Assassin's Creed Unity PC specs released

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ubisoft has released the specs for the PC version of Assassin's Creed Unity. Does your computer have what it takes to bring the French Revolution to life?...

Assassin's Creed Unity PC specs released

2. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Dunno if bad optimization or just lazy devs...

3. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    I am satisfied from their games' optimizations combined with Nvidia(+sli), idk about you...
    maybe we see a common situation like we have used to these past months,games releashed and some weeks after patches/newer drivers will come..at least Ubi is one of the companies that listen gamers' feedback and always patch them(or they try with most of the times success), we have to respect that.

4. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I think both, plus they are definitely doing that on purpose.
    This is a big example of how they are pumping up the minimal specs, so people can spend money and make even more richer those multi-billion companies -Intel, AMD, Nvidia and many many more.

It´s a dirty business. I´m pretty sure they could make a game like this running 60 plus fps on a 150-200 $ card, but......

5. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    The min specs are awfully close to the rec ones. Not to mention the FX 8350 is in both..wtf. They're fishy to say the least.

Either this game handles threads really well, or its a mess in terms of optimization. *sigh*

6. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Pls,share with me how Watch_Dogs was running on max settings on your setup (the one in signature),considering that a GTX 460 has a 1GB vram,that must be a stuttering party.

7. DeAnt28790

DeAnt28790 Member

GPU:
    I have 2 7850s in xfire. If the game was properly optimized then this would be fine. And while Ubisoft does fix a lot of issues, they still don't support xfire or sli properly. AC4 and Watch dogs have been an improvement and watch dogs did end up running well on high settings. I am wondering though if these aren't the requirements for 60fps 1080p? It would make sense. as half a 680 at 30fps sits at around that of a console's graphics power.
    Also I don't think they know how CPUs work, because what they've said is just cray cray

8. LoccOtHaN

LoccOtHaN Banned

GPU:
    ATi/AMD XFX 7970 DD GhzED
    Remeber Next-Gen, so 8GB RAM + Lot of vRAM ;-) + min 6 cores (cuz in consoles 2-3 are reserved) + Sound Card -> and it will be playable :D

--------------
    removed links

9. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    This is iether very poor port or AC has come a very long way in a short period

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    We're bringing back the 'can it run' myth. Now with extra uncompressed assets and 0 graphics options.

11. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The specs are too high considering that, the cores on the consoles APU aren't that fast. They're asking for like, triple the processing power for both the CPU + GPU on PC.

Makes no sense. Fact is, only a small percentage of the gaming community has such high specs, so well see if it's bad optimization, or just exaggerated recommended specs.

Or it's the new Crysis, which I doubt.

12. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Ubisoft apparently just completely pulled the plug for everything pc. First 30fps and now this bullcrap.

Seriously **** them.

13. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    AC games all after the 1st had crappy optimizations - thats cause other then the 1st one they are all crappy console ports - dev this days are lazy....

14. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Minimum:
    Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or better

Are they nuts? They make a game with minimum specs satisfied by like 5% of gaming rigs or less?

15. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    On the cpu side i think the 2500k is fair but now way are the majority of people going to have gtx 680

16. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    Is it me or are those specs a little high? I mean I'm actually one of those in favour of really taking advantage of PC hardware so in a way, I like to see high specs. But I don't want it to be at the expense of those with less - I want software that can run on low but really scales up to take advantage of high-end hardware where available. This seems a little on the high-side all round if those are minimums.

EDIT: I should read the whole thread first! :D So to answer my own question - "no - it is not just me." :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  17. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Another explanation is a lousy port performance history, resulting in refund requests, which they want to avoid by skyrocketing minimum requirements.

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    UBISOFT games were always about crap optimization and a big F in PC gamers... they should stopped doing pc games, seriously everyone hates them.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    True but i was hoping Division will turn out good, another Ubisoft fail.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Now with these specs this should be the prettiest game EVER. No contest. These specs are rather erm on high side. Pretty much recommended is highest end gpus people might have counting our new maxwells.

Ubisoft was lazy with watch doge so I guess they are lazy with this too but they remember to write it in the recommended specs.