Amd crossfire games list - games without profiles/negative scaling WTF AMD

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Oct 14, 2014.

1. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Are you implying that its ok for games to have no crossfire support on day of release ?Really ?!?!?

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not at all. I would like crossfire support ASAP for all games but it doesn't work that way.

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

This.

I don't quite understand how people can put the blame entirely on AMD or NVIDIA; they didn't develop the game. If I go make a game and have 0 support for multi-GPU, I'd expect the full blame.

It's kind of difficult nowadays to make a game not support multi-GPU unless you're using an in-house engine, and not something popular like Frostbite, Unreal Engine, or CryEngine. And if that's the case, you really should be working with AMD and NVIDIA to ensure your game works properly with such setups.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    While saying that, some games "powered by AMD/NVIDIA" have issues with SLI and crossfire so lets blame both sides equally.

5. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    NBA 2K15 doesn't have a Crossfire Profile and I can't find any other profile that works properly with it.

6. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Just wanted to add to the list Neverwinter Online does work with crossfire.

7. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Crysis (Original game) doesnt seem to be scaling positively with Crossfire enabled, surprising because that game needs it.

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Crysis is heavily CPU-limited. Check your CPU core usage.

@others: I'm surprised at the amount of unnecessary meanness in your posts (not that any meanness at all should be necessary). AMDMatt is here to help, he's one of the community in Guru3D, try to make his role easier in this. I got frustrated just by reading the posts and they weren't even directed at me, and AMDMatt has been extra careful to word his posts respectfully.

I really hope you take this note to heart. Seriously.

9. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Yea but the game runs great with Crossfire disabled?!

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Going to try it now here.

11. Errant Shadow

Errant Shadow Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 x2
    ArcheAge doesn't work with crossfire by default, only one card is active in game. Using the Crysis 3 profile enables crossfire with some scaling (45-60 fps instead of 30-45 at 3600x1920), but introduces flickering lights and water rendering issues. Using the AFR Friendly profile causes massive graphical issues in game for me (black lines at the login screen and full screen flickering in game).

I haven't found any other profiles that scale better than the Crysis 3 profile, or that eliminate the graphical issues that occur when crossfire is enabled.

12. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    You should be a little more honest. If a game is older and will be used by reviewers in their benchmarks then amd will waste time working on crossfire to give you 2 more fps because it is essentially good marketing. See the last whql for proof, they improved profiles in games that already ran well and just so happen to be games that reviewers use in their benchmarks. If it is an older game that isn't used like that, well then you are SOL.

As far as new games, well some get profiles some don't.

Keep in mind, nvidia is no better in this area. CFX/sli work great when they work, and sometimes it doesn't work. Still worth having if you can do it, but it's definitely not perfect, and definitely something you'll always wish they appropriated their resources more appropriately for..

One thing is for certain, you can always guarantee 3dmark will work like a charm, lol.

13. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Yep archeage is my most sought after profile right now. It's free to play and looks immense on the graphics side of things. Be amazing if someone could download it for free and play around with the settings for crossfire! 2 crossfire pcs in this household would be very grateful! 295X2 and 2x280X

14. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Works fine for me with my setup.

Then again, I haven't tried it with CF turned off.

15. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Try it!
    We must know because its hard to google for forums/articles relating to Crysis CF because the search results are saturated with Crysis 3 related articles.

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    In some games, I have negative or no scaling but what I did was enabled CFX 16xAA and it actually increased my FPS!

Example would be GTA III, VC and SA. If i set AA from 0 up to 8, FPS is crap. Force 16xMSAA, FPS increased!

So for games that are not scaling with CFX, try to enable CFX AA and see if it works for you.

17. darkshadow5k5

darkshadow5k5 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC
    It's great people are so quick to pin it on the videocard maker:

18. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    After testing Crysis Warhead with AFR and Optimize modes and finding there was some flickering, i switch back to default and now the flickering has stayed!?

I also found that Ryse is far smoother in AFR but gets flickering, after tinkering with some pre-defined profiles i found that Battlefield 4 gives the best performance without flickering.
    Any other profiles worth trying?

19. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Rfactor 2 has no crossfire support. Been a long running issue with performance in that sim.

20. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    WoT's terrible engine doesn't support Crossfire or SLI. Christ they just got their game to be able to spread the thread load to more than one core like 3-4 patches ago. It still doesn't do multi-core rendering.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014