    I tried a number of flags for it and the supplied one was the only that worked, but my major complaint with the arcania flag is that the distant mountains have a **** ton of shimmering backbleed, much like the dead island flag i am hoping gets replaced a few posts up. I should double check to make sure i was in fact using that flag. The grass looked good, it was certainly darker, but the distant lod was really screwed up. Those distant mountains are the best looking thing about that game.

Edit: Ok I had to make sure I was not imagining it. Surely this is more than a personal taste thing? Right?

http://i.imgur.com/Gb58YFg.jpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Hm. I dont' remember it being that bad. But perhaps I am wrong, I did find the flag for that game early on in my initial testing.

If you can find a suitable alternative, I am all for it!

I replaced the Dead Island flags already.

Also: The quality of your images are really stinky. I think IMGUR is compressing them, or your own compression is really bad.

If you are saving as JPGs, please use max quality. :)

6. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    It is, do you have an alternative way of me being able to host full quality pngs? imgr seems to be doing that automatically. My source images are full resolution without any compression besides png format. So it's the translation where it's getting a little compromised.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Perhaps I'll redownload the demo at least and try some more with that. Don't feel like downloading the 6+GB Retail game.

Edit; ok won't let me download demo since I own retail. Will have to do that.

8. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    I can always try to find something. Save you downloading an average game. ;)

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah IMGUR doesn't like PNGs or whatever.

If you can batch convert them to max quality JPGs, hopefully IMGUR shouldn't have a problem.

I have never tried, so I don't know if it will work or not.

Abload.de is fine with PNGs, so is minus.com
    Minus has gotten slower in recent months though.

Edit: apparently IMGUR won't compress your images, unless they are over 5MB

Mediafire.com also apparently works with image hosting. Need an account though

10. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    I am running 2560x1440, do you have a lower resolution? If so perhaps it's the combination of my filesize per image being about 11-15mb combined with the image being scaled down from it's source when you view it fully?

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    My guess is simply that IMGUR doesn't like the filesize of your PNGs, try to batch convert them to max quality JPGs with photoshop and see if the filesize difference is large enough.

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
  13. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Ok, yeah. The bleeding is bad on the Arcania flag. (But really, the shimmering/temporal aliasing exists without 26 entirely) The 2F flag from the post way back when. Doesn't work for me.

Also reminds me that decent AA is impossible in this game. And that there is no AF because of the POM.

Ugh.

14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Strangely not finding any flags that actually do anything other than 26.

And oddly 26 only works up to 1440p resolution. Anything above, it breaks.:pc1:

15. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Ok, no other flag produces results of any kind except for 26 bizarrely. I don't recall that at all.

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
  17. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Yes. In Two Worlds 2 it can be disabled and AF works.
    Maybe in Arcania it's possible to find and hack/disable the POM shader (like in Crysis).

18. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    I prefer the pom shader, i think the inbuilt ssao is good enough in arcania 4. But if someone really want's a hbao flag, i guess they just have to overlook those distant artifacts. Which i personally can't do.

I can't find another flag for it either. Tried everyone one. Yes, every single one.

19. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    disabling "Post Processing" in video options

20. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    Grim Dawn (Currently Early Access)

Flag: 0x0000002A

Graphics Engine Used: Titan Quest Engine InHouse.

0x0000002A Flag - http://i.imgur.com/67Z7EUm.jpg
    No SSAO - http://i.imgur.com/AsbMbBH.jpg
    0x0000002A Flag - http://i.imgur.com/BWozhyT.jpg
    No SSAO - http://i.imgur.com/F4ejUrN.jpg
    0x0000002A Flag - http://i.imgur.com/d52F1Ah.jpg
    No SSAO - http://i.imgur.com/7xybyaU.jpg

Notes: I suggest you turn the gamma up via the ingame controls, sweetfx or your graphics card control panel when using this flag - although I have not in these screenshots. This is true for most top down games. Otherwise you get black crushing and can't see in the dark areas very well with hbao+ enabled. Performance mode has less darkening yet the most shimmering. Quality and High quality will need a gamma bump. I always use "Quality" in my screenshots. The reason the screenshot looks a little hazy instead of sharp is because I am also using sparse grid supersampling to enhance the games MSAA. This is a personal taste thing, so expect your game to look a lot sharper if you prefer default msaa.