NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Did anyone manage to play Dead Space 2 with GeDoSaTo? DS1 and DS3 are working just fine. DS2 on the other hand freezes when I move mouse.

2. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    So, VSync is the culprit. Though I have no idea how can be those two things causing freezing.

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    In game Vsync???

4. MiR4i

MiR4i Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 x2
    I currently use the Adobe suit and haven't touched Vegas in a long time. I don't necessarily see the motion blur you speak of (if you're talking about my video), but perhaps your eyes are more sensitive to 30 FPS than others? It'll be interesting when YouTube finally goes live with 60 FPS.

Yeah, I remember listening to some of your stuff when you linked it in another thread (or maybe earlier in this one). I'd love to get into audio, but there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to do everything. ;)

My recording setup is far from adequate, but I use a Shure SM7B with a pretty generic USB interface and a (for now) echo-y room. I'd like to upgrade, but this stuff is so expensive and it seems like you can never return audio equipment even after a week of testing it out -- I know, I know... I could have recorded what I needed to record in that week and just wanted to return the equipment, but c'mon...

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    The motion blur I speak off, was mostly just that no matter how you render it. With Sony Vegas, there is motion blur added to a source. Which is annoying and feels like a waste of money hah..

6. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Nope, forced. If I either force it with CP or GeDoSaTo, game freezes when I move mouse.

7. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    In the latest drivers there is a blue rectangle enabled for games when you "enhance" or "override" MFAA, i believe that's suggesting it's functioning. Yet for the life of me, when moving, or when still, mfaa seems to totally not function.

Certainly nothing like what was presented with BF4. Combining MSAA2x and MFAA also results in image quality exactly like MSAA2x.

I should play BF4 just to see if i get a blue rectangle or not. If it's another color, then all the blue rectangle games are non-working. (only appears for dx11 games)

http://i.imgur.com/x6AFP3R.jpg MFAA
    http://i.imgur.com/hxo8kqE.jpg NO MFAA

8. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    Yep, blue rectangle in BF4, and it looks identical with 2xMSAA w.mfaa compared to 2xMSAA wout.mfaa

9. kobalt1001

kobalt1001 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 Extreme core
    Hi . Someone for AA flag dead rising 3 ? How get a better AA if no AA flag ?
    Gedosato work for Dead Rising 3 ? How add another game in gedosato than game by default ?

Ty for answer

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  10. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    Man, I am playing Dreamfall: Chapters and the GPU usage of this game is RIDICULOUS. I'm running at 99% most of the time, and framerates jump from 20 to 80, and VSYNC seems to have no effect either through Inspector nor D3DOverrider. Anyone else having a similar experience? The following flag works for SGSSAA, but I have these performance issue even without ANY AA or SSAO. Something just ain't right, I'm tellin' ya! :)

DREAMFALL CHAPTERS - 0x004000C1

I know I know, need some screenshots, and I will add them once (if) I can get the game running reasonably.

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    DR3 is DX11, therefore no better options. No GeDoSaTo (Yet).

Only driver downsampling+built in AA

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Game is still early though right?

13. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    @Mr Bonk

Dreamfall Chapters part one was released on Oct 21.

14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah, i've seen others saying it performs poorly as well. (It's Unity, can't say i'm super surprised entirely)

But, if you don't mind updating your post with screenshots. I can add it to the list.

(100% JPGs or PNGs only please)

15. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    It's using dense effects, the lighting, shadowing, ssao, all high pass, high cost variants. That's why it's so taxing. It looks a lot better than most unity games.

16. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Do you have a joystick or controller connected to your system?
    Dead Space 1 and 2 doesn't like that ;)

Try disabling any such controller/joystick in device manager.
    Other than that, I suspect this is just a bug in GeDoSaTo.

17. airshiraz

airshiraz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970
    how can i enable dsr in games without geforce experience

18. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Hello! Just a quick question as I've tried in the past setting AA/TransparencyAA in some games but not sure if I'm combining the two options correctly.I'm playing Skyrim with mods right now and setting options to override in Inspector.

What transparency setting should I use with say 2x2 SS (D3D only) or if someone can recommend best visual/performance AA option.I've locked fps @ 30 with vsync @ 1/4 refresh rate (Asus VG236HE).Tried 4xAA/4xSS and while it looked and ran great I got some slight pausing in between cell transitions and a few NPC encounters, any insight would be greatly appreciated. :)

19. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    If you got pausing issues in cell transitions with 4xMSAA/4xTrSSAA, 2x2 OGSSAA is gonna be even worse. First, try turning AA off entirely to see if the issue is caused by AA. If you still have stuttering, your problem lies elsewhere (if you have crazy texture mods, that's the most likely culprit).

If turning off AA fixes the problem for you, you could try lowering to 2xMSAA, although anything less than 4 and I don't consider it worth the performance hit, but opinions differ. If you still get issues, you could try the SMAA injector or SweetFX, but that won't look as good. SMAA shouldn't cause any stuttering though.

EDIT: Oh, I see that you have your specs listed. You definitely have to watch out for texture mods with 2GB VRAM. I max out my 3GB of VRAM with texture mods and I only use SMAA. Running out of VRAM on your card will cause stuttering when new data is streamed. I'm not 100% sure on the specifics, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  20. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    @ZabaZuu - Yes the only textures installed are the HiRes DLC.Can't go with anymore than that.The slight pausing isn't really annoying, aa causes it cuz at 2x it does'nt happen but it looks crappy.Will play around some more and try the SMAA injector like you suggested and find something I can live with, thanks.