Qnix QX2710 Thread - Overclocking, Colour Profiles.....

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by k3vst3r, Nov 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Varlis

Varlis Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChiLL GTX 670
    Just ordered myself a Qnix 2710 Evolution II Glossy for 279€.

Here's hoping not too many issues with dead pixels or Bleeding.

AccessoriesWhole notified me already that the item was shipped... So let's see.

Any setup advice if I want to use it in conjunction with my old 1650x1080?
    I was planning on running the old screen via the onboard DVI (Haswell) and the Qnix with the Geforce 670.

Since I have only a single 670, would be I able to push into higher frequencies or better not? I was aiming for maybe 72hz (or is 75hz better?) or maybe an optimistic max of 96hz.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you can push it to 96 just fine. Even at 60fps, you'll see the extra smoothness. dead pixels and backlight bleed aren't really such a big issue with most of these monitors so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Post back if you have any questions mate.

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    That depends on what version he got..

If its the single input DVI version, then this one should oc to 96 and beyond. However the Multi version that features DVI & HDMI & DP supposedly does not OC the same way.

I specifically had my order changed before they shipped mine after figuring this out..

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    they should both hit 96hz iirc. that's why I didn't mention 110+hz, I thought he might be getting the new version that doesn't oc that well.

5. Varlis

Varlis Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChiLL GTX 670
    I specifically went after the single input after reading through all the infos here and on overclockers.

Fingers crossed.

What I couldn't check (at least to an extent I believe it to be 100% accurate) was whether I will end up getting tempered glass or not.

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I'm that case you should be good.. with the supplied cable you'll be able to get to 100hz for sure.. almost all of the single link versions are able to get up to that from the forum threads I've read.

I ordered myself a specific dvi cable today that others have claimed got their displays up to 120hz just by changing the cable

7. Wobbley

Wobbley Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I live in Norway so getting "unique" hardware parts is always an extra challenge when it comes to shipping and handling. Where would you suggest I get a QINX?

My current best option is Ebay because shipping is free.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  9. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    We've all gotten ours from ebay. :) excellentcastle here, then there's.. accessorieswhole.

10. Varlis

Varlis Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChiLL GTX 670
    Import tax sucks though...

I have to add a whopping 19% on top of my 279€.

Considering the cheapest BENQ QHD starts at 380€.
    But then - hopefully my Qnix will play in a different league...

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I ended up having to pay $40 CDN.. honestly though, small price to pay for such a nice monitor.. you have people handing over $1k for a thunderbolt monitor before shipping and tax.. so...

12. Varlis

Varlis Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChiLL GTX 670
    Yeah I am ok with that.

Especially since I am coming from a 24' FullHD LG IPS Panel which I bought in China for like... 150€ or so...

So this will be a huge improvement for me and well worth the money.
    Also I have no light issues in my place, so the glossy screen should be great.

Question:
    Since I am on a Nvidia card, I read that I do not need any special software (CRU etc) and can just switch to higher hz in the nvidia settings. Correct?
    Should I update the monitor driver or no need? (Goal: 96hz, never higher).

Anything else I need to do or could get ready in advance?
    Color profile playing around sounds a bit more difficult, so I'd rather put that on hold for now. (Or is there an easy out of the box way?)

13. Wobbley

Wobbley Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I am going to order this next month, I have another question in addition to the ones by Varlis.

Should I buy a seperate DVI cable? I currently have a GTX 970.

I have a 6 year old Samsung TN panel (which I love, but it's old)

14. Varlis

Varlis Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChiLL GTX 670
    I heard it comes with a cable that is good (enough) but short (<1.5m)

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    To get to 96hz, yes, you can do this easily in NVCP by just creating a new custom resolution. Takes 5 seconds.
    If you wish however to use alternate Color profiles, you will then need to use CRU to set your resolution and ColorSustainer to change the color profile. Color Sustainer will not identify your monitor overclock if you perform it through NVCP, is what I found out.

I personally found that with a bit of basic color adjustment within NVCP, I was able to get the color, gamma and contrast to look good just on its own.. the changing of profiles just made the display look farther away from my ideal look, so I adandoned trying.

As mentioned above, I picked up a Cable Matters DVI cable off of Amazon as I'd read numerous times that just using that cable allowed the Qnix to overclock higher than using any other cable. I will put this to the test soon as the cable is arriving at my office today. Guess we'll see!

It is pretty short yes.. and its definitely good enough. I am able to jump mine up to 100hz no issues that I've seen.

16. Varlis

Varlis Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChiLL GTX 670
    It's supposed to be delivered today! (they came last evening but missed me).

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

17. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    No, CS works just fine with NVCP-created custom resolutions. The issues seems to be related to SLI setups.

18. Varlis

Varlis Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChiLL GTX 670
    You basically recommend to only change to 96hz for games, movies etc., but leave 60hz for the desktop right?

Because of image retention on higher frequencies or why?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Sorry yes, you are correct.. forgot this!

As an update, I recieved my new DVI cable and tried it last night with my Qnix.

I was able to get it up to 110hz now, but found that there was some image retention.

Haven't tried to reduce the pixel clock at that frequency yet, so I may be able to get it stable at that, but will see. Still clearly better than the cable that came with the monitor though, as that one was giving me lines at 110, where this new cable does not.

120 is still out though, green lines everywhere. Oh well lol

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    You should be able to leave it at 96hz 24/7 without issue. I have mine at 100 all the time.. no image retention, no problems at all really.