Nvidia Geforce 344.16 BETA Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DeathAngel74, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Dicehunter

Dicehunter Active Member

GPU:
    GameRock 4090 OC
    I've noticed that with the 980 and these drivers some games are now missing Physx options like Batman: AO can now only go up to "Normal" and AC: Black Flag's Physx options are completely MIA.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If no one has already done it, I'd like to report a bug involving PhysX and Borderlands 2.

If I select PhysX effects "Medium" or "High" (don't matter if it's through the config splash screen or in game) the game freezes after the loading of the actual session (and not the game itself). Setting to "Low" is the only way to play this game. While the game is frozen I can still hear the music and SFX playing in the background.

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    No such problem here with BL2. Put the game on medium Phsyx and everything else on full graphics. Loaded right into the game and played for 10 mins. No problems.

Phyx version: 09.14.0702

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    Hmm, I think I had this problem before. Though it also froze on me at Low PhysX. What I did was uninstall the driver, and did a clean install. Worked like a charm.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've already uninstalled and cleaned with DDU but I'll do it once again just to make sure.

6. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    Make sure to do a reboot too. Some times, these drivers need a full reboot to really kick in.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This is what I do:

1. Start DDU and let it make a System Restore Point
    2. Let DDU restart the computer in safe mode
    3. Clean and restart
    4. Install drivers, HD Audio, GFE, PhysX (leave the rest)
    5. Restart one last time

8. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    Hey fellas, recently joined the forums. Been a fan for years. I recently bought two gtx 980s but I still use a old gt 430 to bitstream to my htpc. Ever since I stated using the 344.16 whql drivers, my gt 430 stopped functioning. I hvae tried the forums moded inf guide but that was for nv_disp file and this driver has nv_dispe file. I copied the string value and os from the guide and pasted it in the 344.16 inf but the driver doesn't install. Could someone please upload a modded inf for 344.16 with gt 430 support for windows 8.1 please? Or at least tell me how to do it properly?

Best regards

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    By chance setting to "Prefer Maximum Performance" in NVIDIA Control Panel makes no difference correct?

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3130

10. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Did you disable Driver signature Enforcement? you have to do that to install modded drivers with Windows 8.

Try the driver that Cyris modded: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4935760&postcount=153, you don't need to disable DSE if you install his signed "nv_disp.cat" like he shows you in the video.

11. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Was having a very simular problem with PhysX, in Batman AO none of the PhysX items moved, they were on the screen, but didn't do anything, Metro Last Light Redux would have a driver stopped responding error if advanced PhysX was turned on.
    You know what's funny though, I had the problems on a eVGA GTX980 sc, on eVGA's advice I returned it, got myself a Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Gaming, and the issues mentioned stopped, but other PhysX problems arised.

To me its strange that different Maxwell card's have different PhysX issues with the exact same drivers.

For me I can't play through The Evil Within without it crashes every 10 minutes, yet no other game does it, including Shadows of Mordor with Ultra textures (6gb recommended).
    In Dead Rising 3 I never had a single crash with these drivers.

I'm guessing Maxwell being so new there will still be a few bugs in the drivers.

12. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    Well I tried the driver form the link and disabled driver signing and it installed like a champ, however, I am missing DSR settings from my gtx 980s. When I installed the unmodded 344.16 i had that option. Have you had nay luck with the 344.24 drivers modded for desktop?

13. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I only have a 580 so DSR only works for me with the 344.24 drivers, I had to uninstall them though because Alien Isolation crashes with them.

14. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Come on already Nvidia, when are we getting new drivers and will DSR be included in the release so i don't have to use a modded notebook drivers ,as i do like the new DSR feature .... :)

15. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd