The Evil Within from Bethesda (Shinji Mikami)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deathfrag, Apr 19, 2013.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I completely agree, however.. If the product is eventually 'fixed' then ill quite happily pay for it. Like when its on sale for 5 - 10 dollars and but a distant memory in the gaming void.

2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Qft^^

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  3. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    I don´t really understand why such a good game, creepy atmosphere, great artistic finish, so good story and lots more comes with a dated engine, why don´t they use instead a recent engine to power up the experience? The game doesn´t look bad at all, but be serious... it almost looks like a 3 or 4 years old game, that doesn´t ruin the experience but...

It is a good game? Sure it is!, Do they missed the oportunity with a top engine and could have been better? For sure...

4. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    That is pretty much the drill. PC gaming is so awesome that the cheaper(later) you buy a game, chances are the more fixed it will be.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    this.
    Seems like the only people that are having issues are the ones tweaking settings and unlocking things that weren't meant to be unlocked. I can't imagine why the game isn't performing the way its supposed to.
    I haven't messed with anything and guess what? The game runs perfectly fine.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  7. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    So it seems that The evil within stuttering and having bad fov is our fault? For modifying the game to remove a ridiculous 30 fps can and black bars we are to blame for the bad performance and stuttering issues?

Im sorry but this is 2014, We've had 60fps for years. Having a game at locked 30 fps on PC is ludicrous.

Dont know about anyone else but i didnt build a gaming pc and buy a 144hz monitor to have devs tell me i should play at 30 fps because its more 'Cinematic'.

Its not just a pc thing either, The Last of Us is one of the most cinematic games ive ever played and playing that at 30 then 60 is a whole new experience ( but thats a different debate all together)

It just boggles my mind that on a forum predominantly based on PC gaming and hardware people are saying "well you wouldn't have any issues if you just left it alone"

We are PC gamers, We don't 'leave alone' we tweak and modify to get the best experience we can, Not the one we are told we can have.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    No one said you can't tweak it. Just expect to have issues.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    PC version is not as well optimised as I'd have liked but the game does work perfectly at 30 FPS as intended and at least the developers are actively striving to improve the game so I cannot really fault them for that.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    actually i have added R_forceaspectratio and R_swapinterval and the game is running nicely at 35-40 fps with a much better fov and thinner black bars.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just done a bit of Chapter 3, loving the music when you go into that wooden house :D

Well strange, i found another mirror, so went through it to get back to the hospital, but i couldn't upgrade anything, as the gate through to the chair was closed, but she did take me through the back where these lockers were, so i picked up some bolts and bullets from them, but i also found while in there, i had the double-barrelled shottie, but i don't know where it came from :D, i also had a medical kit from somewhere as well, and a couple of bolts for the agony jobbie, so i made a couple more with the traps id found, before going back to the house :p

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If you pre-purchased you get the double barrel shotty and med-kit at the start of Chapter 3.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ahh yeah, thats right, i forgot, cheers :D

14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Just don't use the med-kit in the middle of a battle. It restores your health but makes you all dizzy and almost impossible to shoot anyone

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It also extends you health bar a little bit.
    But yeah, if you use it, you can't run... walk straight... use any weapons... or even see clearly.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah ill be keeping the medkit for a while, as got full health through the syringes.

EDIT:

Shame i couldn't use the chair again to upgrade at this time, as ive got quite a bit of the green goo now.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  17. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Yeh, I can live with a locked 30 too, obviously i'd prefer a locked 60 but it's not the end of the world. I'd just be happy with a true full screen mode and the aspect ratio fix without having to use flawless etc.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Frame-rates fine for me, its just the stuttering, so hope they can sort that.

19. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I don't know if its a bug, but whenever I use the chair to upgrade my stats or my weapon stats I always get full health and ammo. So I've been abusing that whenever I can and saving my med-kits and syringes.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That is a glitch.
    I would only get full health if I upgraded my health. And even when upgrading weapons or ammo capacity... never left the chair with full ammo.

You lucky bastard. :p