Assassins Creed Unity Recommended Specs Released! [GTX780 or 290X recommended!]

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Oct 23, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no way are they the smallest of the pirates. they're the vast majority. go live somewhere where a game costs a weeks wage and you'll see for yourself. there's plenty of places like this.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This I will 100% agree on, like I said it won't "CURE" piracy but it will definitely help cut it down.

You all have to agree demos of every game would be great, even better would be a 12-24hour refund policy on Steam. If Steam offered it all the others would follow.

(ok maybe not 12 hours cause most games now are like 5 hours long lol. Maybe like 2hours from when you first launch the game).

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    One could only hope.. AC series to me is now no better than Cod.. largely the same bloody game and gameplay elements repackaged over and over and sold for $60 and yet everyone eats it up.

Ridiculous

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    This is an overreaction. What did you guys expect? For years we had easy to max ports because the Xbox 360 and PS3 were so out of date, that they had cobwebs sprouting from the inside..

Now the PS4 and Xbox One are here, and although they are much weaker than a gamebred PC, they are leaps and bounds more powerful than last gen consoles.

So the bar has finally been raised ladies and gentlemen. We should be celebrating :)banana:), not getting angry :)bang:)

As someone mentioned earlier, it's likely that these specs are targeting gameplay at 60 FPS. And the PC version of AC Unity will be much better looking than the console versions, so the specs are justified.

Also half of the 50GB install size is for the baked global illumination according to a Ubisoft dev.

5. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V

Yup that what i mean these specs are targeting 60fps on 1080p at high and ultra.

Recommended is pretty much fair and same as Watch Dog required.

6. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    >60fps
    >ubisoft
    >ubisoft KIEV

you guys are delusional:wanker:

Tell me one ubisoft game that targeted 60fps on any platform in recent years.

And apart from the Nvidia bloatware, the pc version will look almost the same as the consoles, as any other current multiplat game.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  7. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    680 - minimum
    780 - reccomended

What like 20% max performance difference between them if that??

Guess parity doesn't only apply to consoles anymore at ubisoft, can't have some GPU owners feeling left out.

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Why wouldn't a game developed in 2014 recommend the use of fairly new cards for the best experience?

The GTX 680 and the HD 7970 are nearly 3 years old now after all.

9. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    Yup but the fact is that UBI soft is targeting 60fps and recommended is pretty much same for any AAA game running on ultra settings on 1080p.

10. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I think they just donĀ“t want to give minimum requirements anymore to avoid refunds, that and the game will be a poor performer as it is in consoles, just for the sake of "parity".

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Even if I upgrade my GPU to meet recommended specs, I will boycott any game that requires it. As well as 50gb games. I've found a comfortable and reassuring state of mind lately, that I can ignore any game title no matter how hyped and I wont even flinch.

12. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    evidence ?

13. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    My Friend has an A4 Laptop with an 8570M and hes going to buy this game.

AC is mostly a cult hit and some people will keep buying these games.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I may as well just give you that $5 now. lol

15. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    Why on Earth is everyone so shocked by the fact that PC game system specs are becoming more demanding??? Hell, I always thought it was funny how games used to recommend PC specs that were mid-range PC's at best. I guess what sucks is the expectation that the recommended hardware specs would not be justified by the game's graphics.

I don't know, maybe I'm just one happy guy, but I find The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, ME - SoM, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, and Metro Redux games really good graphics, pushing boundaries of high-end hardware one way or another. Sure, The Evil Within has crappy texture in places, but the lighting is excellent. ME - SoM is the other way around - very little lighting effects, but amazing textures, which @ 4K/Ultra resolution really do need at least 4GB of VRAM for smooth gameplay.

I agree with Carfax - we should be happy now that graphics engines are pushing it. I understand most unhappy people are the ones with mid-range PC's that could run older games with no issues and push those 60fps+ in BF4, but now have to lower expectations and then lower settings to continue having those 60fps.

Besides, GTX 780? You can buy GTX 780 Ti for $300 today, so GTX 780 can be bought for less $275! That's mid-range if you ask me. Hell GTX 780 Ti overclocked is barely high-end simply because it only has 3GB of VRAM.

No reason and no time to hesitate - time to **** it up and just upgrade! GTX 980 is where its at because nVidia's upcoming Titan 2 / GTX 990 is going to be priced $1000 or something like that...

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^^

It is more the fact that the same game runs on the XB1 and PS4 hardware, yet the specs of the PC version seem somewhat highly inflated considering the hardware specs of both the consoles.

This is why some thing the higher specs are to simply cover a quick lazy cash grab PC port version with no optimisation, not the first time this has been done for a PC mutiplat.

17. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    When Dead Rising 3 does it, its fine and a top selling steam product. When Ubisoft does it with ACU it will be the same, top selling product on Steam for the first week. Both this and FC4.

This is going to fuel more PC Gaming is dead threads.

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    If the PC version was a 1:1 conversion of the console version, then you'd have a valid point.

But it isn't. The PC version will have lots of extras, such as the ability to run at 60 FPS and greater, support for up to 4K resolution, better looking textures, enhanced contact hardening soft shadows, better ambient occlusion, longer draw distances, more tessellation etcetera..

Just the fact that the PC version will be over 30 FPS is a big deal. Running a game at 60 FPS is FAR more intensive than running it at 30 FPS..

Anyway, the PC version should be much better looking than the console version and play better as well, provided Ubisoft doesn't screw it up..

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't think any of that has been officially confirmed yet, but if Nvidia is involved then it probably will.

I actually just though of a less sinister reason for these specs, is this not the first AC game to ditch last gen consoles?

There likely isn't a lower quality version of this game than the X1 version, so it would have been a waste of time and money for Ubisoft to create anything lower, and since this isnt a low overhead api game the minimum specs are going to be higher than the hardware inside the consoles.

Assassin's Creed Rogue will likely support support older PC hardware since it's not being released on the PS4/X1.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  20. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    I'm not a game developer, but i really doubt some api overhead will make a slow 1.6ghz jaguar cpu(of its 8 cores, only 6 are available for games) and a 7770(1.31 TFLOPs) gpu equal an i5 sandy bridge and a gtx680/amd7970.