Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I can't get the game maxed, if i put on max i never get 60FPS.

I tweaked the profile now, but i know why it is at 99% a lot of the time, it's because i've set it to Max Performance opposed to Default settings Adaptive, because i thought it was gonna help, it does at least there are not as many framerate drops as before.

Still the CPU usage rarely goes above 70%, there's places where GPU usage is 99% and CPU at 32%.

Some images on Usage and FPS:

http://i.imgur.com/AqG5JRQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/erVR9vm.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/bHU3r4d.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/XKL6qxb.jpg

I also uninstalled ASUS AI Suite for testing, the framerate drops are not as frequent but they still drop and my h100i is loud due to the lack of Fan Control (Corsair Link doesn't seem to work).

Yes, i have an old Audigy 4 but can't even test it because no PCI slot :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is anyone using DSR with Diablo 3? I get strange artifacting in the bottom bar when DSR is enabled.

3. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Some more testing, after searching Google there seems to be a lot of people with 970 issues, including one person on the GF forums saying him and his brother have the same exact setup but in his case he has issues and his brother's PC doesn't.

I went ahead and downloaded the 3DMark Demo from Steam after i did a search for my CPU and 970.

Google Result [9397]: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4276865
    My Result [9747]: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4544675

I've also read someone saying he can play BF4 with the res set to 150, i can't, i get 35PFS even when looking at main spawn point (with AA) disabling AA like he did sometimes i go to 50FPS (rarely), link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232468-holy-crap-gtx-970/

His setup is even worse than mine.

Either there is something wrong with my config or my GPU, however the Benchmarks say there isn't.

So i decided to go to TPU since i know they store BIOS versions and theres a few different BIOS versions for the 970 G1 there: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...te&model=GTX+970&interface=&memType=&memSize=

Either there's issues with the BIOS (which might explain the other person having issues whereas his brother didn't with the exact same setup) or i don't know anymore besides being bad drivers.

4. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    No problem here (750ti).
    Click for full resolution:

[​IMG]

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I get a strange distortion particularly in the middle. What DSR factor and smoothing do you use?

6. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    4x / 33%

7. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Don't know why,but my rig doesn't seem to like driver series 344.4x..blue screens,crashes of all sorts. back to 344.24 and all back in order

8. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Nevermind, after reading the GeForce forums a bit the 970 has a lot of framerate problems with various games, some games run fine others not really, this explains why i didn't notice anything from the 570 to the 970 (except the huge framerate drops in some areas which the 570 didn't had).

9. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Up, same problem with the last (today) patch.
    Forceware or FEAR problem?

EDIT: FEAR Online resets also "no scaling" to "full-screen"

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  10. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi Killersjp,
    Even tho DSR is nice and works very good for me. I do find my fans spin up went my card is idle. And i have a Gigabyte Windforce 3 GeForce GTX 670 2GB
    It kind off freaks too because i start too think my card is going too burn it self out.

11. MPires

MPires Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX970 4G
    I have not the DSR option in the nvidia control panel. Any help?

My card - MSI GTX970 4G. OS - Vista 64

12. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
  13. MPires

MPires Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX970 4G
    Thanks Bradder684 for the info. Hopping that they support Vista in the future :(

14. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    3D + SLI seems to be completely broken and non-scaling with 9 series cards. Can anyone confirm?

15. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I have a serious issue with these drivers. Every time I alt+Tab out of Fifa I get this error ,,Nvidia windows kernel mode driver 344.48 stopped responding and was recovered successfully'' Sometimes it crashes without alt+tab. I can play max two games.
    I did a clean driver uninstall with DDu.

16. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Hi, I feel that my sli is useless, almost all games that have been released lately are pretty bad in sli, I can not get 60 fps almost ninguno¿que constanteses happening with this technology? Ryse, Dead Rising 3, MH Shadow of Mordor, Watch Dogs ... they are a disaster in SLI, do not know if Nvidia will know that without a good support for this technology, any of the above games can keep constant 60 fps and that is the most relevant difference and of course, the most attractive offering PC, if not so the difference is minimal console.

17. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Call Of Duty Ghosts fixed point campaign crash.

On the campaign level End Of The Line, there is a driver stopped responding error at precisely the same point every time. Half way through the level the game saves when a helicopter takes off and you go outside via two doors. The game then crashes with a driver stopped responding and recovered message. I have tried turning all graphics settings to low, disabling SLi and it will always crash precisely at that point. All the previous levels play without issue and I have not had the error with any other games to date.

Rolling back to 344.11 fully resolves the issue.

18. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    344.48 makes Alien: Isolation almost unplayable (freezes between levels) so I rolled back to 344.11

19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Have you toyed with Shader cache setting? It can affect namely level transitions due to new level shaders compilation in game.

20. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Shadow of Mordor doesn't have any built in AA and you can't force it, you can set your resolution up to 2x your native resolution though.

I don't what AA SWTOR supports but you can force SGSSAA with the "0x004010C0" flag. See the AA thread if you don't know how to do it.