Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Which drivers were you using before?

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Except, if you have a good clocked i7, FFXIV becomes GPU bound.

There's no way in hell a 970 should perform on par with a 570 in FFXIV.

I can manage between 30-60FPS with 4xSGSSAA with lowered settings at 768p.

A 970 should be able to do 1080p60 with max and 4xSGSSAA piece of cake.

Well you SHOULDN'T be able to put 4xMSAA. FFXIV only has FXAA....

Unless you are trying to use NVCP to do that..Which should result in it not working at all.

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    that FF XIV Benchmark is so inaccurate

4. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah, definitely this for sure

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti

ahaha.. yeah good luck with this.

You probably have a 001/100% chance of this actually happening. Which is sad.

Also: Where are the English-US drivers? Only international everywhere

Peformance aren't the only problems FFXIV has with 9xx cards either!
    (Except seems fixed with this driver)
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/195076-Fog-graphic-glitches-on-NVidia-GTX-970-(pictures)

Either way, with a 4GHz CPU with 4 threads of any of the Core ix generation CPU issues with FFXIV should be non-existent.

There's no reason a GTX 970 should perform anything less than perfect in this game.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  6. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
  7. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    The international drivers are all ready on the Nvidia download site, that's where I got them from.

edit:
    Just noticed the page says English (US), but it downloads the international drivers. But it contains english, that's the language I'm using.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/78873/en-us

8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah, I just don't want to end up with any potential conflicts or anything like that. Have only used US-EN drivers

9. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Are you using English US or English International? MrBonk is after the English US one.

The International ones are downloaded no matter if you choose UK or US, or if you download them from the NVIDIA UK or US site.

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah, I seem to recall issues/conflicts if you have records of both within your system... maybe I am remembering wrong> Makes me hesitant to install. But I REALLLY want to test out DSR >_>

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Checked but nope, not the issue.

337.82-icafe-win7-winvista-win8-64bit-international-beta

12. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    So I cafe has better IQ? May have to try them. I'm a sucker for crisp textures.

13. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Hello, thanks for asking.

I have to run GW2 at 1080p@60 which is my Monitor Res.

I run FFXIV at 2560x1440 with SweetFX, disabling SweetFX does help, just like with the 570 however like i've mentioned it's disappointing i can't lay this at stable 60FPS and i barely see improvements over the 570 on this game and GW2, i mean there was the 600 and 700 series after 500, wasn't this supposed to run smooth? ;_;

Anyway i've ran into a problem after installing this driver, when i got to the Main Menu of FFXIV the game would just crash to desktop no matter what, deleted CFG file, SweetFX, still nothing, did Steam Integrity check and it's redownloading the whole game no idea why, downloading games patch now.

I did the benchmark before tho and i saw some improvement, i can also say i remember the CPU and GPU usage being mixed but both getting to 90% something.

I play on 1440p because the game runs too poorly with MSAA4 on, and since vegetation gets annoying in the distance due to that raising to 1440p helped a bit.

I'd like to mention that, GeDoSaTo set to run at the same res and with RadeonPro for SweetFX performs much better than DSR with SweetFX, this might be an issue with the shaders from SweetFX or DSR, however for some reason i feel like with RadeonPro LumaSharpen doesn't work at all, or maybe that's how GeDoSaTo downscaling works (no need to set smoothness/sharpness like DSR) because it takes screenshots at 1080p and with DSR it takes at the res i run it at. Might even be a problem with DSR, but even if i run at 1080p it doesn't perform that much better compared to 1440p, i'd say its barely noticeable.

I'll post more details if i get to start the game again, if not i'll have to reinstall Windows again ;_;

14. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    great drivers... performance on DSR very better now... but DSR not working in mortal kombat 9 and nba 2k15... in f1 2014 and 2013 have one bug with DSR enabled have bug in smoke...

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    getting 100fps with these driver in Ryse ( SLi enabled )

[​IMG]

16. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Just give them a shot, I have used the US ones before a few times without a problem, the only difference I noticed was that "Colour" and "Optimisation" were spelt the American way. I don't think NVIDIA would only release the International ones if they caused problems with US PC's

If you have any problems it only takes a few minutes to run DDU and reinstall your previous driver.

17. etherboy

etherboy Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 4G Gaming
    Can't use DSR when I have my monitor and TV set to duplicate/clone. I can set the modes, but they don't show up in games/GE. :(

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    well disable the screen you don't need

19. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I am not sure how you're activating 4k for your games but there is more than one way. Do it with NVCP or GE but even if the option isn't there in GE, just select the resolution once the game is loaded up. All I did was, I turned on 4k for my desktop resolution in nvcp. Web pages, movies and anything related to the desktop resolution is in 4k. Now as for my games, they load up at 1080p. Once the game is loaded up, I go to the in game display options and select the 4k resolution and apply. The screen refreshes and its in 4k. I do not let GE optimize my games so doing it this way seems like a no brainer to me. My card is not powerful enough to run all games in 4k so I am glad I can have different resolutions for different games and not just have it be 4k all the time. Ignore me if you have already figured out what was wrong. I just cant figure out why you are having a problem.

Thank you NVidia for this update. 4k internet browsing and desktop is nice on my 42" even if I cant play all my games this way. I really need a Maxwell card.

20. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    Anyone having issues with Alien Isolation and these drivers? I can't get out of Chapter 3. Whether I try to take transit to Tower or to Engineering, the screen freezes while loading with the loading symbol in the lower right corner just locking up until I end task or restart PC.