Assassin's Creed Unity PC specs released

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Lol, not really my point but everyone has their own choices :)

If i didnt like a game I wouldn't get it at all, so not sure why preowned would make it better.

2. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    WOW seriously you think because I have the minimum specs I will boycott it?

LOL

I have a low end system because games on PC today are F***ING CRAP!

Constant low grade tosh from your favourite rip off, UBISOFT LOL!

Keep buying rubbish!

Keep buying substandard games!

Only people like you can drive PC gaming away LOL!

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I think that Nicolas is full of crap because it is a huge gain from 60 fps from 30 fps because you will get a crisper cleaner image and from what my brother told me about the high res version of the Hobbit it looked great. So to me Nicolas does not have any idea on what the heck he is talking about. For example if you upscale a 480p 30fps like game Resident Evil 4 for example to 720 or 1080p 60 fps you will get a much improved picture because you are increasing the number of pixels and doubling the frame rate. Also I have seen a video a modded Sega Genesis with RGB SCART upscale to 1080p and it looks beautiful.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No, i'm saying your boycott is meaningless because you are unable to play the game anyway, and since i'm also unable to play this game this isn't a comment from some snobby PC eltist :)

Guess what, i already buy the games i like and "boycott" what i don't like, this isn't some new trendy thing to do.

5. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    I don't know what the Hell point you think you're making but it's nothing to do with what I wrote. You said MS were bullying Ubisoft to cap their games at 30fps. I asked for evidence of that and also pointed out that Microsoft themselves have done what you claim they're trying to stop happening. You responded that this doesn't mean the Xbox can render future games at more than 30fps. So... you're playing the Chewbacca defence????

Well firstly, as was pointed out there is nothing remotely like "evidence" from the Reddit post. It's called a rumour. Or hearsay if you prefer. And the "other Ubisoft employees as well" part? Where is this? But I see others have already asked this and you've replied that the evidence is "not out in the open". Evidence that nobody has is, by definition, not evidence. If no-one can see something, it is plainly not evident.

Given your readiness to adopt this without question and your eagerness to expand on it yourself, would it be fair to say that this rumour on Reddit matches your already existing beliefs and that on some level you *want* it to be true?

6. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Trend? It's not a trend to boycott...

I do it because these rip off scum bags make substandard rubbish for people who's machines are already YEARS ahead of the top of the line consoles. Even my graphics card is a tad bit more powerful than the crap in the new consoles. i.e. 7870 some say it's a tad less than that... And mine is 2 years old!

This needs a 680? Why? Up-scaled? You can't polish a turd!

Basically they can't be arsed to make it more PC friendly, so guess what I won't give them a penny!

I see it in EVERY game that comes to PC these days, and yet people still buy? I've grown out of those times i.e. SNES/MEGA DRIVE days of paying £60 for imported games JUST TO SAY I'VE PLAYED IT!

I want quality games made specifically for the machine I've bought. If they won't do it. Kiss my hairy arse!

If more people did this they would stop selling crap if not altogether, then good!

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It is a trend, if it wasn't then why would you be making a big deal about it, it all seems like your expecting a pat on the back for doing nothing.

This needs a 680 as a minimum because the base game is pretty high and more importantly, they do not want the hassle from people who have anything less than than a 680.
    You are not boycotting anything since you have no choice due to your insufficient hardware and can't play the game anyway, and be honest you must know that at the end of the day they do not want or need your money!!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  8. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    WOW yet again you don't get it!

You actually don't understand at all do you?

I have a 660Ti because ... TA! DA! There is no REASON to update! Get the picture now? I'm boycotting because (again you don't seem to understand) that's what you DO, when you make a stand against people who couldn't care less. And if everyone on PC decided not to buy like myself, then what message would UBISOFT be getting? If this game can run on a 660TI/7870 or XB1/PS4 then why does it need a 680? As I stated before you can't polish a turd!

But then I still don't think you get that either!

I was actually looking forward to getting a 770 last year, this year I was looking towards a Gigabyte G1 970 this xmas, but when I look at the games vs getting the card, then and now. The only thing I would use it for is a highly modded Skyrim. Other than that I can't think of a single game that get's me excited about getting the G1...

Something for you to chew on.

A 970 is about 2x the output of a 660Ti so why doesn't this Assassins game look twice as good on a 780 maxed out (tad bit faster than 970)? Yeah poor optimization, AGAIN! So... F*** em!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I do get it.

This game is not aimed at low spec gamers, that what the other Assassin's Creed game is for.

Do you really think this is a one off, it's a joke that PC devs need to optimise for dozens if not hundreds of different hardware and software scenarios.

I'm sick of seeing PC games held back by supporting old hardware/software/Operating Systems, and while Ubisoft are obviously doing it for their own selfish/greedy reasons it's better than letting things continue as they are.

10. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1

Well that's good you feel that way, but seriously they don't need to develop for hundreds, pick whats new or even a year old and develop for that.

But maximum a 780? I'm fine with it being a 680 (I would have had a 770) but a 780? It's running on a console using half of that... Also they are not PC devs they are developing for console, their main aim is based on what the CONSOLE can do, and yet we need a 780? That's bone idle developing... It's all about the money, how much they can save, how much can they get from the customer, and to hell with PC! It's a hassle... That's the basic underlining, PC is just to much trouble so, like what ever!

So I say... OoOOO...KKKKKK!

No money from me, Mr. can't be arsed!

I've fed up with not being able to buy games.

Since Bioshock infinite and Skyrim I couldn't care less! And I started PC gaming with Duke 3D Quake, Star Trek A Final Unity, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Ultimate Race Pro (my first Voodo card)... Now? Another console port, whooopdeee DOOOOO!

11. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    jeez they are expecting the average gamer to play with 3 1600p monitors @ 60fps

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The 680 last i looked was more than a year old, it really would not surprise me if there are dozens of devs who are waiting for this game to see how they proceed with their next game.

It's a massive waste of resources optimising for old hardware, and there is a separate AC game aimed at low end hardware.

13. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    What many of you whiners are completely missing is that Ubisoft is going all out this time to make the PC SKU the definitive version. Expect vastly superior assets on the PC, as well as more intelligent AI that wont let a single CPU cycle go to waste. Add to that a UI and controls that are both finely tailored to keyboard/mouse. Ubisoft is finally extending an olive branch to PC enthusiasts and all people can do is complain.

14. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    ^ People here are talking out of past experiences with ubisoft i hope youre right about them making the pc version the definitive version but people are going to have to see it first.

15. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Where did you find this info?

16. Lubna

Lubna Active Member

GPU:
    1080TI
    Possibly the last game Ubisoft acquires ... any more ... now beginning to bore

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm not going to buy this.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Then you shouldn't steal it either.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I never said I was going to : /

I only buy games retail.... so stealing it from a shop would be like..... a crime.

20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Stealing is always a crime, online or retail.
    I'm getting this one since Black Flag was a lot of fun and now there's co-op.