Razer BlackWidow Chroma-Corsair RGB's

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by goat1, Oct 2, 2014.

1. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    I used to mine cryptocurrencies, at one point I had a mini farm (only 6 PC's though) all mining the same blockchain was fun learning and mining.. the probs is there is far too much scamming and hacking going on theses days so I don't bother with no more, sold a lot of my hardware and just kept my APU A10-6800k system and this i7-4770 that I built at the start of this year.
    I dout I will build a new gaming PC again, im losing interest in gaming, well have done for the last year or so, I think its just an age thing, im over 40 so im getting to old to keep up with you young whipper snappers in the gaming world.

2. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Bah, haven't heard anyone call me a whipper snapper in....well, never! I'm a shade past 50, so I ain't no spring chicken.:3eyes:

3. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    heeh yea I probs will still be gaming in my 50's ... in my mind im still young lol ... but I not sure, if I make it to say 65, it just seems a funny image in my own head a 65 year old still strutting his stuff in BF 14 or something lol

so nows the time for me to start honing my sniper skills lol .... rather than being the gun ho type, slow the pace a little heeh ...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  4. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    C'mon Mikey,that's ridiculous,I'm 45,as soon as it warrants it,I'll build a new computer. In your defense tho, You don't really need to upgrade the Mobo,CPU,ram ect.. Like you do with the Video card. I've been rockin the 2600k,8 mb of ram,for a long time,hell,I just changed my 560 ti for a 770. I'll probably get a Gigabyte G1 970 in the near future.

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Oh, I always have an eye for some upgrades here and there. I'll be moving my Sapphire HD7970 in my 3rd rig to my HTPC/4th rig (yes, I want it to be gaming capable as well), and I'd be getting a pair of GB HD7950's for some CF loving. These badboys will go into my 3rd rig. See? I don't know when to stop!:bang:

6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I just realized that you have quite a few rigs,so I guess I see your point about your last PC. But,I still think you will get the itch. My friends and I joke about we will still be gaming when we are 70. I'll game til I'm dead. Its a lot different than the last generation. Different generations are into different things depending on the technology. There is no age to not game,that's ridiculous. It whatever you enjoy.

P.S. I can't wait to get home and type on that Chroma. I lost all interest in the Corsair now. Typing on this thing gives my fingers a fingergasm! The lights are nice and bright with no issues. Good solid build. Doesn't bother me its not metal. I don't like the fact that the Volume keys aren't dedicated,but I don't think it will be a big deal. Everything works great so far,including the software. After a few more days,I'll respond more on the Chroma.

7. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I'm still gaming and I'm already 70. 72 to be exact. No reason on this earth not to have fun.

8. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    LOL.. Nice try Slickster.. If that was true..Kudos! :)

9. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Has anyone else got one of these keyboards and what's your thoughts?

10. Bovined

Bovined Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black
    I just built a new PC to get back into gaming so I decided to get my first mechanical keyboard. After checking different key switches I decided I loved cherry MX blues with the loud and satisfying click and had narrowed it down to the Razer Chroma with green and Corsair K70 RGB with Blue switches. After checking all the review materials out there I went with the Razer chroma since it was on sale for 140 and that there doesn't seem to be any release date on the horizon for the Corsair with Blue MX anytime soon. Just got it today and installed synapse and do not seem to have any issues with it at all so far and the lightshow is definitely impressive in a dark room, and the reactive light mode is especially cool where the keys are all dark and light up momentarily and then fade as you type. I find the preset profiles of different colored keys for different games are especially helpful as well since I am getting back into the swing of things. Never had a chance to see the lights on the Corsair so not in a place to compare but I definitely like the floating key design and brushed metal finish but have no issues with the rubbery plastic finish on the Chroma. It's that same felty soft plastic you fin on the back of some tablets and phones. Braided long cord and extra USB headphone mic ports on the side are good to have as well. I actually like Razer products and am using the chroma alongside my trust blue led diamondback that has lasted me 7+ years with no issues. Hope this helps and I can answer any questions about the Chroma if you got em...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    The Chroma is a nice choice. I had it,but went back to the K65 RGB...for now. If Corsair/Cherry could get their act together and get the K70 RGB with blue switches out,it would be the go to keyboard. Razer Chroma keyboard is just a joy to type on. I don't care if it has Kalih switches,no one is going to keep a keyboard for years and years. There might be a few,but most won't. You made a good choice Bovined.. If the Razer had an open SDK and dedicated volume controls,it would be the keyboard to beat..

12. Santa666

Santa666 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080TI
    Got me my first mechanical Keyboard also last week, Cherry MX-Board 3.0
    It´s not overly flashy or has overly much Extra-Buttons, but does what it
    needs to do in a nice way. Chose Cherry MX-Brown Switches as the best
    multi-purpose switch and Cherry... because it´s the Source, they have to
    know what they´re doing, they´ve done it for ages.
    Also feels good from the build quality and was´nt too pricy

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I take issue with people bashing the Kailh switches.
    Cherry Mx is overrated. Go to the Corsair forums and look at all the problems with them. Mainly the blues.
    The Kailh switches Razer uses are great. I had the chroma and the keys were awesome! Its just another hate on Chinese made stuff. If you are into home theater stuff, there are some high end speakers made in China. Sonus Faber anyone? Their high end stuff is made in Italy. But for the speakers I've seen or heard made in China,they are outstanding. Its not like it used to be. These companies take great pain in making sure their product is up to spec. Sonus Faber had their own people over there training workers. They make sure the product is top notch.

14. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    Am I the only one that likes Cherry red switches? For gaming and typing (I'm *sometimes* a programmer - so often type a lot) I find them great. They're not just for gaming at all IMHO.

:(

I've got a Func KB-460 if that matters :)

15. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Honestly,the reds are ok,I can type on them better than a membrane keyboard. I did like the keys on the Razer Chroma much more tho. Considering how awesome you can make the colors on the Corsair RGB keyboards,I'd rather deal with the Reds than have a Chroma keyboard that doesn't have an open SDK..

16. nigelltjee

nigelltjee Guest

GPU:
    r9 280x 3gb ddr5 CF
    I like razer a lot, but don't got any experience with corsair