Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Did you use DDU or any other driver cleaners?

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    nothing for The Evil Within ?

3. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    Hey Andy, do you know if nvidia is planning to add 4k shadowplay recording for series 700? I used a gtx 970 @ 60 Mbps to record 4k videos, which is the same bitrate the series 700 support.

http://www.pcmrace.com/category/ultra-gameplay/

I have a 780Ti SLI and I really need 4k recording for my gameplay videos. I couldnt sell my cards yet and I cant just buy two 980 for this "feature" alone.

4. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI

5. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Ahh right, i missed that you could select them all, i thought it was single tick only - good to know and as such please ignore my original complaint :banana:

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    dear god the whining in this thread is amazing. Some of you should just go and play on consoles with the attitudes you have.

The fact that they still don't have a profile for Shadow of Mordor is ridiculous to me, but I aint losin' sleep over it.

7. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    Like what ? The engine doesn't support multi-GPU and I think Nvidia has had the time to optimize their drivers for it since Rage and WTNO. I wouldn't expect anything more for this game if I were you.

8. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    I use almost identical GPU and had no problems installing every 344.XX driver. Win 8.1

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Just done some testing with DSR, It works but there is bad side effect i get when using any factor.

I get this Warping/distoring box around my mouse, when ever the mouse is hovering over any UI that when highlighted has some sort of effect pop out like effect.

This happens every where from the Desktops Startbar icons to the FF min/max/close buttons the scroll bar in game with any UI with similar effect. They all show Warping/distorting Box around my mouse. Kicker part is i am unable to make screen shot of this effect as any screen shot i take does not show the distortion.

Now if i go and make Custom Resolution of same DSR factor this effect is not there around my mouse.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I guess i can assume the god damn bleeding around the edges happening in the game with Forced AA when the in game bloom on isnt geting fixed either?

Let alone the piss poor gpu usage when in WZ/OPS issue.

11. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    For real?

12. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    try to press ALT+ENTER once to go windowed mode, then once again to go full screen, that will fix it

@Raiga Yes, i didn´t post images because i don´t want to go back at 344.24 these drives works perfect for me, and DSR works well and performs little better than usual downscaling, and woks better than the hacked notebook/mobile drivers.

13. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    Does this one fixes the issues with doom 3 BFG edition the previous driver had?
    When you're in a certain area, transitioning to the next corrupts the game after the loading screen...

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    What? Why? Did you know that when this started to happen, in game low AA setting doesn't work at all at and it turns the AA off? Man this is disappointing... Really disappointing. :confused:

In game AA enhanced to 8xMSAA with FXAA was basically the only decent way to get antialiased image since it doesn't use alpha blending for transparent textures. The in game AA is extremely poor too and FXAA helped a bit. TrMSAA doesn't work and TrSSAA causes some visual glitches (and massive performance hit). Forcing AA with custom bits would look really great if it wouldn't cause bloom issues (transparent textures would still be problematic).

Currently it's not possible to use injectors in this game without disabling LAA (disabling it would cause memory issues), which makes this issue even worse.

So to summarise, this is EXTREMELY disappointing to hear.

I have a bad feeling that once I add another card I find out that SW:TOR stutters (really bad and had massive frame rate drops) like it used to with GTX 680 SLI setup. So I assume there will not be any fixes for that if that problem is still there...

I noticed that too.

15. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    nevermind

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    It is highly distracting, im atlest happy it not just me. sad that it bug, but atlest i know it not just me.

And last i checked swtor dont work to good with sli, then again i never used sli and never will and swtor stutter anyway it has to do with the fact gpu usage is all over the place in that game, and once your in WZ/OPS the gpu usage just terrible then there the whole I/O bottleneck that engine has. I mean i get my 1st gen i7 is old but when I getting 60fps stable and have 50% gpu usage and the 60~70 spread across my all my cores at random then go in to WZ/OPS and suddenly get 20% gpu usage if lucky and 15-30fps usual the low end there all with the same cpu usage some thing is messed up with the engine.

I mean hell the gamebryo engine is alot older then this and i can go play 60vs60 man cross server pvp in Requiem and keep 30FPS swtor has issue with just 16people on screen.

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Hey ManuelG,

I noticed that SWTOR has developed a habit of freezing for about 30 seconds and then causing a driver crash (which it does recover from).

It doesn't happen too often but when I am tanking a raid, it's a little annoying (AKA Wipe).

It only started after I installed the 980s and 344.16 so I'd guess it's either the cards or the driver.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm talking about über negative scaling where panning camera around causes fps drops to single digit. In those cases it wouldn't run great even on single card but the difference between ~4 FPS and >20 FPS is quite large...

I have this too and I can tell you why this happens. It's because you overclocked the card (right?) and when the card drops the core clock (perfcap reason: low gpu utilisation) it also drops the voltage too much compared to the core clock speed. That can cause funny things like ~1300 MHz GPU speed with really low voltage like ~1.050V which is obviously not enough to maintain that clock speed stable. I guess this could be issue for highly factory overclocked cards at stock too.

19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    No, my cards are stock (mild factory OC).

I also set maximum performance in the profile and it still happens.

Never had the problem before the 980s.

20. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I think after all the b1tch1ng and whining I've done, these are keepers. Ah what? It still says 344.42 because I used the same inf to install 344.48. Anyway thank you for these Spenty...finally a 4k score in firestrike...not bad for a little POS pny gtx 750.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4460426