iFixit Disassembles iMac Intel 27" Retina 5K Display

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    What are you still on about?
    Just for the record, these were my first two comments
    "Wow, I mean who would pay money for this overpriced crap, for 2500 $ I can assemble an enthusiast end PC along with all the peripherals and a 144hz Gsync monitor. "
    to which someone replied
    "Are you serious? Other 5k monitors are $2500 with no hardware in them at all."
    and I answered
    "I'am dead serious. Who would right in their mind pay such massive amount of money for that overpriced crap?
    I can get a 28'' 4k display for 460 euro right now."

Now where exactly do you see the aforementioned "mud-slinging". It would be great if you just stop making stuff up now and stop with the incoherent confabulations about some victim routine and cards, pulling some stunts or whatever and all that kind of nonsense too. Your trolling is just so blatant and obvious I have no idea why you haven't been penalized already.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    This was a clear bait tactic from yourself, and as I said this constitutes mud slinging. You made a baseless statement insulting people for no other reason than to spark an argument, and then went on to cry wolf when called out. I find it very hard to believe you genuinely don't see the issue with the above post, and the way you've acted since that post (as well as in other threads) makes your agenda pretty clear. Regardless, this is my last post to you as I've detailed my opinion on the matter pretty clearly. I see no reason to expand on it.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Funny stuff thread bookmarked. I am not a fanboy of apple but you do not see me making idiotic comments about it.

4. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    You can't be serious, surely....wow, I mean there are literally no words to desribe your absolutely childish behaviour, if you see that statement as "mud-slinging" attempt and bait tactic, then you need to find some professional help I reckon. Also whats up with me being a cry wolf, I wasn't called out, I was only insulted multiple times, why are you so incredibly stuck up? Can't you see the fundamental problem that lies in your absolutely pathetic arguments?
    Anway what agenda are you even talking about? You seem pretty confident about everything you say as if it is some home made law you're preaching here or something. It's more or less a tad bit ridiculous to say the least.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I really hope this thread gets locked soon because I'm tired of seeing it on the front page.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Dude just go back to 4chan, you're a troll who keeps on digging that already enormous hole you've got yourself into.

Will clear these forums up nicely when i see Banned under your name.

7. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    What sort of grudge are you holding against me? What is all this talk about me getting back to 4chan and what is 4chan anyway?
    Why are you spamming the discussion with off topic nonsnense and wishing on other people to get banned from forum?
    You should ask yourself these questions first.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Nobody likes trolls, which i see you doing in just about every thread i read, and as usual you pull the victim card saying the same old story "Everyone attacking me".

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    What is happening to this forum recently? the last few months have been awful on here. I'll say it again, it's some kind of a wave of new age hipsters who decided to take guru3d forums down. And they're doing it, it's happening, the standard is dropping quick. Very quick.

10. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Ahh I get it now, you all are friends with each other and you all decided to undermine my arguments by labeling me as a troll that is playing some sort of victim card and after that you're also discarding my own opinions as if they are some kind of trolling attempts according to you. That won't work Iam afraid.
    So let's get one thing straight, what other threads you read do you have in mind, because those are some pretty serious accusations right there buddy, you better back it up with something substatnive other than vague accusations.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Idk, the thread with watchdogs mod I think brought in a ton of people from the outside. Like it seemed after that day there was a huge influx of new accounts of people I've never seen before (I've been on this forum a long time).

Obviously with any influx of new people you get good people and bad people. The user h4mony for example is someone I've seen posting recently with some great content and contributing useful information (even when I disagree with his/her point). Like I don't agree with a lot of people on this forum about certain stuff but if you're posting constructively I usually take a completely different approach then someone who is just flamebaiting/making stupid comments.

Also I think there has been a lack of moderation as of late? I know Deltatux seems to have disappeared. Finch has been gone for a while, rflair seems to be active along with Hilbert, obviously, but I dunno about the rest. Not a big deal though, eventually they'll get weeded out. I usually don't bother responding to most stuff when I know it's just flamebaiting but the Apple threads just bother me.

I still like this forum a lot better then various others I post on.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The lack of moderation is in one word frightening. Hilbert is looking into it as we speak.

EDIT: I can't help but to extend on what you said about the lack of moderation on here.

The fact that I see Hilbert himself putting out fires and that you see him around a lot more than you see the mods says it all. Hilbert should not have to do those things. Guru3D is a great forum, at least it has been, for me anyway, for the past 10 years plus. But it's changing and it's not for the better.

We get a lot of new people who log in, start something, then they get an infraction and we don't see them for a while. then they come back. Rinse 'n repeat. It frustrates me no end. Look at Veteran. He lost it a little bit in that thread, but i think it was just him hitting the end of a very long fuse. Vet is a worthy member, he would be on any forum. He did say he didn't care about what will happen after his rant, but I'm sure he only went on the rant because he cares, in the first place.

It's getting really difficult to log in and read the forum lately. This used to be a great place where people used to hang out and had a great time. I know I'm no saint and I, myself, had to be told of a few times in the last 10 years, but we're only human and we have our cap.

I really hope things improve quickly.

13. 3rr0r

3rr0r Banned

GPU:
    MSI GEforce 6800 GT 256 D
    I wouldn't ever buy an apple product, but hey, there are apparently some people who would gladly throw money at some of the overpriced products.
    I know some of them and it is really funny when they are trying to defend that huge corporation like they life depended on it.

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Oh, idk, does the dual 290x asus card ring any bells?

I would hardly call the bait tactic an opinion..

"why would i buy this POS when i can get x" where x is generally unrelated to topic at hand.

Wouldn't hurt to have a few extra around.

15. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Yeah what about that thread sweetheart? That is the same exact case, I expressed my opinion and then I was beign swarmed by trolls that tried to derail the thread.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    There is a difference between expressing your opinion and expressing your opinion in the way you did.

Your first post on this thread was this:

The first sentence is clearly flamebaiting. You could have easily said "I think this is overpriced because I don't see the necessity of a 5K monitor with such a weak PC to drive it. Additionally, I could build a more powerful system with slightly less resolution at a much lower price. Sure you would make some trades in image quality and stuff but overall I think it would give you a much better bang for the buck".

Had you wrote that I think a lot more people would have respected your opinion even though I still would have disagreed.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    And what did you expect from basically posting "this is a POS"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.